Do you feel like you're getting better or worse at poker as time passes?

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult to answer ... I feel like I am getting better, but I also feel like the others are getting better. So I have to get better quicker than most people if I want to win, I guess.

K

KinsleyBrutal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am being worst n worst. I almost 5 tournaments yesterday because I was in a state of rush and not even win a bit of 🦴. I forgot that PATIENCE is the KEY to SUCCESS in poker 🤑 :jd4:

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is changing. Now it's getting harder and harder to play. The higher the limit, the harder it is. Poker is getting more professional. Entire teams are involved in the development of strategies and tactics using professional software and powerful servers. One branch of the draw is considered a day, or even two. If you improve, study alone, then it is impossible to get ahead of the teams of professionals.

Kiryl

Kiryl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

The black stripe constantly replaces the white one, but there are more black stripes.

K

KinsleyBrutal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat

My poker has improved but I'm getting bad beat every day where I'm losing all my money

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My poker is slowly improving. However, the number of bad beats is very high.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i think the fact that I've got to money positions in a coupe freerolls is signs I'm getting better

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
''Ever tried, ever failed, no matter, try again, fail again, fail better.'' :p:cool:

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm getting better and better at recognising faster and faster the worse and worse players.
Try plo! It's more close to holdem at 2006.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. There are two sides, if you took the jackpot, then you should take a break from poker and recover mentally. You should not play on tilt and depression, it will only make things worse.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
looking back at when i begun i can say that i have come a long way, amassed a great deal of knowledge, won a few freerolls, placed in a few major tourneys, and wo some cash games, so i am definitely in a better place

K

karylpretty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I had a coach I get better and better until I figured out I can do things that a rec couldn't do like folding AQ with less than 10bb because of UTG open and i'm in the HJ and the payjump is big etc. I just know that I'm getting better and better

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, I began to understand the game better, but this did not improve my results, because the losses with AA both were and remained, the dispersion when for several months the card does not come, then you lose with strong hands

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it makes perfect since. There have been a lot of new players (kids growing up) so they may be more aggressive or passive. I guess what i am trying to say is that you need to make adjustments to your game it's just that as time passes, we tend to forget that just because we know we can win, we get overconfident on our ability that we end up losing. Good luck because even when you know the reason wy it happens doesn't mean you will succeed in fixing the problem.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I think I'm getting better. But not to much better, because I don't play very often. So I have couple of dollars from freerolls on my account and I play often "in money". I am happy.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm better now then when i started playing poker. That's for sure. Now a days I think That depends on day.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course there has been a progress since i started playing poker years ago. But not so much, because i believe the game of poker can only be improved by the time invested in it, with patience, seriousness and perseverance.

Last edited:
IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
“The more I learn,
the more I realize how much I don’t know.”

Albert Einstein

C

Chris1303

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I have played for a while now. And I (of course) think I am getting better. And me losing is never my fault. It’s always just the luck of the draw. Hihi. No seriously I believe I am improving but slowly. I just need to remember that I am playing for fun and need to just focus and take my time.