***February SNG Thread***

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not quite sure it's an auto-fold, but it appears that I'm the only one so far that thinks that. The way I look at it is that if we call and win, we're going to crush this tournament like 99% of the time. If we call and lose, then we're down to ~t1100 and we're gonna bubble pretty often. So if you look at it that way it's almost a flip - you'll either win the tourney or you'll finish outside the money. So as long as we're 50% to win the hand we can call, and we have that equity against a range as narrow as 99+ and AQ+.

Granted this is sort of over-simplifying a little but it's certainly much closer than I think everyone is making it out to be.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ Agreed. Seems like one of those decisions that will be about break even in the end. Can't beat yourself up no matter what you did.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I was the one to be able to force the action then I take the 50-50, since I'm not then I'd pass this up for another opportunity.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was the one to be able to force the action then I take the 50-50, since I'm not then I'd pass this up for another opportunity.

Agreed. I'd make a move with this but not call the move with this.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A big leak I have multi-tabling is that I lose focus on individual player tendencies and how to exploit them. I have been multi-tabling Heads-up to try to fix this. I haven't been profiting much from Heads-up, but it seems to have helped greatly in STTs initially. Once I have a bigger sample I will share more.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's certainly not a snap-fold for me, especially given the reads. It sounds like we've got a tilted villain on our hands that's probably sick of us taking his chips. The hand we've shown down was only a medium pair and we've been forcing folds out of him without showing as well.

Couple that with the fact that a genuinely big hand probably bets a bit smaller against us hoping for some value and I think we're doing a lot better against villain's range than just a flip.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally have a little more time to play, and was thinking in a schedulle for this week with some 90´s or 45´s, but, Fulltilt kind of suck with the change to On Demand games and not much options, also don´t want to wait there for ever to get all games running.

So, is this a really bad/crazy idea to mix?.

2x $2.25/27´s
2x $3.30/90´s KO
2x $5.50/27´s
2x $5.50/45´s

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally have a little more time to play, and was thinking in a schedulle for this week with some 90´s or 45´s, but, Fulltilt kind of suck with the change to On Demand games and not much options, also don´t want to wait there for ever to get all games running.

So, is this a really bad/crazy idea to mix?.

2x $2.25/27´s
2x $3.30/90´s KO
2x $5.50/27´s
2x $5.50/45´s

I've never tried but I can't imagine that could be good, especially with that many tables.

If anyone is interested, I just made a xBB stat for PT3 - it works well, except when on the first hand of a new blind level, where it uses the old blinds to calculate your xBB. But after PT3 gets one hand at the new blind level, it will adjust correctly.

Attachments

• xBB PT3.zip
    1,021 bytes · Views: 1
Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5´s/27 take for ever to get fill so skip it that.

PT3 don´t show number of BB´s?, why people use PT3? HEM have that.

CJ you still playing the 45´s in Stars?, how they treated you? (grats for new mod).

Some time don´t see Pat around.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seven Books
Three Videos
New Strategy
Took a shot at 6.50 buy in on PS - br was only 26
Tournaments Played -5
ITM 60%
ROI 116%
1ST TWICE
2ND ONCE
Is this a temporary swing or is game getting better? Opinion welcome

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of odds could one get on a prop bet to make $300 in four weeks at $1/45s? Bearing in mind that there's only nine players who've made that in those games in the first 7 weeks of this year

Is there a time or game limit on this at all?

Going to go on a mega grind starting in march. Been ages since I have even tried to so will start playing 4 tables later or prob tomorrow as I have just got back from near 24 hrs plane flights and see how many tables I can play by march, hopefully six. Need to up my volume and studying by silly amounts since I have all the time in the world and am too lazy/tired to engage my brain.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seven Books
Three Videos
New Strategy
Tournaments Played -5
ITM 60%
ROI 116%
1ST TWICE
2ND ONCE

wayyyyyyyyyyy too few games to tell. :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seven Books
Three Videos
New Strategy
Tournaments Played -5
ITM 60%
ROI 116%
1ST TWICE
2ND ONCE

Yeah, sorry - five games isn't enough to tell anything. Really need at least a few hundred.

nvr_di

nvr_di

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im new here, just starting out, and Feb is almost over. Better late than never right?

Goals
Play 20 sng's before end of month. Starting with 1$ STT the moving up once Ive doubled my BR to $20-25.
Post at least 3-5 hands on CC for feedback.
Read, Read, and Read some more.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im new here, just starting out, and Feb is almost over. Better late than never right?

Goals
Play 20 sng's before end of month. Starting with 1$ STT the moving up once Ive doubled my BR to $20-25.
Post at least 3-5 hands on CC for feedback.
Read, Read, and Read some more.

Welcome to the forum, have you any experience of STTS? Thats not really good BR management to be moving up at that amount of buy-ins really. I like the rest of the goals though :D

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst feeling in the world is when you push into a 41/4 on the bubble with AKs and he wakes up with KK :(

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst feeling in the world is when you push into a 41/4 on the bubble with AKs and he wakes up with KK :(

were you railing me yesterday or something?????

But I think the worst feeling is more when, against the same type of player, your read is spot on and your QQ is against his J3o. And the 2 Js hit (or can be 3s or a combo, frustration level is the same) by the river. Now THAT is a bad feeling...............:(

nvr_di

nvr_di

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to the forum, have you any experience of STTS? Thats not really good BR management to be moving up at that amount of buy-ins really. I like the rest of the goals though :D

Thanks! I have a couple months worth but I am sure its not enough. How much of a step up in skill level is it from $1 to $2? I was figuring when I got my BR up to around $25 I'd see how much of a challenge it is and drop back down If I got down to $18.
Also would moving from the $1 STT to the $1 18 or 45 seat be a better in between move up?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! I have a couple months worth but I am sure its not enough. How much of a step up in skill level is it from $1 to $2? I was figuring when I got my BR up to around $25 I'd see how much of a challenge it is and drop back down If I got down to $18.
Also would moving from the $1 STT to the $1 18 or 45 seat be a better in between move up?

I mean thats cool if you dont mind running it that way but its easy to go broke with such a small roll. The 2s are not much tougher than the ones. People have all sorts of thoughts on BR management but at least 40 buy-ins is okish most people go for 100 buy ins or something inbetween. At your br many people play sub 1$ games such as sattys to the daily dollor and then unreg and take the cash.

I really like playing 18 and 45 mans better but more players will usally mean more chance of busto.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running hot today, +30buyin day:)

Good weekend for every1

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone here multi-table without a HUD? The reason I ask is that ive been doing it for the last few days playing 8 tables and have been fairly successful doing it. Im playing $3 games and my thinking is that if I play a straight forward ABC game then I should be fine. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone here multi-table without a HUD? The reason I ask is that ive been doing it for the last few days playing 8 tables and have been fairly successful doing it. Im playing $3 games and my thinking is that if I play a straight forward ABC game then I should be fine. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

I 8-table without a HUD. Whether that's a good or bad idea is open to interpretation though I guess.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 8-table without a HUD. Whether that's a good or bad idea is open to interpretation though I guess.

You seem to do well for not using with that many tables. Tell ya the truth I figured you used one for sure. I can do four but ROI suffers badly if I'm off focus even slightly. Two is no problem. I do take massively more notes when not HUDing it. Of course now that I have purchased HEM I see no reason to play without basic HUD at least. My computer isn't fast enough but I'm sure I could jump to at least 9 and maintain 5%+ROI. Right now doing four with HUD and 15%~ ROI after last 500.

TBH I think the little break I took from using helped my note taking ability and overall game. Once you start getting good reads without a HUD, adding one can help you see even more(IDK hard to explain). I just know if you are a good multi-tabler without HUD, you should be much better with one. Helps catch lots of stuff you wouldn't notice against regs and this info can be used to exploit many of them.