Do you prefer online tournaments or live tournaments?

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say live tournaments, I still don't trust online RNG!
Not many options nowadays tho, so it's online or nothing :(

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer online ..coz I don't wanna waste time driving around in traffic

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, there is only one downside, the probability, variance just simply doesnt stand, how in the real, live. I understand the players, whose quit online, as it is many times totally unreal. But live events cost more, take more time.In my opinion the live worhty from 100$ buyins, both for living or hobby players.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played offline! but it has its own rules and I think it will be interesting to play

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, it is practically only an online game. Live tournaments, if they are organized where I live, are completely unprofitable for players.

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't participated in any live tour at the moment, so you might say I prefer more online, but I wouldn't say no to a live experience

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think online poker is better, and here's why. When you play online, you can move freely around the house. It will not be difficult for you to go to the toilet, make a phone call, have a snack or something to drink. If you really want to, you can even go to a completely different place (city or even country), taking a laptop with you.

But in live tournaments, your actions are extremely constrained. This is why participating in such competitions often turns out to be a rather unpleasant experience. Especially after a direct comparison with online.

In addition, you will have to adjust to the rustle or clink of chips, the hum of voices and various smells that are not always pleasant. You don't even know about all these things when you play Online. There, you control the game with a click, and this seems to be the norm.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love both :p
I have never played live tournaments and I have no particular desire to participate in them! I think it's very boring (one table and very slow hands). Only a tournament with a million dollar prize pool would attract my attention!

CDancer_1983

CDancer_1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played a live tournament, but I hope Iwill have that opportunity some day. I think it`s going to be very interesting to see alive how people would pley their cards. Because as one TV character said "poker isn`t about playing the odds, but about playing the man!"

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both but

I like both online and live. However if I had to choose one over the other I think I would rather choose live because you have to look someone in the eye to tell if they have something or don't. Online you have even limited information you're really going by the back patterns and how the money is coming in which you also do in live poker but you also have like physical tales on a play where online you can't see that for I know the villain can be jumping down his pajamas bluffing me out of a part I would never know that until I told and I get shownthe bluff that I know I have been had. So in closing I like both but if I had to choose I would rather play live.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these days I play only online but I prefer live tournaments more

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't play live tournaments in your underwear...

M

morina75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Live turnement

Question?

Do you think the flops work about the same when playing live as on line,
I have my doubt about on line because I keep losing often with AA

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer online tournaments.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

I would not like to play live because I'm just to nervous and emotional when iget good hands.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love the game itself

I just love to play poker but I do prefer live tournaments over online. I like the social aspect of live poker as compared to online tournaments. I enjoy playing both just prefer live.

Stay Safe

Z

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have never been to a live tourni yet so its online for me untill i can really share my views but i watch alot of live tourni's on youtube tho

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Though it's the same game, live and online tourneys almost have nothing in common.
Online play has the huge advantage of the home comfort, the 24/7 availability, the multitabling possibility and the speed too, while when you play live events, you might get bored because of its slow pace, but it offers the advantage of seeing who you are playing against, thus collecting vital information which allows the use of very important techniques you cannot use online where you are forced to rely more on the cards you are dealt and the not very reliable timing and the betting patterns.

Last edited:
S

sestonsento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer online tournaments but live for big ones and cash

S

sestonsento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what is going down later

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For time and money I prefer online, for fun I prefer live.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played live some years ago. It was fun and exicting. But you can not get in the volume like in online Poker and here in germany there is more regulations for prices and so on in live poker. Therefore online is the more confortable option.

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite my love off live poker, i prefer online tournaments because they involve way less of a time commitment.

Organize a Home Poker Game