Disappointed in poker because of freerolls?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
freerolls are a great place to learn the game. While you will never make millions playing them it does not mean they are valueless. Most of us took up the game because it was fun and sometime you won some coin. We need to remember why we took up the game.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I am a freeroll player, I play a lot of tournaments to win good values! But you must be very careful with people who do not play for a goal and if for the ****

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Freeroll tournaments are good options to win for people who play well and do not have the financial capacity to enter a tournament with cash prizes

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that players in freerolls tend to play way more loosely. Particularly in the beginning there are a lot of players just shoving all in every had trying to get lucky and double up early. In the later stages, play tends to tighten up as the wild players are knocked out and the final tables tend to look a lot more like a regular tournament. Just pay attention to how your opponents are playing and adapt your play accordingly.

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you have to understand the fact that if you don't do well in freerolls it doesn't make you a bad poker player. Many of us started playing the free of the rooms, to get a kind of bank and jump into the game with real money, but the truth is that this task is not easy at all and such is the complexity of these tournaments, that one of the great professionals of this passionate game launched the challenge of reaching $ 0 to $ 100 unicamentate playing freeroll and although it is true that I achieved it, it was not at all in the time that I had estimated, if I remember correctly it took more than 6 months to achieve it .

The definitive recommendation is patience, work, a lot of effort and study to improve your game.

Each level is different from the other and this includes the same freeroll, it is very different to play a free to a real tournament of the lower levels.

Happy day and good luck at the tables
Anyone know the password for the $500 pokerstars freeroll today? Or who is aligable?

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are.. simply that, freerolls.. it's a game of it's own just like cash game is much different from tourneys or even 6max to 9..

T

tschuwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are in my opionion a great way to get started. On the other hand on the long run it awards bad play way too much. It is so difficult to stay disciplined in such an environment. Still super glad that they are avaiable.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll its a good start, but if you want to make maney you have to play or regular hands or a good tournement.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are disappointed because of the freerolls, this is because you may never have played in the cash gamer ring gamer, there is certainly much more disappointment.

B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more than 3 years I have been trying to win $ 50 in freerolls.

N

NINJAWARRIOR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
frustrated early on, mid game gets more interesting

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was once told by a Professional player that if I can win one game in twenty I should give up my day job and go Pro. This advice of course refers to MTTs not Sit n Goes or cash games.
I am still trying to win that one in twenty, Sure I have had some success but certainly not to that standard. I might be on one in forty or even one in fifty games but to hit that kind of percentage is hard, very hard.
So I have given up on hoping to become a professional player and although I still play a lot of games I do not feel a pro's life is for me. It involves a lot of hard work, a lot of travelling for a lot of disappointment, because 90% of the time you will be disappointed.
Life is a series of ups and downs just like Poker but Poker has more downs than ups.
Take it for what it is A GAME! nothing more or less just a game.
This is why we need a bankroll so we can afford to sail through the rough times and bank the good times, Bankroll Management sounds boring and it is but be sure of one thing it is the most important part of playing and enjoying Poker.
If you are worried about bills and expense's this will have an impact on your playing and of course your results.
Free-rolls are all part of the game, sure you get the idiot going all-in on his first hand I am guilty as most but lets face it when you are dealt Rockets on the very first hand you are not going to fold them, and what has it cost you? Nothing! so what are you going to lose? Nothing!
Poker is fun, keep it fun, do not be intimidated by bad beats and suck-outs, they happen, I always say to myself when I lose "C'est la vie" that's Life, that's Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Daddysprincess99

Daddysprincess99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls whenever there's one I can join. It's true there are a lot of all-ins players but I love playing free games.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also enjoy playing freerolls and playing against unpredictable people. I just participate in that crazy game and especially on poker stars I often get far into the tournament. It gives you new insights into the poker game.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is Very Difficult to Earn a Living Playing Freerolls...

Ok, I exaggerated a little bit, let me restate that...

It is Impossible to Earn a Living Playing Freerolls!

Whileplaying freerolls will never be accused of being a Get-Rich-Quick scheme there are many positives associated with them:

• They provide cheap entertainment for many
  • They give you a chance to test and refine your game
  • They give you an opportunity to build a bankroll overtime which can then be used in cash games
  • They may get you an entry into a larger tournament where there is an opportunity to win a larger prize
I understand that you will encounter some bad play, that will lead to frustrating bad beats on occasion. If you played it properly, not need to be disappointed at the game, as more often this will help build your chipstack. I also totally understand that if you are a poker pro, these games are not worth your time, but then you understand that. In my opinion, there is just No Justifiable Reason To Be Disappointed with freerolls. If you find yourself disappointed, most likely you need to adjust your expectations. Enter a freeroll tournament with eyes wide open.

Freerolls should be regarded as a GIFT FROM THE POKER GODS by most of us enthusiasts. Please excuse me for a few minutes while I go offer up a sacrifice to CardsChat. I see a squirrel on one of my bird feeders that appears to be interviewing for a lead role in this endeavor. :rolleyes:

Best of Luck at The Tables All,

CheezeWiz

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do better when i am having fun that is for sure i have completed the 0-100 task many times in the past. of course start with freerolls, but then move into micro stakes like 0.11 buy in mtt's and 0.25 mtt's you will get to 100 quickly

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free tools help win sometimes and build bank roll some people play them
And make thousands too

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree lots of donkey in the free roll world it's all about luck I won with good hands and lost with them AK is no good unless you pair up

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the fact that there are bad players in freerolls since its easier to win. Its just a matter of time, because poker tournaments have lots of variance

T

tschuwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a beginner like me it is hard to distinguish if I myself am bad or if it was really a good play and but still out of the tournament because of variance. Over the course of many tournaments one will see. I always have to chuckle if I see raging players cursing others at the free or centrolls. What do you expect? If you are a pro then please pay your 2200+ BuyIn.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks to freerolls, I stay afloat! I try to play for money: I don't always win, but thanks to freerolls, at least I don't lose money))

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with freerolls and I still play them often, but you can't hide that to build your bankroll quickly you have to risk and play for money

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love freerolls till after the first hour its mostly a game of luck, you don't have any cash invested and it's a bit of a thrill. If I get really serious I get in a real game but then you still get all inners so just have fun an maybe the poker gods will be on yer side

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a great way for me to improve my poker skills. By playing thousands of hands in the past I can better estimate whether I have a winning hand or if I can fold better. In addition, it is a risk-free way to play poker without my bank account running out.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First you have to understand the fact that if you don't do well in freerolls it doesn't make you a bad poker player.

That kind of depends, what you mean by "doing well". You are not going to cash in every tournament, you play, so failing to cash in some freerolls does indeed not make you a bad player. However as a good player you should certainly be able to do better than the average opponent in freerolls. If for instance 200 players compete for 100$, then a good player should win more than 50c on average. Maybe he should win 70c or something.

Some people have the misconception, that its difficult to do well in freerolls or micro stakes tournaments, because the play is so loose and wild, and there is to much variance. But this is simply not true. In fact its easier to beat someone, who dont even care, if they lose, because they paid nothing, or the money is insignificant to them. On some poker sites like 888 you even see a certain percentage of the field sitting out during the entire tournament. And if you can not beat someone using that strategy, then you are indeed not a very good player ;)

Freeroll Passwords