johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Finally, something of interest in the Baseball world. Washington signed several
young pitchers to contracts of a few thousand each, and signed a young Cuban, Cristhian Vaguero,.
a center fielder, to a contract with a bonus of 5 million dollars. Wow, he must be good.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
MLB has told the players union that if an agreement is not reached by February 28th
that the start of the regular season will be delayed. Spring training will not start before March 5th.

Go Nat's :):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Finally. we are going to have baseball. The first game will be April 7th I believe,
and the games that were missed will be made up during the year. A full slate of 162
games will be played. More to follow.

Go Nats!:angel::angel::angel:

C

coolbrees 9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes def nice to have baseball back!! i would have been ok with 140-150 gm season, but yea they r going to have a bunch of doubleheaders to make up games, which is brutal on the players. GO ASTROS!!!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yes def nice to have baseball back!! i would have been ok with 140-150 gm season, but yea they r going to have a bunch of doubleheaders to make up games, which is brutal on the players. GO ASTROS!!!

I'll take the Nats and Astros again in the world series please. Probably not but I can wish.
Stephen Strasburg is still on rehab from his shoulder surgery. Cannot pitch in a live game yet. Patrick Corbin is slated to pitch on opening day.

Go Nats! :angel::angel::angel:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yesterday, Washington signed Juan Soto and Josh Bell to one-year deals in arbitration negotiations. Soto gets 17 million and Bell 10 million for one year contracts. Damn, that's a lot of money. Next, we need to sign Victor Robles.

Go Nats!

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will they allow Nelson Cruz to use a little scooter to get down to first base since those 41+ year old legs might not be able to get him there? :)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Will they allow Nelson Cruz to use a little scooter to get down to first base since those 41+ year old legs might not be able to get him there? :)
They might, lets hope he hits a lot of extra base so he can take his time. Today is opening day
YAY. The game was moved to tonight because it's raining here Are you a fan?

Go Nats! :):):).

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, we are one game out of first place. The Nationals lost 5-1 last night to the Mets on a cold damp night. My son was there all bundled up. Patrick Corbin was the Nat's starting pitcher. The Nat's only run was on a Juan Soto homerun. Josiah Gray will be on the mound.
Lets hope we can get to 1-1.

Go Nat's :):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Finally,
Washington broke the ice today. After losing 3 in a row to the New York Mets we won the 4th game 4-2 today. The pitching held up, bullpen was great, and the defense continues to perform well. On to the world champions, Atlanta. At least the weather will be better.

Go Nats! :):):)

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The nationals lol omg your clearly a fan so I'll refrain from talking smack..... I'm a Jay's fan so I can talk crap hahaha, however if you believe the hype the Jay's are a favorite this year. I don't subscribe to this theory, I believe they'll make the playoff but they need a few more years and some pitching before the reach the second highest odds to win the world series

Wow, the Nats behind Gio Gonzalez, beat the Mets again. Terrible conditions, 42 degrees
and maybe colder later, howling wind and rain going sideways in the late innings. One
more game tonight, can the Nats make it 3 in a row? Hope so. The Nationals go to the west coast for 9 games at LA, San Fran and then Arizona. I'm sure that they are looking forward to warmer weather. I won't see much because I am on the east coast and the games are late, way to late finishing for me!

Go Nats!

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally,
Washington broke the ice today. After losing 3 in a row to the New York Mets we won the 4th game 4-2 today. The pitching held up, bullpen was great, and the defense continues to perform well. On to the world champions, Atlanta. At least the weather will be better.

Go Nats! :):):)

Only saw parts of it but the Mets should have won that game but its the Mets so I was expecting them to find a way NOT to close out a cold Nats team for a sweep.

That first baseman for the Mets did two stupid plays in a row and the Mets lost and the Mets bull pen was mediocre at best.

I saw that left handed Mets reliever throw slop up there making hitters fish for his nonsense and against a decent team is going to get rocked.

And the Mets were lucky that ump was giving Carasco so many calls. It was a good game to about when they pulled the Mets starter. Then it went like the typical Mets season. . downhill. :D

Nats are going to face Ynoa that has an era over 4 so if they can't score on Monday then its probably going to be a long season.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The nationals lol omg your clearly a fan so I'll refrain from talking smack..... I'm a Jay's fan so I can talk crap hahaha, however if you believe the hype the Jay's are a favorite this year. I don't subscribe to this theory, I believe they'll make the playoff but they need a few more years and some pitching before the reach the second highest odds to win the world series
Washington will be rebuilding for a few years, After the fire sale last year, there are going to
be some lean years before things get better,. I'll take any bright spot I can get. Good luck
to the Jays.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In Atlanta, the Nat's managed to beat the Braves 2 out of 3 games. Great way to start out with the World Series champs. Really lopsided first 2 games. Nat's won by 10 runs, then the Braves won by over 10 runs. The last game, the Nat's won 3-1. Normal type score. Now the Nationals are in Pittsburg for 4 games.

Go Nat's :joyman::joyman::joyman:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tough series in Pittsburgh. The Nationals only managed to win only 1 of the 4 games. If things had gone a little better, we would have won 3 of 4 instead. The very cool weather in Pittsburgh did not help. We do not play well in cold weather. Now Washington is going to Arizona to play the Diamondbacks for 4 games.
Josiah Gray is pitching tonight.

Go Nats! :joyman::joyman::joyman:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Boy did I get the upcoming series wrong. I thought that Washington was going to Arizona and some warm weather. NOT. Arizona is coming here to Washington. Tonight's game is cancelled because of rain lol, its only 42 degrees now and getting colder. Not great baseball weather. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Go Nat's :angel::angel::angel:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, this should have gone better, The National's opened with a double header sweep over Arizona. Hey, we are up 2-0 in a 4-game set. He managed to get blown out in the third game 11-2. Today, close game. Washington was down 4-2 in the eighth inning. Bases loaded. We only got one run , so we were behind 4-3. Ninth inning still 4-3. 2 outs, based loaded again. Soto popped up in the infield and we lost. Series ended 2 games to 2. Dang. Starting tomorrow 3 games with the San Francisco Giants. Hope we can get at least 2 .

Go Nats! :joyman::joyman::joyman:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lost all of the 3 games with the San Francisco giants. That makes 5 in a row now.
We lost the last 2 to Arizona and now 3 to the Giants. Yesterday was an off day and tonight we start a 3-game set with the Miami Marlins. Gray is pitching for the Nationals.

Go Nats! :smile::smile::smile:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
And the hits keep on coming! Washington managed to lose all 3 to the Miami Marlins. The hits are for the other guys, not the Nat's sadly. That makes 8 games lost in a row. Bad start this year. Now we go to San Francisco for 3 games with the Giants.
Hopefully we can break the losing streak.

Go Nats:angel::angel::angel:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yesterday Washington beat San Franisco 11-5 to cap a 2 out of 3 series by the bay.
Josiah Gray was the winning pitcher and he sure got a lot run support. Today is an off day, then Washington travels to Colorado for a 3 game set with the Rockies.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Rockies beat the Nat's 2 out of 3 games in Colorado. Nice weather for baseball and a whole lot of runs scored but the Rockies came out on top for the series. This is a long road trip for Washington. We are going to Los Angelos now for 3
games with the Angels. We get to see Anthony Rendon, a favorite former National.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ouch. We split the first two games with the LA Angles. Everything was going great,
Washington was up 4-2 in the ninth inning of the final game. Anthony Rendon,
ex-National had the winning hit for LA and walked off the Nat's 5-4 That one stung. Off
tomorrow, then 3 games at home against the Mets.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Same old story again. We just finished 3 games with the Mets. The game that just ended was the getaway game again, with the series tied 1-1. Again, we lost, 4-1 with the only bright spot a 2 for 4 day with a home-run for Juan Soto. Now the Houston Astros come in for 3 games. Washington is really struggling with 2 starting pitchers out of the rotation for now. We really need Joe Ross and Stephen Strasburg back in the mix.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dang, we lost 2 out of 3 to the Houston Astros. Lost the first game, halted the Asrtos 10 or 11 game win streak in the second game, The Nat's scored 13 runs! Shame that you can't bank some runs. We lost today 8-0. Now we go to Miami for a 3-game series.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The three-game series in Miami is over and Washington just managed to win one game, the last game 5-4. This was a 10-inning game, I think it was Washington's first extra inning game this year. Yes, we got a win. Now we have an off day, then on to Milwaukee for a 3-game series. Maybe we can win 2 games?