AK vs QQ?

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is one of the best hands in no-limit hold'em. Inferior to AK any pocket pair . But again, it is not much weaker than QQ, one of the most powerful hands in no limit hold'em. AK is important not to overestimate,

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a very strong hand, against any couple, but 45% chance that even mathematically obliged to call any hand. It can only throw it away, if you raised and you rearranged human 2-3. In any case, the hand has a large equity and throw it in the pass even after the 4-bet does not make sense.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask my friends! You can put your hand with AK against QQ, I will be grateful!

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since QQ has more chance to win(and they much nicer cards), :qh4: :qd4: :p

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I ask my friends! You can put your hand with AK against QQ, I will be grateful!

Would I get it in with AK if I knew the other player was allin with QQ?

I mean what exactly is the question here? Honestly there seems like there's just soooo much jargin & nonsensical stuff in this thread it's hard to sort through it.

There are MANY instances where I'd get the AK in... ie. how much dead money is already in the middle (this could make it a no-brainer to call it off).

Generally speaking though, the power of AK is when you're the one getting it in as opposed to calling it off. AND there are MANY times where it is 100% correct to reshove with it (whether it be a 3bai or 4bai). So many suggesting to call to see a flop... it's a drawing hand etc.,... this is generally nonsense (sorry).

Try looking for articles online with title 'THe power of AK"

Lucas Candido

Lucas Candido

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like AK much more, there will be many more possibilities, such as a sequel, pair, crack and fullhouse

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I mean what exactly is the question here? Honestly there seems like there's just soooo much jargin & nonsensical stuff in this thread it's hard to sort through it.

There are MANY instances where I'd get the AK in... ie. how much dead money is already in the middle (this could make it a no-brainer to call it off).

Generally speaking though, the power of AK is when you're the one getting it in as opposed to calling it off. AND there are MANY times where it is 100% correct to reshove with it (whether it be a 3bai or 4bai). So many suggesting to call to see a flop... it's a drawing hand etc.,... this is generally nonsense (sorry).

You did not understand me! For example, you play a hand in a tournament with AK or QQ VS QQ or AK, you can show it here! His hand in my theme! Thank you in advance!

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

for example: MTT on pokerstars Big with Bain-in 2.2

https://www.pokerstarter.online/rep...id=2&language=en&gameEntity=1&hash=C5A0FE9D98
https://www.pokerstarter.online/rep...id=2&language=en&gameEntity=1&hash=C1475B01E4

just let it be a struggle between the AK and QQ, or vice versa

L

lgugu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ

QQ have more way's to catch stronger combination i poker, it's my opinion.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
AK winning 10- 2 times.... But this hand my dead.... QQ win 10-6 times !!!! Q - pair my best hand ;)

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a really strong hand. You don't want to get it all in when you have a a lot of big blinds. But around 30 or less big blinds, its a nice hand. You are not always going to be against QQ or big pairs. A lot of times its against AQ, AJ.

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a really strong hand. You don't want to get it all in when you have a a lot of big blinds. But around 30 or less big blinds, its a nice hand. You are not always going to be against QQ or big pairs. A lot of times its against AQ, AJ.

Everything depends on quantity of counters in the opponent.)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are short stacked and the blinds are big you need to take a coin flip against one player and hope for a double up. It will probably be the best chance you have to stay viable in the tourney, to shove with AK. You got to take a shot rather than get blinded away.

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing AK agressively but most of the time you are facing pocket pairs when shoving

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dear friends and played hands where AK vs QQ? Surely no one will show the example?

phazeds

phazeds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its usually going in.

I think it could be situational

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why to rush if you have good cards? Wait to see what will happen and then decide if it i worth to play with these cards. If I have AK I would just call and see the flop. Then I would decide If I will go all or not.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in the tournament I'm playing with AK 3 bet get allin, and of course his calls, because the hand of AK 5beta push an opponent shows his hand QQ! Do I play?
Who will say what is right, someone that is not? so who is right? I decided to go deeper, and so get started!
the chances are 45% I 55% against the enemy, that means that about 100 hands AK against QQ I will win 45 times out of 100 and lose 55 times! Wow, I said it is not profitable! in the long run I concede! not to mention the case!
So how to play correctly? if I lose in the long run? after much thought and views of different clips, I came to the conclusion that if you know what you're up against a pair that will play such values, whether you hand is suited? Is an aggressive player? what the speaker on the table? and what happens if I play in different versions?
and the answer is obvious! Play Of course not! Only question is how? depending on the situation, such as an aggressive player you in the position play made the call!
Look at the flop and on the flop if you improve to a pair, do not be afraid of a chance to improve 32%, and if you get something suited AK flush draw 11%. so sturuktura flop to give two cards of the same suit are 55%, improve the likelihood QQ set to 12% of the opening, and to be an overpair on the flop 60%! Based on these probabilities it turns out that you need to play AK despite what your opponent or how many of them? there probably will help you intuition! so when you're playing against the major players beware! But what conclusions in the end, I lost!do you ???
I'm curious how you think you are?

Yep you have blockers to AA, KK and AK, making it about 50% less likely your opponent can have these hands, this makes it reasonable your opponent could have something like . If your opponent is 3 betting a wider range of hands and you have some fold equity I don't mind the 4b shove. If you have a HUD look at his 3 bet%, is it 1% or 8%, what you did is fine against one type of opponent and terrible against the other.

J

joshtheking1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is always worth a call to see the flop atleast good cards most of the time they are on top but wouldnt fold preflop

Claude Chiasson

Claude Chiasson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time i'm going to check - call with QQ to see the flop or i'm going all in before flop if i'm the last to talk. with the AK i'm going to check-call but not more.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on how you play them
and from that comes the flop
:smile:

prox

prox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No wonder they call AK 'Big Slick'. I do not put ALL in with this hand, because it almost always loses to pocket pairs even small ones. :)

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a good hand when you are desperate - then, ofcourse its hard to get better odds and you should go all-in without much thinking. However, if your stack is good, that might not always be the case, like all-in against other largestack - might obstain from such move.