Do you ever call AK on preflop?

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50-50 depends of the situation..........Let s don t forget 22 is better then AK....so is a medium hand........not a strong hand.

all true this words

I think a 60% 40% for me :D

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs an open raise I sometimes call AKo in bb vs a tight utg's open exploitatively, I sometimes fold it vs a cold 4bet 100bb effective.....it depends on the spot and on how I construct my whole ranges..

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With his hand the monster I always go to the whole stack! If the loss, it does not matter, if you win, I rejoice)):joyman:

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win or lose all in is the correct play.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my stack and the player. AK will put you in tough spots at times, but in most cases you're not a huge underdog. I don't think AK is always a snap call though.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am opening I would never just call only time I call would be if 2 or more players already in hand.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this hand is not bad, but against any pair it’s a coin, and if you have 4 bet you need to have wider information about the situation, what opponents and what stage of the tournament

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't call ever, but often. It depends on the situation at the table, the number of opponents, etc.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the tournament situation, start, middle, end,blinds... But in general I always play aggressively with this hand,taking into account that several players pay with A9,8,2,5,T

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm...good question..in the 90% of situacion...it`s depend of 3ways 4ways, etc...

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Would I ever? Of course. But usually AK is a 3x or pot sized (whichever is bigger) re-raise preflop. It is almost always a fold to multiple re-raises.

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

usually u should make raise with A K because if only call you can lose easily :)

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the number of bb. The stages of tournament. How many people are up to the prizes.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not always, but almost always. It depends a lot on the situation, cash game or tournament, how many players are in the pot, how high they raise was and how many chips I have

B

benkob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the table but normally yes 🙂

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
When do you call AK on open-raise ?

If there is a raise before me and I had already established myself as a tight player on the table, once in a while I will call, only to give an illusion that I has mediocre hand. If somehow someone 3-bet, I will still call. However, most of the time I will 3-bet it.

S

ShuffleUPanDeal111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends, you should always be clear who's in front of your table

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak u should always 3 bet for value.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it all depends on the situation. Your position, what has happened before you, your chip stack. I folded AK pre-flop earlier in a tournament. Not sure what the outcome would have been, but I see people going all in everything with AK. I think a 3-bet will suffice a lot of the time. I try to get creative with them and not always shove with them.

J

jsk963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's close to the bubble and I am shortstack I always fold unless it's big pairs in question then I go all in.

S

Szocske2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NO NO...�� I GIVE BACK ALL IN

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK needs to be open-raised (open) from all positions at the table, whether it is a full ring, or 6-max. AK cannot be open-limp, and never open-fold. (Of course, there may be very rare exceptions - as indeed for any situation in poker - but in general, take this as a rule).

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends the situation, cash game or tournaments are so diferently to play.. but generally i 3-bet AK preflop. If im utg or near to bubble, is possible i fold or only call to see the flop depending of my stack and the blinds.. If i have a good stack maybe in many situations, i go all in preflop with AK![emoji41]