Disappointed in poker because of freerolls?

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can’t get encoded freerolls. They are free and fun to play. I hear other players winning money from freerolls, but I haven’t won any, but I’m not disappointed with playing them.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first got back into online poker I was planning on making a deposit and I was playing the freerolls in the meantime. Then one night I had dream that I deposited $100 and lost it right quick. I was bullshit about it in the dream so when I woke up I was like "I'm not letting that shit happen." I've been playing for a few years now and have yet to make a deposit. Sometimes it takes a while to build a bankroll. Sometimes it happens in a flash. Not long ago I went from zero to $330 in a week. Granted I lost it all but in the end I've lost nothing. Every time I go bust I thank God that I don't put my hard earned money into it. Maybe if we get back to live poker I'll put some money down on the table but as far as online goes I'm very happy with this challenge I have for myself of going from zero to a million dollars. All you have to is win your way into the venom and then get lucky. It's a much better dream than the first one.

B

bonart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank God for freeroll as I am able to graft it out to get the experience in the rough and crazy shoving as such.

The micro stakes games are only a bit better so surviving in freerolls definitely gives me an advantage to get ITM and deeper.

As long as one learns when not to shove AK AQ and AJ. LOL

robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
how to be disappointed i like freerol i won some money from these freerol games i love you

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
how can u be dissapointed in freerolls? you dont lose nothing if u play , but u can win . if u didnt win any money is your fault not the freerolls. no 1 makes you play them , if you are dissapointed in them dont play them, simple. Deposit some money and after u lose it , then u can call ureself dissapointed .

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker is cards game my friend. It is 50/50 game. If you are lucky you win, if not than lose. Simply as that. :) And you can not be dissapointed at freerolls , it is free shot .

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have always used freerolls to build my bankroll. They may be hectic and crazy but I've never put my own money on the line so everything I've ever made and withdrew has been profit. It's hard to be scared of losing when you are playing with free money from the beginning. Definitely not disappointed.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play so many freerolls, but I have yet to have any of my friends tell me it is a waste of time. Win. Lose. Or Bubble. It is a fun pastime

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that I played freerolls and never won. But you always want to play, a fun pastime))):):):)

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls, anything can happen, you can learn some things from them for sure but I see them more as an opportunity to know an specific platform and get familiar with it.
I much rather play low stakes for a better experience, at least for me.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First you have to understand the fact that if you don't do well in freerolls it doesn't make you a bad poker player. Many of us started playing the free of the rooms, to get a kind of bank and jump into the game with real money, but the truth is that this task is not easy at all and such is the complexity of these tournaments, that one of the great professionals of this passionate game launched the challenge of reaching $ 0 to $ 100 unicamentate playing freeroll and although it is true that I achieved it, it was not at all in the time that I had estimated, if I remember correctly it took more than 6 months to achieve it .

The definitive recommendation is patience, work, a lot of effort and study to improve your game.

Each level is different from the other and this includes the same freeroll, it is very different to play a free to a real tournament of the lower levels.

Happy day and good luck at the tables

I can certainly agree and most Professional Poker players now avoid the big Holdem tournaments in favour of other forms of Poker, Like Short Deck, Stud, Omaha and many others simply because they are more to do with skill than luck.
Holdem has become so popular that many more players are entering the big tourneys and where years ago you would have less than 100 players in the World series, in recent times there has been up to 10,000 entering. So the luck is out matching the skill element.
This is why you are seeing so many new faces at the Final tables, and a lot of them are Internet players, some of them even started on the Free-roll tables.
Recently I saw one guy from a South American Country get to the final table of a wsop, from a single dollar satellite game. and won over $275,000, Life changing money for him and his family.
It is these and other stories that promote the game and make it seem possible that any one can do it, and any one can! You just need a lot of luck and the Poker Gods on your side.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

babyvomit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this..

I won a freerooll tournament against 1500 once, and it took about 37 hours.. not sure..(long time)

You need to be "engaged" to really play tournaments.. ;d =D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Players have gone wild the last years in freerolls , also generally . Hard to get ITM , need to be better , try to do to them what they want to do to you , which is delivering to them bad beats , call ATC , play with RNG . No need anyone to be dissapointed , but yes , there is need to adapt your game , play extremelly aggressively , they see freerolls , which means pay nothing , and they play like HYPER DONKS . I also see this in micro bounty games , and micro satellites or other micro tourneys . Poker in freerolls and micro limits , nowadays , is WAR !!!No prisoners , no mercy , either you like it or not , fortunatelly or unfortunatelly , but better don't care at all , just ADAPT ,learn how to play with RNG , learn how to play better poker :)

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. they bring ya da money, that disappoint you so?))) free money and a lot of weak players? agree man, so disappointing

G

GuTs16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do able

Playing for 2 weeks after decade off. Started with Freerolls, got to $24 last week then broke due to playing with too much risk. 3 days ago got $4 from another freeroll and with last $1.65 got it to $15, then $52 same night, next day to about $80 then to $120 and now $160 (but just lost some so around low $140's) I'll see if I can get it to $1k in a month, playing micro MTTs. Cashing in 8 handed 50k starting chips well for some reason:confused:.

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play them for fun. try out new strategies/ranges/etc... but if u take them too seriously they will def drive ya crazy :D

WestRuthlessUFC

WestRuthlessUFC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All we started in freerolls, maybe it's boring, but sometimes, if You catch serious luck, You can win all tournament and get some small cash or some ticket to another tournament.

rictor99

rictor99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there's much difference between the level of play in free rolls and the level in play in 10 cent, 50 cents, $2 tourneys. When people start paying $10, $20, $50 to enter a tourney, you see less trash playing, and you won't see everyone go in at the first table like happens in freerolls and cheap tourneys.

S

Senator30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m to cheap to make a deposit with my own money, so the plan is to win a little bit in free rolls to get into some of the 50/50 sit and go’s. it will likely take a while but I’m just playing for fun so I’m not in a rush.

F

face5674

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are good you just have to make it through the crazy all in in the beginning you do that and you will win more than you lose.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free-rolls, no disappointment, free experience..

Freebies are good to learn how to play tournaments, and how not to play tournaments.
If you are playing freebies to get rich, good luck with that return on the time it took to make any money( some freebies, it's 3 hours until you get ITM).
But freebies are a world of their own. Crazy all-ins, variance, nonsense play;because it's free.
Freebies are a way to learn how to play your stack when a lot of other players are all-ins a lot; learn to be selective.

Freeroll Passwords