AK vs QQ?

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest, stack size determines everything.
Shoving 100 BB with A/K is never a good idea. I wouldnt call for all my chips their either.

I try and find spots where im 70/30 plus, or "sense" that im way ahead during a hand. Dont remove your skill from the equation, unless your short stacked.

I also would outright fold it on the bubble if I was in early position, particularly if I was not short.

AK is a hand велью! It is necessary to play her, playing (from a stack)! And didn't leave me the choice except how to play cooler!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I have pos bubble utg with 15 to 20 BB with QQ and Cutoff and Bhutan give all in I paid or I fold in that situation ?

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like Daniel Negreanu once said, "AK-is not good hand".
Too much players overestimate this hand, actually!

G

gosunoob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way I have ever played AK all-in pre flop is against a player with a wide range.

I do not make a habit of flipping a coin for my stack, or my tournament life. I consider myself a much better player than that.

The kind of players that will play AK pre-flop all-in, would be better served finding a nice comfy seat at roulette, and betting odd/even or red/black.

I look for better spots than that to get it all-in pre flop.

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it is true that the analysis of the hands together with the position and odds calculation of a notion that making the hand throw all the parking lot is exposed to luck things that is fundamental in poker
Ie I would have done the same where your mistake is in the all in that is where you will depend on luck if the possibility of analyzing your opponent

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all my friends! I thank you for your support! I invite you to discuss and my other articles! If you accept my invitation, it will be an honor for me!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can also said for all pocket pairs below QQ. It turns out that the chances to win with a pocket pair more than AK. Then it is better to not play cards with AK Allin if you have a short stack against an opponent with a pocket pair.

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK suit is calling all but don't do a 4 bet or higher

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the percentage who have we read in te forum will not always 100% true. the luck factor will more help us.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I now My friend said article about G-baks! Just a good idea to get acquainted with it, to those who like to play coinflip! Welcome!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
We talk about tournaments , but I would do the same on a cash game as well . On a tour , I wouldn't shove AK when deep stacked , only if the effective stack was small and my stack big enough (now two , three players doesn't matter to me ) , or when I would need urgently blinds/chips to continue to the tour . I all other cases I would raise and play it with cbets , dependingly on the flop etc . I prefer shoving or calling all ins with pairs to drawing hands .

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally dont play this hand very agressive since I had some bad experiences with it. However it's kinda impossible to fold it to a 3-bet only. On the other hand, this one is such a monster on value betting.

M

MikeRuiger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So in the tournament I'm playing with AK 3 bet get allin, and of course his calls, because the hand of AK 5beta push an opponent shows his hand QQ! Do I play?
Who will say what is right, someone that is not? so who is right? I decided to go deeper, and so get started!
the chances are 45% I 55% against the enemy, that means that about 100 hands AK against QQ I will win 45 times out of 100 and lose 55 times! Wow, I said it is not profitable! in the long run I concede! not to mention the case!
So how to play correctly? if I lose in the long run? after much thought and views of different clips, I came to the conclusion that if you know what you're up against a pair that will play such values, whether you hand is suited? Is an aggressive player? what the speaker on the table? and what happens if I play in different versions?
and the answer is obvious! Play Of course not! Only question is how? depending on the situation, such as an aggressive player you in the position play made the call!
Look at the flop and on the flop if you improve to a pair, do not be afraid of a chance to improve 32%, and if you get something suited AK flush draw 11%. so sturuktura flop to give two cards of the same suit are 55%, improve the likelihood QQ set to 12% of the opening, and to be an overpair on the flop 60%! Based on these probabilities it turns out that you need to play AK despite what your opponent or how many of them? there probably will help you intuition! so when you're playing against the major players beware! But what conclusions in the end, I lost!do you ???
I'm curious how you think you are?

Never get hung up on one hand! A bad beat is just that, forget about it clear your mind and move on!

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never get hung up on one hand! A bad beat is just that, forget about it clear your mind and move on!

My friend! You give very good advice! Please accept an invitation to discussion and my other articles! It will be an honor for me!

Rounder_740

Rounder_740

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't overplay hands preflop. Outplay your opponents after you have seen a flop. In most cases weaker players gamble all in preflop as they get outplayed consistently after cards hit the table. Just call and limit size of pot until flop and trust your skills

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is very strong hand but must to improve with community cards and vs QQ it is preflop favourite
by my opinion in cash games you have to fold and in tourney you may call

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone to 5-bet it pulls in the tournament?

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend of mine! After heated debate and a constant feeling of dissatisfaction! Aroused finally calm! I found the answer to your question! Very often the person closes his eyes and says he was lucky! But I do not believe it! And then came the day when I will share with you the decision! I agree nekazhdy agree with me! Well, I continue my way and I will not deviate from it! But the hope that it will help you remain in me!I really do not believe in luck, and luck it is not present! There our erroneous thinking!

So what better AK or QQ? The question that plagues not only me but also for you!
In mathematics I said about%! Here we will focus on the stability of equity and sustainability!
In the hands of AK greater stability so although% is not higher than the QQ, AK will be more on the line. For example, when two armies are facing all this is of interest! Who will win?
One army (QQ) greater number, while another army (AK) took part in the war more than the army (QQ) and more experienced!
Always in life as in poker faces against the interests of the number of experience! And I believe that the experience is more important than quantity! Although sometimes it is a different, and for that I love poker! Thank you my friends, and good luck at the tables!

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK

I think in preflop doesn't matter what cards you have AK or 8 3, because the possibility that in flop can be 8 or K is 50 percent.

D

Dajamo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tough one, because you're basically flipping if you do call.
I almost always call with AK. Especially early tournament.
If you have them covered by a good chunk of chips, call every time in my opnion.

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ

I like QQ shoved over a AK but Id like an AK call over a QQ call Depends what position your in as well.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on blind level, chip stack.. Just remember AK is still live vs QQ not the worst position to be in

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but the hand AK is a very strong arm, hand Velho!

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your stack is huge, or vice versa is very small + high blinds or antes, then of course all-inn. But in the long term, I would not jump with AK to give your entire stack against QQ.