AK vs QQ?

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played against many of these hands and have AK and villain have QQ, some of these times came out victorious and in others and failed

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have won more with AK than with QQ, now JJ gave up playing I never won one.

H

Hideo_gd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on my stack. I do not want to compromise my tournament on a flip

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in most cases of AK will be stronger than QQ as the probability that the hand will fall out And or falls is higher than the third Q

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a speculative hand. Any pair can end this hand. I prefer to play QQ with some care because you can also have an AA or KK on the table.

zviko

zviko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hardly go all in with AK unless im pretty certain my opponenet calls or raises with fairly weaker,marginal hands. Get a read on your opponent, if not sure just tread carefully. online poker dynamics are very different than in person. In person i might but online hardly, because of the computer algorithm randomness. Online ive seen AK beat alot more by low pairs by novices more than i ever seen. At the end of the day, you really want to flop or turn to river a straight, 2 pairs or flush hopefully, in the scenario you have a suited sand. AK?? Be CAREFUL!!

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting i like calling wit pocket q or 56suited then again it would be on luck if you hit your A K on the flop or river

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't go all-in with AK pre-flop. I play the hand aggressively, to either induce a fold or create a big pot for when I do hit the board. If I hit the flop, then I will start pushing harder. If I miss the flop, I will still c-bet but fold to a raise. If the board is wet or my opponent seems to like their hand a lot, while I still have nothing on the turn, then I will check-fold.

Not saying that it is the best strategy, but AK is only A-high if you miss the board and can even be beaten by a pair of deuces.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A-K is such an over-valued and over-rated hand... i try to stay away from all ins with it.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In this situation, there are so many factors that need to be taken into account.

In this situation, there are so many factors that need to be taken into account. You should evaluate the situation, and pay attention to:
1. At what stage is the tournament.
2. How many people remain before the prize places, if you are not yet in prizes.
3. How much you have a deep stack, compared to the stacks of other players and blinds.
4. In what position are you at the table.
5. Are you lucky today or is not luck today with you.
In general, I would advise with AK to do 3 bet and look at the actions of other players. If someone re-raises, you need to think whether your opponent has an older pair or vice versa, he is younger than you. If the opponent is tight, then it's better to fold, and if aggressive then you can call.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the way the pokerstar ta I already took badd of pair of 22 to AA picture of pair of QQ

M

mstefanos666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on many factors.. Your stack, your position, the opponents stack, the opponents strategy and even your feeling at the time... For me generaly it's not a bad move to go all-in with A-K if you consider that many players will go all-in with A-Q or A-J, you can still lose but when you go all-in it's always a risk.