Do you play satellites?

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play. In fact, this is not only an opportunity to save on entry fees to the main tournament, but also a good test.

If you do not have enough experience, knowledge and skills to win a satellite tournament, then what is the point of paying a huge entry fee and participating in the main tournament? What will such a tournament bring you, apart from early relegation and disappointment? Therefore, satellites are also an excellent indicator of your level of play. However, it also has its own nuances and features. For example, you still need to be able to choose the right satellites for your strengths. For example, someone is more suitable for classic format tournaments, and someone feels great at the gaming table, where they play in turbo mode.

In any case, satellite poker is the perfect test of your poker skills. Here you can test yourself and also save money on tournament fees. Although you should not think that it will be much easier here. Often, even in satellites, the competition is crazy. In any case, good luck at the gaming tables.

P

Poonslayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i play sattelites

Im still new so ive only got 1 free seat at the bigshot 109 main event and busted out of the money:/

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play, I haven't won any tickets yet, but I've come pretty close.

It's good to put into practice what I've been studying, although it's very different from the live tournament.

good luck to all

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, whenever I can I try a Sat.

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not me, to many rebuys and the buying of more chips.
Some rebuys are unlimited and its an all in game.

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no never. tourney takes allready long time. and then invest extra time..? waste

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellite is the worst when you spend your time for nothing

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In fact i'm playing one unibet satellite right now (thanks to winning 10€ ticket in cc game earlier today) - currently i am chip leader there so hopefully can last 'til ITM-places lol ...

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do play satellites?

Personally I love satellites. First of all, I am very cheap. So anytime I can make a significant profit for little to no investment, I am all about it. Secondly and more importantly they are great practice. Like freerolls, satellites usually have a lot of casual players in them so they require a lot of discipline and focus to be successful in them. I just started back playing online poker within the last two or three months so I have primarily been grinding freerolls and satellites to build my bankroll and get exposure to more competitive games. It has been working out well so far.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played this week the partypoker satellites, they most of time have high overlay, and i have got very nice results with them at the moment, my bankroll is growing.

What do you think about satellites and bankroll growing?

Do you use to play satellites and where?

satellites help a lot to increase my bankroll, they give me the opportunity to play in expensive tournaments for little money. My advice is to play satellites !!!!

I often like to play satellites to tournaments where I already play. Tournament dollars can be accumulated.

I think that satellites are a good option for building a bankroll, provided that you do not play bingo, but rely on your own skills and experience. Sometimes I play in satellites, on different sites.

Satellites are great

Which satellites are you playing?
(I want to try some of them out)

I personally have always preferred the ones where ~ 1 in 7 get paid. But years ago on Fulltilt the ones I liked the most were the ones that paid out 1 in 4 players & 1 in 5 players.
They were awesome!!
I really think some of today's sites could really benefit by taking a good look at some of the things Fulltilt had going on... especially satellites.

I haven't played satellites in years but always enjoyed them in the past... especially when you could win T$'s instead of just tickets to target tournament. One of the things I liked most about satellites was that there's always a good number of bad players in them... ones who don't have much of a clue about how to play a satellite and what the differences are from playing a normal tournament.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, yes, and yes! I used satellites to build my first couple of BRs. I started out with the freerolls, and grinded my way up and down. I'm not sure if there are a lot of good option now of day, but it's worth looking into.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just if it's a freeroll. I don't like much satellites, usually the speed is turbo or hyper turbo. I prefer to play cheaper tournaments.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I have played this week the partypoker satellites, they most of time have high overlay, and i have got very nice results with them at the moment, my bankroll is growing.

What do you think about satellites and bankroll growing?

Do you use to play satellites and where?

Fortunately, satellite is one of the opportunities in poker and I like it very much because it allows me to play in tournaments with good value for money and play with professional players as well, also from satellite we can qualify for live tournaments in different countries

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love to play Satts, because u get the chance to joyn a tournament with a big buy in for small money ;)

Uzbek707

Uzbek707

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the satellites are good, practically for a small amount you will get to a big tournament with a big prize pool.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi bro! Your question is good and interesting. Yes, I play in satellites. I also play in freerolls. I play mostly on pokerstars. I like the tournaments held by Card Chat. That week, I won$ 30 in a freeroll tournament (taking 3rd place). I was pleased. For me, this is the first big win in such a tournament as freeroll.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The last time I played a satellite for a tournament of 11dls, I won the satellite and in the tournament I managed to enter prizes, I won 25dls. The satellite cost me 0.33dls so it was profitable for me, From now on I will try to play more satellites that do not bother my wallet hahah:joyman:

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sat

No not anymore . I tried a few times but when i get in I'm eliminated early by bad hands.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Satellites, incredible, I have been playing in them for three months, there is such a huge variance that any player with good luck can win it, however there is no way to call it or describe it, but there are days that it does not rhyme at all, amen. I have been living that for about a month ,, I am not advancing in the tournaments ,, negative variance that is affecting me but I am still looking for patience ,, some time will pass ,,, freroll and satellites we take a lot of patience and perseverance when playing them ,, We have to study and continue in search of tournament strategies ,, I feel like a winner, and I have won several times ,, 9 tournaments and been at the final table, but I have not been able to win a tournament ,,, they are very unpredictable and that still does more interesting and I will continue looking for that first place that has cost me so much ... luck and calm will come,nothing is forever only my God ,,,

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which satellites are you playing?
(I want to try some of them out)

I personally have always preferred the ones where ~ 1 in 7 get paid. But years ago on Fulltilt the ones I liked the most were the ones that paid out 1 in 4 players & 1 in 5 players.
They were awesome!!
I really think some of today's sites could really benefit by taking a good look at some of the things Fulltilt had going on... especially satellites.

I haven't played satellites in years but always enjoyed them in the past... especially when you could win T$'s instead of just tickets to target tournament. One of the things I liked most about satellites was that there's always a good number of bad players in them... ones who don't have much of a clue about how to play a satellite and what the differences are from playing a normal tournament.

hello PO it’s been a long time...
Hope you’ve been well
I was going to respond to a few posts here then saw you...
So I’ll give my 2cents to you all
1st off, I’m a free roller 0 to hero kind of guy
I’ve played over a decade and won bankrolls on most all sites (and there was so many and much more free rolls back then) (plus awesome CC games;)

I’ve got back in the game last fall after a few years off, had small balances on a few sites still, and played ok
Til my all or nothing attitude appeared (bank roll management IS everything)
and I lost it all everywhere

I like many sites but to stay on a topic here, I’ve been mostly on 888
They still have many 200-5000$ free rolls (for depositors, guess I put a few bucks there when I actually cashed out of other sites)
Off free rolls last 6-8 months I’ve been 0 to $100 4 times, (I’m using bad bankroll management and buying into higher games...stupid!)
Free rolls I make money regularly and have final tabled
Also winning tickets to $55 and $109 dollar games (top 12-30 out of thousands) (888s freerolls)
I played many $22-$109 games from tickets won from satellites
I’ve won countless $1-$11 tickets as well
Ive had final tables on more than a few small buy in games

To the point
I Love Sats.
Yesterday alone for under $10 I won a $33 and $55 seat,
I’m still not using BRM and still haven’t FTed a big buy in game, but I will.
And like stated by one of the other posters, if you can’t win a small buyin sat. you won’t win the big game either

And PO, you’d love 888, traffic really sucks now, but many great freerolls, many great money added satellites,
Many great big games
Field is very soft, many fishies and donks, I’d much prefer playing on stars but 888 is all I need right now👍

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes i play satellites, because i can´t afford the big buyins

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And PO, you’d love 888, traffic really sucks now, but many great freerolls, many great money added satellites,
Many great big games
Field is very soft, many fishies and donks, I’d much prefer playing on stars but 888 is all I need right now👍

Thanks for the tips! And.. great to see you!

Poker Tells