Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most hands have a 3/1 chance of winning against a random hand, so with pot odds of nearly 6/1 I thought it was worth a call.

No idea who first floated the 3/1 rule but it's been frequently misapplied ever since.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the whole callling because of odds and f I was getting like 10/1 odds and everyone was 100blinds deep - I'd call because it would be profitable multi-way and we would be risking far far less for a much bigger gain with implied odds. Here we are wanting to risk a massive 1/4 of our stack jsut to see a flop with a terrible hand. There are no hands at this stack depth imo we can profitably see flops with.

Stack sizes are so small and we're so short there are no hands other than maybe AA we can flat and even that's never going to be great either, I'd just shove that btw.

I'd literally be shove/folding on a readless table at 6 blinds deep facing a CO min raise, I'd probs be just jamming in 66+ A,T/J+ but these ranges can be changed depending on villians in equation and their image.
cheers ram for the info

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call. Let x equal the number of cards that will pair our hand which in this case is 6 and we're investing a little less than 1/x our stack to hit here so the formula would be x² + ny/3 where n is the number of players to the flop and oh **** it I can't even bring myself to type this lol. y is y am I still awake at this hour.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, for the doubters that this is a call given pot odds.

Here is the same game with stacksizes/blind levels etc...

Here is the game WITH antes (not even sure if there was antes involved) but it gives you even more justification in calling however as you can see..even with antes involved; this is a snap fold even with the odds;

We literally can only shove 66+/A,Jos+/ATs+ profitably.

Withantes

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ram where did you get that graphic from? looks cool

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've invested way too much time in this thread, I'll just pm ramdeebam next time and let him deal with it.

/butthurt

Last edited:
OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can post the formula and math wise it may be right (don't play sngs/MTTs), but long term this can't be a good call.

+ leaking chips when we need as many BBs as we can hold onto as the SS seems counter-intuitive to me.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wil go look. link please for sng wiz?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is absurd. It's obviously a fold. The fact you won the hand means nothing. There is also no need to throw around insults because someone is letting you know your play was wrong.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah its gone on a bit. but its been good. i still defend a call. and thats not being results orientated

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah its gone on a bit. but its been good. i still defend a call. and thats not being results orientated

Good man. Nobody backs down on a forum unless they're a tool, so stick to it like a dog with an old bone, it's the proper thing to do :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't need any math or program to advise on this hand - it is such an easy fold it is sad that anyone would think otherwise.

Against 2 other players it is just a horrible call - and with your stack size any call at all is horrible anyway. You can only fold or shove with that chip stack.

Contemplating calling the flop just makes me even sadder. If you made the huge mistake of calling pre-flop you definitely have to shove any 2 cards on the flop - or put your tail between your legs and fold this time. Seeing someone call pre-flop with your stack and then flat calling that flop is just amazingly exciting at my poker tables - almost orgasmic. :p

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh - I also cleaned up the offensive post in this thread and the posts that quoted it. Better not see anything else like that in here - or anywhere else for that matter.

dadsrus

dadsrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't need any math or program to advise on this hand - it is such an easy fold it is sad that anyone would think otherwise.

Against 2 other players it is just a horrible call - and with your stack size any call at all is horrible anyway. You can only fold or shove with that chip stack.

Contemplating calling the flop just makes me even sadder. If you made the huge mistake of calling pre-flop you definitely have to shove any 2 cards on the flop - or put your tail between your legs and fold this time. Seeing someone call pre-flop with your stack and then flat calling that flop is just amazingly exciting at my poker tables - almost orgasmic. :p
very much in agreement you said it well. I do have a question is this a "fish " situatiion or calculated moves

Status
Not open for further replies.