Do you feel like you're getting better or worse at poker as time passes?

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With each tournament or each poker game I gain more experience and of course I get better.

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better and worse, worse and better.
I need to be more consistent.

C

cristovao3000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you feel like you're getting better and better at poker or worse and worse?

I feel like I've improved my way of playing, I've learned a lot in the last few months, but what intrigues me the most are the hands I lose, because I dream about them, and that makes me a better player I think .

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally i play on ps bountyhunters1.1 or non bounty. I think field is soft

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this referring to online play or live or maybe just having success playing poker in general.

I myself as well have been playing for said amount of time give or take and kinda feel the same way.

I think what affects my way of believing this theory is the inconsistency of my play over the years.

When I was being more active and registering more and more hands each day I was seeing better results and having more success.

Now getting back into the poker grind after some time away I feel like I'm plying like crap and should be winning.

I'm not saying I feel I should be winning or even cashing in each game I play but I feel like my game has declined due to the nature of not putting in as much time as I once did

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if I play continuously then I get better and better, if I haven't played for a long time poker feels weird... that's how it feels to me

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I practically didn't play in the last year, but in my opinion the point is that as you improve, the rest of the field also evolves.

With each passing day it is possible to find more study material for free, so many are evolving and you may have the feeling that you are getting worse because of the results, which is not true.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You may think differently, the main thing is statistics.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont feel anything, sometimes it goes well, sometimes not

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not sure, but deffo more accustom to the quirks of online deals

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The more l play,the more l gain experience and get better,though the number of hours is not always the quality.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I feel that I improved my skills a lot over the last years. Obviously I started to improve quickly when I began to play poker but even after a few years there is still room for improvement and new things to learn.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on the one hand, with regular play, the quality of the game can be improved, but you still need to adhere to the correct strategy of the game. Of course, no one is safe from bet beats and this happens often in poker, and yet poker is good for that, that we are moved or we are someone else.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that over time I play more and more balanced and correct - but in the meantime, poker rooms are more and more reworking generators for entertaining scenarios ((((for example, a week ago I had 6 four of a kind in one tournament !!!! this is in the aisles 3 hours

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
each tournament is different and each table is completely opposite, there are many players who are very different and some know how to play and others only rely on the luck of the cards, they do not care if they have a good hand or are unlikely to have a winning hand They only bet to have fun, that type of player usually takes away a lot of chips, but as I say, each tournament is different and in some you will believe that you are the best poker player and in others you will think that you are the worst poker player that you should have predicted that you hand was bad compared to your opponent's, but good in bad times and in good times one does not let you learn, good luck at the tables I hope to see you there.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hands down getting better and I will say it is mostly because of CardsChat. The posts everyone puts out and the information available here is priceless. Ok so thanks to all.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes That's interesting.... I just had a good run, few good tournaments, nice money.. quite more than a thousand dollars, everything played with satellites... I mean, majority of that money came from 3 tournaments played in 10 days... I was quite good...
Then I placed great in GG millions , another day started a war in Ukraine and I.......
like I never played before....
That when I was thinking it's going worse and worse.....
But now it started again to roll good... I'm passing satellites, second, come in third..... so I guess new money is arriving, it's just a matter of time.
We just have to keep up with bad swings and loose too much... I'm ok !

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
take poker as if it were life, every day you have an opportunity to be a good day or a bad day and it mostly depends on the decisions you make on that day, each experience gained is something that will help you in the future solve a later problem, just keep in mind that daily there are players who win a lot of money playing poker and while there are others who lose a lot of money playing poker, there are two totally opposite poles but well that's how everything is in life sometimes you win and you feel the best and sometimes you lose and you feel the worst, just think of yourself and how to improve every day, I hope you don't get discouraged if you lose, remember that as long as there is life there are new opportunities.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like "Yes" is a good response to your answer.

There's many things that go into it. Firstly, Variance can be a total b*tch. Riding the ups and downs of the game can make you feel like a king one day and the court jester the next.

Secondly, poker is a game where the level of skill is generally always increasing. Because it is played for money there is a higher desire to get good which will continually make the game harder. (Lots of mid stakes regs are better at poker theory than the high stakes players of 10 years ago were).

It's never been more important to improve on your own game and try and patch up the leaks because the game will only be getting harder, but so long as you're doing that the daily ups and downs of "Feeling" like you're good or bad at poker wont account for much if you're better very day.

Hope this helps!

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Am getting worse with my game in my mid 60s and dont have the patience i use to have. Get mad for making mistakes.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do get better and better, and I know what's need to be done.
Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to play long sessions.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a great and noticeable improvement, and this is with lessons, videos, and playing a lot