Disappointed in poker because of freerolls?

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only problem with freerolls is well, they're free, so there's nothing to lose.. this creates extremely high variance because you have players much more willing to just ship it in no matter what hands they have

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is fun and think that is very good to have such opportunity to play freerolls.

M

mycannon223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start my way with freerolls, I have money, but I chose this path consciously. :cool:
Always better to spend their money instead of our own :cool:

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never disagree with frerolls, it's a way to make a profit and it's free

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite thing about freerolls is that a min cash is an infinite return on investment, although it is true that it is probably not an efficient use of time for a competent player.

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play freerolls that are interesting for me....

I mean I have a certain relative small poker bankroll to play poker at cash tables, SNG or MTT.

These kind of freerolls i play seriously
1. freerolls with a small player field
2. freerolls with nice prices

Freerolls wih cash prices but with a lot of players I go all in ASAP and if I win this I start play seriously

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no

No, not at all, they are opportunities for all players, they are a good experience to start and then decide whether to load balance to play other tournaments

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, not at all, they are opportunities for all players, they are a good experience to start and then decide whether to load balance to play other tournaments

Freerolls are definitely a bit different than pay-in games. In freerolls, you see people smashing all in on the first hand because "why not?"

Typically in poker, aggression is a good thing, but when you're up against "calling stations," it can chip away at your stack early. :p

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When online poker first started,all sites had tons of free rolls,and it was fairly easy to build a bank roll.People took them serious,and tried to learn the game of poker,and still make money.Most of the USA sites dont have many at all now,and if they do there just a game of allin,and people not trying to master the game of poker.

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guess the good old days from good freerolls and great no deposit bonusses are over and I assume that they will not come back soon.
The hype of poker is also declining as there were a lot of pokershows on TV 5 to 10 years ago and the online poker bussiness was booming.
A lot of new sites started and most of them did not last that long... closed again or were taken over by others.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If there's anything playing freerolls will teach you it's variance and playing with maniacal players. But definitely a great place to learn the basics of the game and maybe pick up a little bit of money if you aren't ready to play the real money micro stakes just yet.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Freerolls are good school.To win a freeroll is more difficult than to win many of the money tournaments.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's because poker is a game of chance like any other game, where you win or lose.
When you win, happy in life, when you lose sad.

P

paulo349

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im honest,im happy that there exist freerolls.actually i try to build a roll with them.so keep fighting:)

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with freerolls is the large number of recreational players that you will find and that makes it a game of luck since you never know what they can get you with and it ends up boring you at a certain point, you know how many times I lost to AA against to an 83 off and things like that this disappointed me a lot

MalcogidoPlus

MalcogidoPlus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freeroll can be fun, but it's not very convenient for building a bakrooll.
And when it comes to learning, I don't think you can learn much by playing them, if you consider the way these tournaments are played, or do you play for real money in the same way?
Ultimately most of the time the game comes down to betting on the limit with any card, and waiting for the hand of God ..... and this is usually VERY disappointing for the game.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning!

Hello.
One of our fellow members posted information about playing multitabling micro success. I have long tried to build a bankroll from freerolls, but to no aval. I read more since multitabling is a good way to bui;d a bankroll....and must not leave out lose it too.

I decided to give a single-table micro, . 5 /10 cent micro for now.

I am not making a lot....yet. But, it seems as though it has a strong possibility for success. Playing tight works. There is no pot, just wager and the blinds never go up. By playing tight, you can aford to be patient and bet just the top 15%, if even that. You can come and go as you please!

The only freerolls that I have found that are worth my time and has value are the CardsChat freerolls. No reentry, no lengthy reg time, no add ons. That's the way I like it!

Dan'O

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you have to understand the fact that if you don't do well in freerolls it doesn't make you a bad poker player. Many of us started playing the free of the rooms, to get a kind of bank and jump into the game with real money, but the truth is that this task is not easy at all and such is the complexity of these tournaments, that one of the great professionals of this passionate game launched the challenge of reaching $ 0 to $ 100 unicamentate playing freeroll and although it is true that I achieved it, it was not at all in the time that I had estimated, if I remember correctly it took more than 6 months to achieve it .

The definitive recommendation is patience, work, a lot of effort and study to improve your game.

Each level is different from the other and this includes the same freeroll, it is very different to play a free to a real tournament of the lower levels.

Happy day and good luck at the tables
lol not to brag but your not the first and your not the last. I hit my first 100 starting with 0 in freerols within a month. Its not a compition but i thought id put my two cents in. congrats though on getting there.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you be upset about losing a freeroll tournament ? It did not cost you a cent to get into the game. You can have fun playing which I why I play in them. If you happen to win a few cents or even better a few bucks then that to me is a bonus. Now if i had put in a lot of my own money and then got put out of a tournament by somebody playing like an idiot then I would be upset.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that playing freerolls is just a pain. The level of understanding of the game is unlimited. :)

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only made money playing freerolls, i have never made a deposit in a poker platform

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to keep in mind that the fact that you do not have to pay anything to play in the freeroll has also consequences :

Recreational players that know (almost) nothing from poker and can t be bluffed.
Players that hop to hit on the flop with anything

If you are involved in pots with several players it s almost a lottery.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The freerolls are awesome, but you have to e very careful, as some users will e reckless and go all-in with J6 and hit a set on the river.

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The freerolls are awesome, but you have to e very careful, as some users will e reckless and go all-in with J6 and hit a set on the river.

If those players go all in with anything ... there s not much you can do then hope the flop,turn and river will follow the statistics.

If you play with AA vs J8 you are far ahead .... but if there comes a 9 10 and 7 on the flop ... you just have bad luck
Even if you have reraised preflop and he calld it ... you would not expect that he would have J8.

Once i ve lost AA vs AA (opponent hit a flush) .... that really s*cks but just remember that you played it correctly and go on.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like these freeroll tournaments, I think it's an easy, fun and risk-free way to start a bankroll in poker.

Freeroll Passwords