Disappointed in poker because of freerolls?

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you have to understand the fact that if you don't do well in freerolls it doesn't make you a bad poker player. Many of us started playing the free of the rooms, to get a kind of bank and jump into the game with real money, but the truth is that this task is not easy at all and such is the complexity of these tournaments, that one of the great professionals of this passionate game launched the challenge of reaching $ 0 to $ 100 unicamentate playing freeroll and although it is true that I achieved it, it was not at all in the time that I had estimated, if I remember correctly it took more than 6 months to achieve it .

The definitive recommendation is patience, work, a lot of effort and study to improve your game.

Each level is different from the other and this includes the same freeroll, it is very different to play a free to a real tournament of the lower levels.

Happy day and good luck at the tables

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's right.
Poker is fun, is passion, is hobby, is exciting, but is not easy at all, and sometimes let you down and you always comeback for more. Demands perseverance and dedication for learning, if you're willing to be at least a reasonable player.
As the legend Mike Sexton said, poker takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master. That's very true.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently there are more and more players and also more places to learn to play well (if you are gifted of course), but it is true that it is not easy at all and I agree on the fact that you have to be really patient to get good results.
Good luck.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls are chaos, for some the goal is to make a bankroll,for others to push the chips for free...

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are great training for those crazy aggressive players you can meet in card-rooms everywhere. And they also teach you discipline.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The appeal of a free bankroll is strong, and thus many will be attracted to freerolls. The end result of this is that they are heavily subscribed and even small payouts take a great deal of time to achieve. Most people have better options to fund a bankroll than with freerolls.

They are also of limited use for learning poker - the exception to this are cardschat platinum freerolls which are high quality games.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think all poker players go through freerolls because this is where you go through all the stages of improving your game.

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frerolls is a good place for you to learn and enter a big tournament, when I played a Frerroll Pokerstar I won 1.90 with that balance playing 1 full day I had the final result of 100 dollars

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start my way with freerolls, I have money, but I chose this path consciously. :cool:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is clear that you should not be upset about losing in the Freeroll! But on the other hand if you can't play the weakest tournaments then this is a reason to think and start working seriously on your game!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One can learn from playing....period. Playing in freerolls, the general attitude may be "What the hell?", so players are overly aggressive. But you still get experience and, as mentioned above, learn discipline. Can you make some money? Absolutely. I have turned a small freeroll win into over $150 three different times...each time, my wife was not too happy that I was playing so much, so every time I hit $150, I would "go for broke"...I would up the stakes and said I would stop when I was broke, or hit $1000...I am sure you can guess the result...all three times I went broke, but I had a blast doing it...I did find the caliber of poker better at the higher stakes, but freerolls provided the opportunity to get there.
I even won a ticket worth 1000 Euros into the October 11 unibet Open tournament...I won it by playing freeroll step tourneys. In short, freerolls can be fun, frustrating and sometimes financially rewarding...keep playing.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free $$$ playing a game you love to play,,,,:wavey: Life is good.

E

EvoSlike

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Playing freerolls, we can see many loose players in the beginning of the tournament. As you progress thru the field, gameplay changes. At the latter part of the game, you can see either good players or very lucky players and not so many loose players :)
Freerolls can teach as to be observant of other people. We have to wait and see how they play and with what cards they play. To try to read them so we can beat them.
Freerolls teach us to be patient. To wait for the right cards at the right moment to make our move. Freerolls shows us that every two cards can beat Pocket Rockets. (I still wonder how anyone can be surprised about that fact?)
Freerolls teach us that we have to seat for a long time to reach our goal.
All those things to learn, playing for real money, would cost you dearly (and lot of people loose huge amount of money, playing poker learning those things...) and you get it for free in the freerolls.
So, freerolls are the playground where we can learn basics of the game and have fun without risking the real money. :) (And that's not bad thing at all :) :) :) )
Have fun :)

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't be disappointed in freerolls

freerolls are a way to understand poker in the first place you don't have to play freerolls forever. it doesn't matter if you don't get a suitable result in freerolls at the end you don't lose any money and you have more experience. think of it as a school of poker and try your best to boost your skills nevertheless you will gonna go higher and play some real money in the future

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Freerols are for fun and for learning. You can build a bankroll but you can't expect much from it. I am not disappointed, i love the freerolls for the raisons above.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I believe that freerolls are an ideal option for beginners. With freerolls, you can easily improve your skills without risking your own money. In addition, it is obvious that freerolls allow everyone to build a bankroll and this in turn contributes to the further growth and development of the player.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are awesome. You get a chance to sharpen your skills without breaking the bank.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any open freeroll can be absolute chaos, this is why the requirements for cardschat make this freeroll the best. not only for player base but for actual game play, still can be a bit iffy for the first 15 mins but is so good after

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's right.
Poker is fun, it is passion, it is a hobby, it is exciting, but it is not at all easy, and sometimes it leaves you hanging and you always come back for more. It requires perseverance and dedication to learn, if you are willing to be at least a reasonable player.
As legend Mike Sexton said, poker takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master. That's true.
your answers are incredible.

I think it is a great way to start, start with ferroolls, create a minimum bankroll and start learning in practice

$$$ free to play a game you love to play ... :wavey: Life is good.
and we still question. we have to be grateful

Last edited by a moderator:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Honestly, both in freerolls and other tournaments, I always follow the same strategy. My strategy is to be patient, disciplined and make good informed decisions based on my experience and skills. For me, a freeroll is just a good opportunity to increase my bankroll.
Good luck.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use freerolls as a way to practice things I have learned from study in an environment where I can't lose anything as its free to play

Also there is the possibility you might win something and increase your bankroll but as bad as some of the freerolls are they are still better than play money

Good luck out there

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls should be easier to treat, even if you spend many hours on the tournament

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Public freerolls, I think it should be noted, are an extremely different beast from private ones. Like, you will have a very different experience trying an on-demand freeroll in ACR than you will in the daily Cardschat event.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
free is definitely the most satisfying in life so I will never get disappointed in freeroll

the best things in life are freee

Freeroll Passwords