***February SNG Thread***

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finish a late session of 8 games, end with 12.5% ROI wich is decent (and good if think long term), BUT, have to invest $44 to get the HUGE amount of $5.50 (8-tabling) :confused:, was one of those moments where the head start thinking why is that am playing this?. I mean thinking a little, used to invest only 1/4 of that in 3 or 4 Mtts and usually get like 10 times more.

I know, volume, $/hr, etc, etc. but at this point not really motivated to continue playing STT, it looks like a really hard work and very big investments to get little reward.

Funny that take me 3 months to get to this:D

Anyway, i think need 4-5 more sessions to clear all ironman year-end bonus, after that will fold STT and better stick with Mtts (or at least MTS&G), however, i don´t think was a waste of time, i do improve a lot my game mostly in bubble-play wich helps also for MTTs. (thanks to all for the help).

The end goal in SNGs is to be able to mass multitable. THe only way to get there is with a lot of hard work. After a whlie you just intuitively know what to do without thinking, thats when you can play 20+tables and then also a huigher $/hour.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, Played 6 35.75$ PLO super turbo HU matches. Won 5 lost 1. No more SNGS for the month, reached my peak.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MY sharksope results for the 7 months, You Jelly CC sng players?

filming midgets 336 $1 $13 36% $368 - 72 FullTilt

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is skill to them and Im surprised you don't see that.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The end goal in SNGs is to be able to mass multitable. THe only way to get there is with a lot of hard work. After a whlie you just intuitively know what to do without thinking, thats when you can play 20+tables and then also a huigher $/hour.
I agree with you Wizz, but my point was exactly that, you need to do a lot of hard work, invest a lot and expect a tiny ROI, is just the nature of the game and is just not for me.

In other things last couple days start to try some 30players in ongame, pay top6, mixing with some Mtts in Merge and 888 network (playing 5 tables and investing less than $20)

So far is good.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask this in Mtt topic but maybe someone that plays 45´s/90´s in fulltilt know.

Anyone know how much time take to appear in your account the tickets that you buy with medals from ironman?? ($26 tokens)

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the Steelers win the Super Bowl...

apocalypse1.jpg

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you Wizz, but my point was exactly that, you need to do a lot of hard work, invest a lot and expect a tiny ROI, is just the nature of the game and is just not for me.

In other things last couple days start to try some 30players in ongame, pay top6, mixing with some Mtts in Merge and 888 network (playing 5 tables and investing less than $20)

So far is good.

Tiny ROI, but you can play more games, with consistent profit and less variance.

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who fancys playing the $5 SnG's at FT, 6 tabling? I will be willing to start at any time just reply to my post on here or drop me a PM, I have no work till Monday so I am willing to take this challenge at any time.

The challenge will go on for 6 hours.

Also if anyone would like a sidebet on who makes the most money in that
period of time, I would be up for that aswell?

The rules are:

- You must finish all six tables, before starting a new set of six.
- No longer than a ten minute gap from finishing your games, to starting your new set of games.
- Must show proof of your play, by screenshotting your tournament history from the full tilt page.
- Sidebets must be agreed before the challenge begins.

Would be interesting if any of the english member take me up on my challenge
wink.gif

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting Tom but I'm not quite up to the $5 level (soon I think / hope) nor 6 tabling yet (although getting more comfortable with 2/3). So this particular Englishman will gracefully wimp out :)

Good luck to you and anyone else who gives this a go!

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CMON PEOPLE, WHO WANTS TO TAKE UP MY CHALLENGE???? ^^^^^

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing turbo's instead and maybe you'll get some more action.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing turbo's instead and maybe you'll get some more action.

Agreed. I'm at $6.50 turbo's 4 tables. Getting ready to sit in 4 of them right now. Then after that set, prolly do the same over and over with breaks in between. You can catch me almost any day at various times. My CC name is my FT name.

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry bro but I only play the regs and the challenge is strictly for the $5 reg SNG's at FT. However I might try and get a couple of turbo games in soon though, if I do I will look you up :)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do it but once you've been to the darkside it's hard to come back. Not possible for me to play an STT that is long enough to include a break. That's insanity:).

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to start mixing in some Heads Up while playing a couple of 9-mans. I'm hoping it helps me play better situational poker. Decent results the first night, but just a few games since I'm tired.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do it but once you've been to the darkside it's hard to come back. Not possible for me to play an STT that is long enough to include a break. That's insanity:).

qft!

(although I do worse at the turbos :p)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

^ this. Plus waiting until the end of a full set before starting any new tables would probably drive me a bit nutty too :p

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gotta aggree , once you play turbos you cant go back...registered for Sng 9 man a week ago and registered for a regular non turbo game, playing a couple of others so I did not notice.

Playing for about 20 minutes and no one is out, and no one is calling my all ins, what a wimpy table , oh wait blinds are like 25/50 and this is a regular game,(Exaggerating but you get the jist of it) oh yeah I busted early

once you try turbo you can't go back:D