***February SNG Thread***

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last one is a clear example of why we don't complete from the SB with junk.

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know where I might find some concrete numbers on how much equity everyone gains for a player being elimination in short fields? Like...when someone gets knocked out 5th in an STT, how much equity do the players who didn't bust him gain?

I guess I'm really curious how much equity you gain by being nitty early on and letting loose players bust themselves? And I guess I'd most like to see it as it applies to 18-mans. ;)

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know where I might find some concrete numbers on how much equity everyone gains for a player being elimination in short fields? Like...when someone gets knocked out 5th in an STT, how much equity do the players who didn't bust him gain?

I guess I'm really curious how much equity you gain by being nitty early on and letting loose players bust themselves? And I guess I'd most like to see it as it applies to 18-mans. ;)
http://www.chillin411.com/icmcalc.php

Just enter chips before someone get bust and calculate, then enter chips after player is out and compare how equity change for the others.

I guess it can be used for 18´s, just change the payout distribution (but need to be 10 or less players left).

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Oz (or anyone that knows), if you make a little cashout from fulltilt it shut down your year-end bonus or can withdraw with out a problem because is apart (the no hit rake make me wonder that because is not in the cashier maybe not affect?).

Sorry, missed this earlier. I don't know the answer but I don't see why it would?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh thanks for the feedback everybody.

Seems like there are more people in the thread this month!

And Jimmy, the numbers on the y-axis is the percentage of the time I finish in each spot.

I might make a video tomorrow - would that be easier/better than sharing an entire hand history?

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like videos, but others may disagree.

My computer is old and won't make video easily or I would do one too. I'm thinking I may try to find hand replayer and play out important hands just leaving out and making list of obvious preflop folds. Man if that wasn't a run on sentence:).

So far this month :

9/16 ITM
2 : 1rst x $27
1 : HU split x $21.60
4 : 2nd x $16.20
2 : 3rd x 10.80

Right were I left off last month after my failed attempt at the $12's. Runnin so good it's 3:37 am EST where I am and gonna play at least one more set :cool:.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, missed this earlier. I don't know the answer but I don't see why it would?
Because most of the time when you have a bonus if you make a cashout the bonus is canceled, but in this case the end-year bonus is manage like a "aside" bonus, that is what make me think probably will not be affected by the withdraw, but don´t want to cashout and see that all the work get to trash and is voided, so i guess the best is to ask directly in FTP.

Thanks.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugly but standard unfortunately.

Not really sure what the right line would be in the last hand - sure we hit two pair on the turn but Th isn't all that pretty a card for us given the potential for higher two pairs, straights and flushes. I dunno, I maybe check-call it for pot control?

Yeah, I probably should have slowed down on the river at least, especially considering I was in decent position to cash.

The last one is a clear example of why we don't complete from the SB with junk.
Auto-fold in the future, especially with only 5 left.

I also would like to know of a better hand converter. With the CC site change, it took me forever to get them ready to post and it still looks awful.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also would like to know of a better hand converter. With the CC site change, it took me forever to get them ready to post and it still looks awful.

I see you were using the DC hand converter - that one works fine. You might choosing a bad format though. It looks like you're using the HTML or maybe the plain text, just keep the output format as deucescracked and it should come out looking good, with color and symbols and everything.

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jan was ok for me ...I had a small profit. I decdied to get PT3 and I love it. It sure has helped my game.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The Deuces Cracked one has always worked OK for me - like cj said just change the output format and insert your own line breaks to clean things up a bit.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use the DC hand converter, but in output format use the "phpBB forum" option and works clean.

Meh hand.

full tilt poker $10 + $1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 9 players

MP1: t1215 12.15 BBs
MP2: t1660 16.60 BBs
CO: t1470 14.70 BBs
BTN: t1830 18.30 BBs
SB: t1555 15.55 BBs
BB: t520 5.20 BBs
UTG: t865 8.65 BBs
Hero (UTG+1): t1975 19.75 BBs
UTG+2: t2410 24.10 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is UTG+1 with A
diamond.gif
A
spade.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to t400, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t1215 all in, 5 folds, Hero calls t815
MP1 shows K
heart.gif
A
heart.gif

Flop: (t2580) 5
club.gif
T
heart.gif
club.gif

Turn: (t2580) 3
heart.gif

River: (t2580) J
heart.gif

MP1 shows K
heart.gif
A
heart.gif
(a flush, Ace high)
Hero shows A
diamond.gif
A
spade.gif
(a pair of Aces)
MP1 wins t2580

Last edited:
DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay I'm excited today! Just registered my HEM so now time to put in some more volume. Had hard time with more than two tables without HUD. No problem with four with it.

Not only that but this looks soooo much nicer and is easier to see progress than the paper and pen method:

I filtered out my failed attempt at $12 games. Only 15 or so played but not well:). The first 300 were me experimenting at taking more chances early. You can see how well that worked out for me :rolleyes:. From game 700 or so and on was me moving up to $6.50's. That's where I'm at now and staying at least until I cash out enough for new PC.

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 118
  • stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 118
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope everyone has a profitable Feb, when I get back home at the end of the month I am going to grind the hell out of the 45s played a few while in Aus and enjoyed them. They are also handy for my roll since the rake is a little lower on the turbos.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot to set my goals for the month so here goes:

Play at least 50 SNG's (girlfriend goes away for a few days this month so should be achievable!)
Profit - >10% ROI
Post some hand histories or contribute to discussions there
Finish HoH v2

Good luck to all!

P

Potheadwoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off my first 4 tournments were first place finishs Febuary 1st. I hope to keep up a good roi for the month(so far so goodish).

Goal: To continue making good equity moves and to learn about the independent chip model more.

Finish reading collin moshmans book and then to re read it over a few times.

And lastly to finish the month with a positive roi

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forgot to set my goals for the month so here goes:

Play at least 50 SNG's (girlfriend goes away for a few days this month so should be achievable!)
Profit - >10% ROI
Post some hand histories or contribute to discussions there
Finish HoH v2

Good luck to all!

Nice goals and good luck achieving them. Only thing you might want to change is the profit. You could easily do everything right and over only 50 games be behind. Therefore this type of goal is a setup for failure IMO.

Maybe change it to not playing while tired or something else you can control. Just a suggestion.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a bit of time away from poker, no real reason. If anyone has any hands they would like review or whole tournaments, just send a PM my way. It's a way of keeping in touch with poker without actually playing.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a bit of time away from poker, no real reason. If anyone has any hands they would like review or whole tournaments, just send a PM my way. It's a way of keeping in touch with poker without actually playing.

I may hit you up on that offer. Just let me know when it gets annoying:).

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice goals and good luck achieving them. Only thing you might want to change is the profit. You could easily do everything right and over only 50 games be behind. Therefore this type of goal is a setup for failure IMO.

Maybe change it to not playing while tired or something else you can control. Just a suggestion.

Cheers Jimmy. This followed an excellent January for me (48% ROI!) so I thought I was trying to set a more modest expectation as I can't run that good again.

A more meaningful goal might be to curb the aggression around the bubble - I've just played a couple of sets and frittered away decent positions (called an AI with A9 to find myself up against AT as an example). I ran so good last month that I find myself thinking I can win everything...

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finish a late session of 8 games, end with 12.5% ROI wich is decent (and good if think long term), BUT, have to invest $44 to get the HUGE amount of $5.50 (8-tabling) :confused:, was one of those moments where the head start thinking why is that am playing this?. I mean thinking a little, used to invest only 1/4 of that in 3 or 4 Mtts and usually get like 10 times more.

I know, volume, $/hr, etc, etc. but at this point not really motivated to continue playing STT, it looks like a really hard work and very big investments to get little reward.

Funny that take me 3 months to get to this:D

Anyway, i think need 4-5 more sessions to clear all ironman year-end bonus, after that will fold STT and better stick with Mtts (or at least MTS&G), however, i don´t think was a waste of time, i do improve a lot my game mostly in bubble-play wich helps also for MTTs. (thanks to all for the help).

Last edited: