AK vs QQ?

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4way preflop allin...QQ is beter than AK :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_27.jpg
    Screenshot_27.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 44
L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this is a hard case when the AK against QQ JJ 1010, then everything is very difficult and the chance is about 50-50 (very conditional), I look at the aponent if he plays a lot of hands then put it, if it's not enough to throw it out and one more moment If I'm on a big blind then I'll ring ALL IN as I've paid and my bank's chances are 50-50, which is normal, and let luck decide everything by itself.

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said it's not profitable because your chances are 45/55, but depending on how the betting played out you were probably getting plenty of pot odds to make the all-in call, even if you were playing with the cards face up.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK i would prefer for one simple reason. It seems to me that an ace comes up more often than any other card on every online poker site i have played at.

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are allowed by a stack, then it is the best of all to look at FLOP! That the bobeda wasn't solved by a coin 50-50!

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you do not really know which card will be on flop
so it all depends on luck

sSAINTSs

sSAINTSs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in the tournament I'm playing with AK 3 bet get all in, and of course his calls, because the hand of AK 5beta pushes an opponent shows his hand QQ! Do I play?
Who will say what is right, someone that is not? so who is right? I decided to go deeper, and so get started!
the chances are 45% I 55% against the enemy, that means that about 100 hands AK against QQ I will win 45 times out of 100 and lose 55 times! Wow, I said it is not profitable! in the long run, I concede! not to mention the case!
So how to play correctly? if I lose in the long run? after much thought and views of different clips, I came to the conclusion that if you know what you're up against a pair that will play such values, whether you hand is suited? Is an aggressive player? what the speaker on the table? and what happens if I play in different versions?
and the answer is obvious! Play Of course not! The only question is how? depending on the situation, such as an aggressive player you in the position play made the call!
Look at the flop and on the flop, if you improve to a pair, do not be afraid of a chance to improve 32%, and if you get something suited AK flush draw 11%. so structural flop to give two cards of the same suit are 55%, improve the likelihood QQ set to 12% of the opening, and to be an overpair on the flop 60%! Based on these probabilities it turns out that you need to play AK despite what your opponent or how many of them? there probably will help your intuition! so when you're playing against the major players beware! But what conclusions, in the end, I lost!do you ???
I'm curious how you think you are?

I will take QQ all day.

sSAINTSs

sSAINTSs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK I would prefer for one simple reason. It seems to me that an ace comes up more often than any other card on every online poker site I have played at.

I have noticed that too.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No wonder they call AK 'Big Slick'. I do not put ALL in with this hand, because it almost always loses to pocket pairs even small ones. :)
1. That's not why it's called 'big slick'.

2. Like a lot of other hands, there are situations where getting it in with AK is the better option. It really depends.

3. It does not almost always lose to pocket pairs. In fact, against most pairs, 22-QQ, it's a virtual coinflip situation. Vs KK, it has 20% equity and is only a huge underdog to AA.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments with A-K you need to consider the size of the stack. If stack less than 20 BB push . If you have a stack of 80 -100 BB push is not relevant, because any pair is ahead of you advantage.
Any two low cards will have at least 35% equity in front of your A-K.

All-in with A-K is good in the middle and later stages, when stacks are shorter, in the early stages was a bad idea. I prefer to call a 3-bet and see the flop, then push if an ACE or a king caught.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My AK has been crushed by QQ lately and I think I crushed AK with QQ. Fun times!

J

Jacoval2010

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This clash between these two hands AK vs QQ is sometimes very constant but we always have to keep in mind that the chances of winning the hand are for AK while the QQ are very strong because the game is already done ... in this game Probability will always count.

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a hand to go All in postflop I would only go all in preflop if I have well studied the opponent and I know that he plays many hands

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a hand to go All in postflop I would only go all in preflop if I have well studied the opponent and I know that he plays many hands
on a A high board how could the player holding QQ possibly call?

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in with JJ, QQ, AK, kk, AA, we have risk anyway))))!!

A

alex trinh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've lost QQ plenty of times to way worse hands

Mister Isaev

Mister Isaev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK vs QQ

Hello Everyone! I think mostly is more chances with QQ. With this hand just always raise on, from start. Or?:rolleyes:

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
usually when this happens to me I came with AK and the opponent came QQ I think 90% of the time that happened I took the pot more and rare also happen this

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
30bb and under I am happy to go allin with AK, there is no way I am folding it. At later positions like button or cut off, I will gladly go allin even with 40-50bb. If effective stacks are bigger, then I will play more carefully, but by default, it is always three-bet. Sometimes I just call it if super nit raises from UTG, but otherwise it is 3-bet, and then you look what opponent is doing.

F

Fernando2904

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better a good evaluation of all situation. Type of game, your chips, your opponent behaviour.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful never gives up on the big slick AK in any position

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK, I find it very difficult to play with this hand. Because in the pre-flop is an extremely strong hand, but when you turn the flop on the table you can with a spade in your hands, difficult to be wide!

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
typycal flip if you are the big stack is better the Ak if not QQ's wins :D