Do you play satellites?

A

Ace20004u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stattelite win.

I don't normally play in satellites. Usually if I'm going to play in something I'd prefer to just buy in and save myself hours of grinding to get the chance at winning an entry. I play on both ACR and Global and while playing ACR I noticed a freeroll on global that would gain me a $218 ticket and entry into the 150k GTD summer series championship that runs today at 5:30. There were like 900 people in that freeroll and it was a turbo which isn't my favorite format, the payout for a free ticket was only top 3 but I somehow managed to make it. So, today I'm playing in the biggest poker tournament I've ever played in on a free ride. I know my odds are slim but I did bink the ACR 30k a couple of weeks ago for like 4k. I'm hoping for some run good so positive thoughts and gl all at the tables.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Satellite are great to try to get into a better tournament cheap that you could not afford. This being said, while its great to take a shot in some of the bigger tournaments, constantly trying to get into the biggest events as a lower stake player hoping to hit it big it very likely -EV. When you make it the big events many of the best players are playing and while anything can happen it just not going to be easy no matter how much you want to be there.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play satelites which can give you tourney money if you unregister from the main tournament

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellites are not only an opportunity to save on entrance fees to the main tournament, but also a good test.

If I don't have enough experience, knowledge and skills to win a satellite tournament, then what is the point of paying a huge entrance fee and participating in the main tournament? What will such a tournament bring me, besides early departure and disappointment? Therefore, satellites are also an excellent indicator of the level of my game. Here you can get answers to many important questions. Satellite is a great test for my poker skills. Here I can test myself, and also save money on tournament fees. So, yes, I'm playing.

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like satellites. I win several times Sunday Million tickets from 1 or 2$ rebuy satellites.
With satellite we can save money
It is really good apportunity

I play 6max sng satellites for smaller tournaments also I like it too.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
You can go to a good and expensive tournament. Often play)

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I very rarely play satellites, I think that this is an empty race of time, I prefer to enter the tournament directly, because while you win a ticket you will run out of steam, and it is not a fact that you will win it. And it often happens that, having won a satellite, you very quickly lose in a tournament, when the poker room immediately after the satellite throws you there, and you are already tired while fighting for a ticket in the satellite.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play satellites, but very rarely.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can't play satellites
i have no luck all the time

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play some of the satellites on 888, but you have to check if they're worth it. Sub-satellites are a waste of time, but can be a cheap way to expensive tourneys. i prefer satties that bring me to the final tournament directly.

L

Lemouf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play satellites for 100$ tickets or more. I only do it once in a while for events. Usually i play max 10$ tournaments so i dont need to play satellites

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them because it helps me play the big tournys for less money and if i win the min cash it will be big for me cuz i played it for less than the buy in

veneca77

veneca77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes of course yes, satellites are very important, when you want to save some money, and you consider yourself a good player. :D

S

samir77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play free ones. They are extremely hard. Also most of them are very late in the night for me.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i play for qualify to big tournaments.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It rarely takes a lot of energy, I play if I win a ticket

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i play satellites, it's a good way to play expensive tournaments !!!

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play also freeroll satellites.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I practically don't play satellites. If it makes sense, I don't see it yet.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I practically don't play satellites. If it makes sense, I don't see it yet.

There have been a few I have played in the past, mostly Free-rolls, but the reasoning behind them is quite simple, I cannot afford to buy-in to some of the bigger Tournaments and playing Satellites have given me the chance to win bigger prize money at very little cost.
Once I played a free-roll satellite and the top 50 players went on to play a game where the top 5 would qualify for a televised game against 5 professional players.
You have not seen me on Television yet, needless to say I didn't get to the top 5, but that is how dreams come true.:)

When the fun Stops, STOP!

T

thunder_road

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played sattys in the past. This was before black friday on ub and ap and before

rebuys became the norm. I once invested 1 dollar in a satty advanced thru 2 rounds and

won entry into a 100 dollar buyin tourney. I had a blast playing well above my normal

buyin amount.

david

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play any free satellites just to test my luck, those are normally very quick games so I don't mind them too much.

I've only played one paid sub-satellite which got me through to the satellite and then to the main event. These were all back to back so I ended up playing 4 hours of subs before the main event just to fall at the bubble.

From this experience I would prefer just to buy in to the main event, if it's above my BRM rules then it just means I'm not ready for that level of buy in yet and just need to keep building my BR until it's ready.

Maybe major events where the satellites are days before the main event might be worth it for me, but I'm still just building my starting bankroll so I haven't considered these major events yet

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play satellites for free as they help to enter higher-prize tournaments and allow you to get gaming experience :D

Poker Tells