Do you ever call AK on preflop?

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the vast majority of situations I would prefer to 3-bet than call with AK to take initiative in the hand and sometimes take it down there and then. I would only ever call (or even fold) in situations where ICM is to be considered later in the tournament near the FT bubble for example.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely at least call, if not re-raise, but this depends of Course on your Position and on how the other Players tend to Play (tight / loose). This is especially true if we're speaking of AK suited, this way you obviously have possibly nut flush, nut straight or strong pairs.

But as mentioned, regarding preflop, I think AK(s) is definitely worth a shot and have a look at the flop. In case there is a wet board such as 678 or 335 - and it does not help you with a flush draw - I would kiss that AK goodbye.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play according to position, I am at least quite aggressive with those cards

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played freeroll yesterday. I'm sitting in the top 20 with 30 blinds. in the hand AK suited. I get a push of 50 blinds, of course a call. BB calls too. open AK AK AK). the opponent who started, got a flush on the river ... GG))). I have not seen such distributions yet, with such an outcome

P

pes85

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call

I call when have QJ AND the cards to flush

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're only behind to AA or KK & most people in MTT's - especially on line and lower stakes - won't fold most pairs, 2 paint, 2 cards of same suit or AQ - AT (some won't fold ANY ace, period) you've got to call or reraise

O

oormaner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its still just AK ,so it really depends on the situation.

Mariya

Mariya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!!!

depending on what position I will then decide to varnish or raise

L

Larry Sanders

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages of a tournament, I will only 3-Bet or call a 3-Bet. So many pots are multi-way and 4-Betting only induces one or two players to shove with any pair or suited connector. If I flop well, I know I will get paid off, if I miss the flop, I can easily get away because I have not over committed pre-flop. In the later stages, depending on ICM implications and stack size, I tend to be a lot more aggressive in order to either position myself for a final table run or not get blinded down to the point I'm shoving A2o.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sometimes if they are suited and sometimes when i'm just feeling lucky :damnmate::damnmate:

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to keep playing with the rules of poker if I have AKs or AKo, and you open a fish for me, 90% will re-raise you or I will play you all in to be alone with that play, if you beat me it doesn't matter

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

depends from situation x3 raise or all in

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is a hand to be played. I personally pay up to 3BB but I try to play it watching the flop. I try not to pay an Allin unless I have very few chips. As Daniel says, Poker Pro AK is not a hand and it should always be played by looking at the flop.

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how the table is playing but generally he MINIMUM is a call, I would prefer to 3bb. It would really depend on the situation.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just busted out in a final table with it. I do call with it sometimes, but I wouldn't suggest it. I tried to lip raise all in, but either should have pushed or folded UTG.

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes because I hope to get a good book to the end

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK

Looks good but play worse...

Lost a lot of mony preflop with this hand...:icon_puke

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I was in a 0.02 hyper tournament, there were 52 people left and a prize up to 50, I have AK on the button, blinds 2000/4000 and I 13500, I shoot all in, pay big blind K10 and K 3 j 7 10 come out and that out of the prizes, sometimes you have to gamble

Hoyt88Slayer

Hoyt88Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Youknow it

Oh yes, not only do you call a raise, might as well retakes to get that pot higher, AK is a rocking hand

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We'll of I'm in later position I would 3-bet AK for sure it is a very strong hand especially when it's suited. If my opponent 4-bet shoves me I would be glad to call without hesitation.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet or later open raise all in...