johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well. we lost a rain delayed game yesterday to the Phillies 7-5. That completed a three game sweep for Philadelphia. One bright spot is the shortstop play of Abrams and the bat of Meneses, Two new guys to the Wahsington lineup that are having a big impact.
Off today then 2 games with Baltimore.

Go Nats!:):):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Baltimore won both games in the short series with Washington. We just couldnt quite put it together for a win. Baltimore needed the wins to stay in the running for a wildcard slot. I hope they get in the playoffs. Miami is coming to town for 3 games now.

Go Nats!:):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Washington Nationals lost today to make it 2 out of 3 to the Miami Marlins and the Washington Commanders lost also to the Detroit Lions. Tough Sunday in Washington. Now we go to Atlanta to play 3 games with the World Series Champs.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We won last night 6-1 over the Miami Dolphins to finish the 3 game series, Miami won the first two games Pitching was awesome for a change, why can't we do that all of the time? Not we get a chance to come home, get some home cooking, and win a few games I hope. Atlanta for 3 games.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Once again the Nationals managed to win the last game of a three game series. We lost the first 2 games to Atlanta but managed to win the last game 3-2 in 10 innings. C. J. Abrams had his first ever walk off hit to drive in a run for the win. Good for him, he got the required
Gatorade bath. Off today, then the Phillies come to town for 3 games.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The season is over, now, we are in the playoffs. Eight teams left now. One of them will be World Series champs. The favorites are Atlanta,
New York, Houston and Los Angeles. four games today, we will see how it goes. Remember, in 2019, the Washington Nationals were a
wildcard, and won it all. Anything can happen.

Be Well

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, 2 of the 4 favorites are out of the world series playoffs, The Braves and the Dodgers lost to the Phillies and and the Padres.
They advance with the Astros and the Yankees, who beat the Mariners and the Guardians. Down to 4 teams now and they play a seven game series if needed to get to the final world series matchup.

Be Well

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The results of the final were a little unexpected for me.
The Phillies' home series was especially surprising.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The results of the final were a little unexpected for me.
The Phillies' home series was especially surprising.
Wow, I have not been able to get to this thread for 2 weeks, World series is over. Astros won it all. I wanted the Guardians or Padres .Nice hearing from you again Gallora.
Be well
John

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will post draft, trade, and other interesting Washington Nationals information during the off season when available.

Be Well
John:):):)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I have not been able to get to this thread for 2 weeks, World series is over. Astros won it all. I wanted the Guardians or Padres .Nice hearing from you again Gallora.
Be well
John
Despite everything, the series was interesting and not predictable. I was confident that the Phillies would win even after losing games without hits.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Baseball news? Wait,it's December! Yes, finally some news. The Nationals just signed Trevor Williams to a two year deal. Williams, a pitcher.
pitched for the Mets last year. He joins another recent addition,pitcher Thad Ward, who we got from the Red Sox organization. not much, but its a start right. Trea Turner, formally Washington shortstop, signed a deal with the Phiiadelphia Phillies,

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yesterday the Nationals added a thrd baseman, Jeimer Candelario from the Detroit Tigers, Jeimer signed a one year for 5 million, Not too shabby. Things are looking up.

Go Nats! :):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nationals claimed Jeter Downs from the Boston Red Sox this week. Jeter is an infielder, Last year he had 6 hits in 41 at bats for Boston.
Maybe th eWashington coaching staff cn work with him? We wii see.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington has signed outfielder Cory Dickerson to a one-year, $2.25 million dollar deal Tuesday. The 33 year old Cory played for the St. Louis Cardinals last year.In two months we will be in spring training. Feburary 24th is the start this year.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nationals have signed the seventeen year old brother, Elian Soto, of Juan Soto. Wouldn't it be nice if he developed Juan's skills,
The first spring training game is February 26th. Come on summer!

Go Nat's! :):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Only 2 weeks until pitchers and catchers report to spring training.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pitchers and catchers have reported to Spring Training. YAY. This year Major League Baseball has some rule changes that will have big impacts. A clock will be used on pitchers and batters. Infield shift is no longer allowed. Larger bases.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watching my first Nationals game of the year. Sign of summer weather to come, I love warmer weather. Washington is playing New York in Florida. The game is on ESPN and they just said that Washington is picked to be last in the National League East this year. Guess it will be a long year.

Go Nats! ⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nationals beat the Mets 10-7 in a grapefruit league game last night. I'm happy to say that Matt Adams is back with the Nat's since Wednesday Adams has been out of MLB since 2021. Trey Lipscomb had a 2 run homerun in the eighth inning to ice the game.

Go Nats.:):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington just finished their opening series for the 2023 season with 2 loses and 1 win against the
Atlanta Braves. The first game was awful, Washington losing 7-2. Second game , we lost 3-0, but today
we managed to win 4-1 behind strong pitching. Some believe that Washington could lose 100 games this year. That would be tough. Next a 3 game series with the Tampa Bay Rays.

Go Nats :):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, another tough series for the Nationals. We lost all three games to Tampa Bay, who are still undefeated,
this young season. Washington was ahead in the middle game late but ended up losing in the 9th inning.
Dang. Now on the road for 4 games with the Colorado Rockies.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, things are kind of looking up. We split with the Rockies two games each. Should have been 4
wins. Josiah Gray pitched great in a one to nothing loss. With some support, we could have won.
In the last game, our relief pitching gave up 5 late runs and we lost by 1. Now on to Los Angeles
for a three game set with the Angles.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not so good in Los Angeles. Washington managed to win one game but lost 2 to the Angels. Washington was in both games that they lost, but could get those extra needed runs. Games were close. Now an off day tomorrow, then home for a 3 game series with the Cleveland Guardians.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Kyle Finnegan just pitched a save in the 9th inning to preserve a 7-6 win over Cleveland. We actually
won a home game. Cleveland won the first 2 games of the series, at least we won one. Washington scored 2 runs in each of the seventh and eight innings to come from behind. Nats have an off day tomorrow, then 2 games with the Baltimore Orioles.

Last edited: