riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I myself would call with AK maybe even a 3 bet depending on my position at the time but never an all in call preflop.

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If in my opponent's vision range you have AK, I will probably give up pre-flop with medium hands and post-flop will depend a lot on the cards I hit
:confused::confused::confused:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I do. Here's my thinking. If a person has KK and I have JJ and I push, that person is bound todo the same. If I see the flop and it has a K or an Ace and I have two jacks, I am in trouble. If I push and the KK guy pushes, I am in trouble.
If on the other hand, I see the flop and it comes with a Jack with non face cards, I feel better about pusing.
So to me, Calling or a double-triple raise will do.
I am sure others play in other ways, too.
Dan'O

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I ALWAYS 3-BET, OR DEPENDING ON THE BET PAID TO SEE. AND IN SOME MOMENTS I RAISE. BUT IT'S HARD TO SHAPE THE HAND.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on many factors. If for example you are vs 1 player, he 3 bet. You can just called or reraise his bet. Your position, if the player is tigh or not, how many chips do you have, him, stage of the tournament...
AK sometimes you just reraise and take the pot or sometimes just called to see the flop. Many things to consider.
Cheers,
M.D.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always depends on the player and Game stage

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2.5/3.5 bet seems pretty standard

HolePairs

HolePairs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a big starting hand. It really depends on action and opponents. But I am calling, raising and 3 betting this hand on a varied frequency.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I may call...
I may raise...re-raise...
I do whatever it's possible, since do not risk all my chips at one hand pre-flop. I'll be put in a wrong range of hands, my goal.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Guys, it's comfortable to call preflop with AK, but it depends on what comes on the flop. if nothing comes up, bluffing to see if I draw chips with my high card and if the opponent calls I realize that I am in bad shape ...

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also agree with Rob, in this case for me it is if you have the advantage of chips