Do you play satellites?

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played this week the partypoker satellites, they most of time have high overlay, and i have got very nice results with them at the moment, my bankroll is growing.

What do you think about satellites and bankroll growing?

Do you use to play satellites and where?

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No..i think sattelites are useless

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer to play an mtt instead of a satellite, but I play satellites too. Usually satelites to a big tournament.

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT satellite games permit you to have fun playing poker without the playing with scared money feeling. Who wants to be the next Moneymaker?

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It Isn’t poker

Satélite, I think it’s only game of lucky poker

You don’t have time or strategy for play the true poker, because of stack and fast up blinds

No..i think sattelites are useless

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually i don,t play satellites, just because usually even if i get some tickets from this after that i can,t win something huge in the tournaments with this satellites tickets.
It,s hard to tell, why it,s happening. I remember 1 time i lost really a huge amount of money on pokerstars, when i was trying to win finally even 1 ticket, and soft just don,t let me do it at all.
That was a big disappointment so now i prefer not to play satellites at all.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played this week the partypoker satellites, they most of time have high overlay, and i have got very nice results with them at the moment, my bankroll is growing.

I used to more on ACR, but less often now. I have had mixed results. And sometimes they lead to cashes in the bigger events. I like trying to satellite into the ACR venom.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually dont play satellites. many times it says 5 seats to a bigger tournament. it creates some very bad habits when I return to normal Cardschat tourneys. Such as all in or fold style of play.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
satellites help a lot to increase my bankroll, they give me the opportunity to play in expensive tournaments for little money. My advice is to play satellites !!!!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play satellites because it seems to me like two attempts for one prize

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play a lot, on partypoker, too. However I don1t force it anymore, even stopped to play it in other rooms, as it mess up the roi very much, because of the top 1-2% get the ticket only, last time when i played I relegated 3 times right before the tickets, every cases the top 6 got the ticket, and i finished 3 times on the 7th place from 200-400 players, if i do the same just on micro level tourneys, that's 200-300 bucks +, meantime from satties, it is nothing, not even a shot for a bigger tourney.... If i win a sat ticket, or get it as part of the reward programs, then i play, anyway avoid them.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t play satellite unless it’s a freeroll for a ticket. The reason is that you would have to run good in the satellite to get a ticket and then have to run good in the real tournament. I’m not that lucky to do that good back to back. You need to win your share of flips along the way. And you will usually be playing out of your comfort zone as the real tournament will be higher than your normal stakes for the most part.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello, I had a successful experience playing satellite, at least for a newcomer, I won a ticket to a turbo series through the satellite, there I got to the final day and got into prizes, for someone it's probably not big ($50), but for a newcomer who plays a couple of months on conditional chips, it was happiness! This is at the moment my biggest poker win (I play only so far freerrols), of course I am very, very lucky! From that moment on, I now try to participate in such satellites more often, I also get experience on them! Thank you for your attention and good luck at the tables!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I play satellites if I don't want to invest a lot of money in a tournament. That way I can win a ticket to a good expensive tournament.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often like to play satellites to tournaments where I already play. Tournament dollars can be accumulated.

A

ands1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends a lot on the satellite, as there are some that are 3 to 4 to reach the target tournament, so I don't think it pays off, the best are the satellites that go straight to the target tournament.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play satellites if it’s a freeroll otherwise I just prefer to pay the buy in of the tournament.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. it's because I still don't have the ability to win the satellite.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play satellites when I want to enter an expensive tournament

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play satellites often this is a good chance to get to a cool turiner for which you do not have enough bank, but there are times that you play a lot of satellites and are not selected for one of the tournaments it can be sad

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you cannot fall asleep after that at such moments you need to go outside or be distracted by something, poker definitely causes emotions and insomnia

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't hardly ever play satellites, I only play when it's freeroll or I win a ticket!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I play on Satellites, but not on all of them. (top 3 seats win tickets out of 1000) a waste of time for me. party poker is a good place for such tournaments!

DIMARIK

DIMARIK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend tells me not to play satellites, that it is a waste of time and money, here I would argue.
I play on micro-limits, but thanks to satellites, I can sometimes afford to hold more expensive poker tournaments, and this is very cool. :cool:
I think it would be boring without satellites. :rolleyes:

Poker Tells