ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I really like to play the satellites. Although in poker stars I never had luck with them they are more timberos in that room, on the other hand in other rooms if I have won prizes, for example poker 888 I managed to convert 0.10 cents of a dollar into 500 dollars, based on pure satellite 0.10 I converted them into 1 dollar, that dollar turned it into 16.50, that 16.50 turned into 109 dollars and I got into the Sunday poker tournament 888 I got far to position 31, I took 481 dollars. I got 1010 I had to push them with 8bbs and he paid me a dep with AJ and I lost the flip I could have reached position 30 that took 580 dollars there was a short with 2 bbs but I could not resist with those 1010.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if satellites are highly overlayed

I play time to time satellites, but mostly (mainly those free) are very hard. You have to deal with any kind of players. In every hand you will have at least 3 going all in and you can predict nothing. You must have tons of luck. Lol

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, a good chance to get to a great tournament:deal::deal::deal:

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, a good chance to get to a great tournament:deal::deal::deal:

Great chances but in mostly the result is that you end spending more money that the buy-in tickets.
I would define satellites as the last chance

P

pho3wro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good experience to be in the 100-person satellite as well as the 1,500-2,000-person tournament itself. Everyone should try many hour long games I think. Half-price sunday is a great example :)

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play satellites sometimes. It is a way to change your life without bigger deposit.

M

malibuflo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to win satelites because bad players

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very often play with the elite because it is very convenient to get into the main tournament for less money.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play satelites. It's hard to win in them, but if you win, you have an even bigger chance.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah satellites are profitable, just try to play the deep ones , the fast ones, is to much variance

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I play satellites, normally those with 16 players, which give 2 places for the tournament, I have mixed result.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play sats to try and earn a chance at a large entry tourney. But only sats that offer multiple guaranteed tickets and I avoid the sats that force you to play the actual tourney on that same day should you win a ticket.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I often play satellites, I try to find ones where there are overlays, for example, such as the ones offered by Сardschat at party poker for only $ 1

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played this week the partypoker satellites, they most of time have high overlay, and i have got very nice results with them at the moment, my bankroll is growing.

What do you think about satellites and bankroll growing?

Do you use to play satellites and where?

Satellites are one of the very best ways to grow a bankroll hands down!

I play the Sunday $90+5 satellite every sunday at America's Cardroom

so far I have won 2 $1k tickets and 4 $2650 venom tickets in the last 6 months or so, it's been pretty crazy

Dara O'kearney's book helped me a lot
https://www.amazon.ca/Poker-Satellite-Strategy-qualify-tournaments/dp/1527238091

Worth every penny! :eek:

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I try to play 2 sattelite MTTs every 20 std MTTs. I do not actually like playing them, but playing a few makes sense. I try to play those with at least 5 tickets on offer

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played this week the partypoker satellites, they most of time have high overlay, and i have got very nice results with them at the moment, my bankroll is growing.

Satellites are an excellent option. Knowing how to play can pay off a lot.
I play at pokerstars and 888poker.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When talking about satellites, it comes to my skin, chills, due to the high risk of variance that exists in that type of tournament, be it free or micro, in fact now I am playing this type of tournaments a lot in, pokerstar and ,, I love to practice my strategies, as a learning mode and obviously trying to win and access higher level tournaments in the long term ,,, I play trying to follow my learning pattern and putting many hands that I would not do in others tournaments ,, I am thinking of joining more rooms and investing a little money ... I listen to recommendations about the traffic of players ,, ??? in pokerstar has very excellent players as much recreational, which is what I am looking for friends ,,, luck and see you at the tables, may reality be with us ...

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rarely, it takes a lot of time and effort

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only for the big tournaments, or high and medium buy in tournaments. Lower buy ins I buy in instantly.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually play satellites because they would put me in tournaments that are outside of my bankroll.

My thought is that if I wouldn't buy into that big tournament, then I would rather have the money gained from playing a smaller tournament that is the same price as the buy in for the satellite.

I will occasionally take money from a tournament win and use it to buy in to a tournament that is above my bankroll, so it's kind of like winning a satellite but I have the choice of whether or not to take the cash.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play on satellites because it's a long way to the big tournament.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking about trying satellites again but I generally don't play them.

Back in the day I used to like satellites as you could convert them into tournament dollars or use them in other ways. These days I think you are just stuck with the ticket?

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't like satellites. Its a form of play Poker that not make me feel comfortable. There people don't play poker, playing Allin all the time. Its a disaster for me. Its my opinion.:(

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure i play satellites every day it s a good chance to play some big tournament. GL

Poker Tells