Do you feel like you're getting better or worse at poker as time passes?

I

intheline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On my basis you will try more experience better for sure.
I think that everything in life is going to wait and better in what we do and in poker I don't see that with a difference.
Poker has been evolving, more and more disputed the level evolving, so but at the same time progressing more we will progress, but at the same time we will stay to progress so to know if we are not progressing progressing.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes improving

Since I started playing, I've already evolved, I'm aware that I still have to improve, so I'm getting better and better answering your question

"No one is always a winner, and anyone who says they are is either a liar or has never played poker" - Amarillo Slim

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like worse but maybe because I have been at it a long time and need a break.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The question of do you feel like you're getting better at poker or worse at poker is an ever changing answer. You should always be improving over time but your measurement should not be strictly on profits and losses. Because running good or running not so good goes in streaks.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i think i am getting better and better

HOWEVER .....

i have phases where i play horrible for weeks . odd

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I get better. However, the better I get, the more money I lose. It is ironic, ain't it

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Deffo better as i'm understanding techniques strategy and patience more

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Trying to maintain the level of concentration needed to play well is very hard, and I find it can be weeks before I get back to a decent level, after having a break from Poker.
The best remedy is to start with low stakes and build up slowly again, I have always followed a saying that "Poker is a Marathon, not a Sprint race" and taken games slowly from the beginning, before getting back to my usual stakes, and playing ability.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm getting better every day I recently played high stakes in MTT just ****ing, then how easy it became to play at micro limits

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel that I am getting better, however, the better I get, the more I lose. Hope it will change soon

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely getting better but not winning anymore money than before. Having fun trying for sure.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have ups and downs for sure that make me think I'm getting better and then the next day I feel like I'm getting worse. I just wish on the days I felt like it was getting worse that I would just walk away and not play for a while. But I'm still very new to poker so it's all learning fun for me.

E

Elena Bulgaru

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some days are good, some not. I realized if I’m really tired or something bothering me in my daily life, it affects how I’m playing. Should control myself more and probably play less in those days.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
better better worse better better worse worse worse:):(:confused::mad::p;):eek::rolleyes::cool::eek::smile::D

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not much change, I'm afraid. My game improved for a bit and then it stagnated.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buna , am ajuns la un nivel destul de bun . Termin aproape orice turneu in primii 100 chiar am jucat si multe runde finale dar din pacate am o problema acolo nu am reusit sa castig nici un turneu cel mai bun loc a fost locul 2.

You must speak english only on these forums mate. Cheers

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you're either good or you're not. You can't get worse because the only way is up up up

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I am getting better. Thanks cardchat. Yesterday I got into the pay zone in the freeroll. Unfortunately, after completion, I spent all the profit almost immediately. It's just a question of discipline and I understand that. I hope that soon I will be able to develop discipline, because even now I understand: this is all a matter of habit, and a habit can be created.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each one upgrades its style and improve its game when keeping practicing.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I am definitely getting better. Decisions are made easier, there are fewer doubts and the game is even more fun.

M

marcusvco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like im getting better, mostly from watching reviews of tournaments and putting what i learn in practice

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, small steps but every year a little bit better at the game

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think i getting better and better. But there are some steps back. Not a roller coaster but some steps back. If i had a bad run i getting mad and my play getting a little bit worser. But if i recognize this i would be better.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowly but surely getting better and better.

Playing the right way consistently and playing more games will beat the poker variance.

Still need to tweak some late games leaks to get more Final table and have opportunity to win in big field.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, getting better but it is slow process :)