Do you play satellites?

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like satellites - I think I have a fairly good edge in the small to modest buy-in satellites (2-33$). There are lots of spots where both cash players and MTT players play satellites wrong.

Y

Y0seef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With reby,inscrit tardiv ,few places to win and a lot of players that's why must play with small sum and enjoying the game to win

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t play satellites on a regular basis, but I can play poker series if I really want to play a goal-oriented tournament and it’s not bankrolled.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think satellites are good, for practically a small amount you will get to a great tournament with a great prize pool

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Satellites are actually good. You can win a seat on a main event without spending a bunch amount of money. Also huge prize pools on a target event. Step satellites are far more difficult than mega satellites. I preferega sat.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play them when I played on PS. I found them to be way easier to play than normal tournaments and gave you a good shot to get into a bigger tournaments.

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play satellites to try to win a sit to bigger tournaments. Usually
you need to take a chance to win a bigger tourney to have a better chance to grow bankroll a bit faster i think.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play em alot, but recently with the new german regulations, there are fewer sats to German accounts. I dont understand the philosophy behind it, but "the dude abides"

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll satelites are wery strange not realy enjoy them.

D

Drakestar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here , sat are some time really crazy , you can wait 1 h maybe than you can play 😅

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I have never played one in my life

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like playing sattelites. They give me the opportunity to play tournaments ahead of my bankroll and give me the possibility of increasing my bankroll significantly with only one tournament.

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it save me

always im bankrupt i play those sweety tournies :)

C

chriszeira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dica

• You risk a smaller amount to win a bigger prize in a higher buy-in event. If you make it to the main tournament, you can have a unique opportunity to play with some of the best players in the world. A great opportunity for beginners.:)

Last edited:
P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, because they has overlays, and most people are too stpuid to play it normal. instead fold and get ticket call a2 allin for all chips etc.

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which satellites and in which rooms are the most profitable to play due to their good structure, deep stack and good prize money? Does it make sense to play multilevel satellites? For example, $ 1 -> $ 5 -> $ 22, etc.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Satellite Games allow you to invest a little or no money (free-rolls) and win a seat into a bigger tournament with bigger prize money, there are arguments for and against them, but I have lost count of how many players have reached the Final Table in a really big Televised game and qualified through a Satellite game On-line.
There was even a Qualifier who won a WPT trophy and Hundreds of Thousands Dollars from a Free-roll Satellite game, recently I watched a game where 4 of the last 9 players had got there by Qualifying through Satellite games.
You don't need to be rich to play in some of the biggest Tournaments, you just have to work hard and have a little luck from the Poker Gods, Satellite games make it possible, the rest is up to you, I have been close to a few Televised games in the past 20 years that I have been playing, but just falling short in the last games, I still play a few, now and again I just keep an eye on my Bankroll, not the Prize! That is still a Dream away.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play satellites to temperas that cannot afford to play by bankroll, I try to play satellites with a turbo structure

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play. But now I see that there are several satellites to go through before the tournament and this upsets me. There is no time for so many games and the probability is very small. Maybe there are still fast ones for 12 players. 2 get a ticket to this I can play, if I find it. What to think about the bankroll I haven't had it for a long time.

Poker Tells