Not open for further replies.
C

Caesura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I would like to know what you would do in this spot. (Sorry about the format, have changed computer and can't find hand history folder.)

5 players remain

blinds are 100/200 with about 1 min left before going up.
The same five players have contested the last 50hands with chip leader moving around, players seem pretty equal

player 1 tc 2342 fold
player 2 tc 2865 raise to 400
button 1962 call 400
sb 4670 fold
HERO bb 1361 ???/

pot = 1100 (including blinds)

HERO holds 58 off with 1361 chips remaining and is being asked to call 200 chips to make a pot of 1300

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap fold. Too short to bleed chips like this.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
58o is an auto-fold in any position with any stack size.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely fold. I dont agree with auto-fold in any position with any stack size to any bet size but in this case i agree with, Lucothefish, "Too short to bleed chips like that".

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I would like to know what you would do in this spot. (Sorry about the format, have changed computer and can't find hand history folder.)

5 players
blinds are 100/200 with about 1 min left before going up.
The same five players have contested the last 50hands with chip leader moving around, players seem pretty equal

player 1 tc 2342 fold
player 2 tc 2865 raise to 400
button 1962 call 400
sb 4670 fold
HERO bb 1361 ???/

pot = 1100 (including blinds)

HERO holds 58 off with 1361 chips remaining and is being asked to call 200 chips to make a pot of 1300
FOLD I wouldnt think twice about it unless i wanted to go to bed or something like that

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call. you're getting 5 and a half to 1 on your hand. snap-call

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely fold. I dont agree with auto-fold in any position with any stack size to any bet size but in this case i agree with, Lucothefish, "Too short to bleed chips like that".
Dude. 58o is a horrible hand. It's like a bottom 20% hand or something, it's awful. I would refuse to play it even in heads-up.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 11/2 pot odds? I play that hand every day

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play speculative hands when you're 7bb deep. You're knocking 200 chips off your next double up.

C

Caesura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is it.

5 1/2 to 1

58off has a 3 to 1 chance against a random hand, I called.

flop

J 9 7 rainbow

button raises all in

pot = 2600

HERO 1161

Call or fold?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
close but i fold

dadsrus

dadsrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play speculative hands when you're 7bb deep. You're knocking 200 chips off your next double up.
i have to agree with this. if ya going to call shove its a crap hand folding is best opition if ya play the hand to see the flop u have wasted chips

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how the f**k do you know whether im trolling or not. i stick by my action, i play this hand for odss of 11/2

dadsrus

dadsrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how the f**k do you know whether im trolling or not. i stick by my action, i play this hand for odss of 11/2
dont know if u will trollin or not but doesnt there have to be a little more to it ? seems like a gamble rather then a solid play

C

Caesura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And the flop?

J 9 7 rainbow

button raises all in

pot = 2600

HERO 1161

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the flop?

J 9 7 rainbow

button raises all in

pot = 2600

HERO 1161

You should have shoved, you were first to act on the flop.

As played, whether you call or not depends on the table. If it's generally tight and you have a good chance of stealing within the next few hands to keep yourself afloat then you should fold. If the table is loose (and especially if you think CO will overcall here) then you should call.

Note if this was a two tone flop you should fold as played, regardless of table dynamics.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 11/2 pot odds? I play that hand every day

play that 58o

indiff2-1.gif

First: No hand has 11/2 odds against a single random hand -- no hand does. The hand with the shittiest heads-up odds is 32o, with 3.44-1 odds. 58o, conversely, has 2.5-1 odds heads up.

Second: For a hand to have +EV, it must have greater odds of winning than the amount of money in the pot. If you are playing against a SINGLE opponent, then this amount is equal to the amount you're calling for. For a call to make sense, you must have better than 2-1 odds. So if 58o did have 5.5-1 odds you'd be doing yourself no favours by playing it. If the amount of opponents you're facing is greater than 1, conversely, your pot odds go down proportionally. If you're facing two opponents, 58o has 4-1 odds, which is less than the required 3-1 for a hand to have +EV. Versus five opponents your odds go down to 9-1, and you need 5-1 odds to call.

So basically, 58o has a horribly negative EV anywhere you play it. ANd you know why that is? because it is a shit hand. So, you are either trolling or you don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This ^
You're getting tremendous odds in the pot so you must call.
It's a snap call all day.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
indiff2-1.gif

First: No hand has 11/2 odds against a single random hand -- no hand does. The hand with the shittiest heads-up odds is 32o, with 3.44-1 odds. 58o, conversely, has 2.5-1 odds heads up.

Second: For a hand to have +EV, it must have greater odds of winning than the amount of money in the pot. If you are playing against a SINGLE opponent, then this amount is equal to the amount you're calling for. For a call to make sense, you must have better than 2-1 odds. So if 58o did have 5.5-1 odds you'd be doing yourself no favours by playing it. If the amount of opponents you're facing is greater than 1, conversely, your pot odds go down proportionally. If you're facing two opponents, 58o has 4-1 odds, which is less than the required 3-1 for a hand to have +EV. Versus five opponents your odds go down to 9-1, and you need 5-1 odds to call.

So basically, 58o has a horribly negative EV anywhere you play it. ANd you know why that is? because it is a shit hand. So, you are either trolling or you don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about.
This is obviously a chance to see a cheap flop. The pot is right for a call here laying 5.5 to 1 and you are last to act with no action behind guaranteed. At this point you obviously need chips so why not start by investing less than 1/6th of your chips into a pot that represents your whole stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.