Washington Nationals Baseball

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All right. Washington took 3 out of 3 from the Pirates to make it a 4 game winning streak. Fantastic. Thursday is an off day, then the Mets come into town for four very important games. The Mets lead the NL East and the Nats need to make up some ground.

Go Nats! :angel::angel::angel:
The nats have played well last week.:rock:

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting for Blue Jays to come to town. Vlady G. Jr. leading the league...
It's hard to say what form Guerrero Jr. will take. when the Jays arrive in Washington in mid-August. But now he's super.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
3 out of 4 from the Mets worked out well for Washington. We picked up 2 games on them. Yesterday Para pinch hit for Washington. Yes, that Para, Baby Shark Para. He got a double and then Schwarber knocked him in with a record tying 5th home run just 2 games. Not too shabby. Off day today, then 2 games in Philly.

Go Nats! :angel::angel::angel:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Okay Nat's fans, todays game in Philly was amazing for Washington fans. This game will probably go down as a classic one. We won yesterday which was great, first of a short 2 game series. Today' game started about 1:10 this afternoon. As the game went into the 5th inning, Washington was down 5-0.Oh well, we won yesterday right, The Nat's bats came alive and when the Phillies got up in the 5th, the score was 5-5. Great, back in the game. By the end of the inning Philly had scored 4 runs for a 9-5 lead. Washington's turn now in the 6th.. I hope I get this right. Washington scored 6 runs for an 11-9 lead! Insane right? Philly game back with 3 runs to go up 12-11. Nat's were behind again. In the 9th inning, We got an amazing 2 more runs to lead again 13-12, and Washington shut down the Phillies in the 9th to secure the 2 game series sweep. You could not create a script like this. Between the 2 teams each had a grand slam home run and a three run shot, plus assorted smaller RBI shots. Wow. I'm sure I screwed up some of the scoring details
but without a game summery to follow, I tried to present the events as I remembered them.
Now on to Miami for 4 games.

Go Nats! :joyman::joyman::joyman:

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We escaped Miami with a 4 game split. Scherzer pitched well and the bats were back today. Washington won the first game, then lost 2 and we won the get away game today. Coming home now and tomorrow we have a one game covid make up game with the Mets.

Go Nats! :smile::smile::smile:

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck.
The qualifying tournament for the European Championship begins on Tuesday. I will visit as many games as possible. Although this is not the level of Major League Baseball, there are some good games here.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first four pitches and two home runs with two base hits are cool.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The first four pitches and two home runs with two base hits are cool.
You were watching or read about it?
Way cool. We ended up winning last night so we are only 3 games behind the Mets. In the first inning tonight, Kyle Schwarber did it again, first pitch home run again! Washington is up 3 to 0 after one inning aganst the Tampa Bay Rays. Hope your games are is as exciting as baseball has been for me.. Got a favorite team?

Go Nats :):):):)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were watching or read about it?
Way cool. We ended up winning last night so we are only 3 games behind the Mets. In the first inning tonight, Kyle Schwarber did it again, first pitch home run again! Washington is up 3 to 0 after one inning aganst the Tampa Bay Rays. Hope your games are is as exciting as baseball has been for me.. Got a favorite team?

Go Nats :):):):)

I watch 8-minute reviews, sometimes full games if they are posted.
The European level lags far behind Major League Baseball in terms of level, but there are very entertaining matches.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That was a really rough 4 game series with the Dodgers. Washington lost all four.
The relief pitchers let us down. With 4 or 5 pitchers on the injured list, that is not hard to believe. It sure would be nice to have a healthy team Kyle Schwarber and Tray Turner were out with injuries also. Now we are on the West coast for an opening series of 4 games with the San Diego Padres.

Go Nats! :):):)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a really rough 4 game series with the Dodgers. Washington lost all four.
The relief pitchers let us down. With 4 or 5 pitchers on the injured list, that is not hard to believe. It sure would be nice to have a healthy team Kyle Schwarber and Tray Turner were out with injuries also. Now we are on the West coast for an opening series of 4 games with the San Diego Padres.

From the short reports of the match, it is difficult to understand why they are being thrown from one extreme to another.
I'll try to find some complete games.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the short reports of the match, it is difficult to understand why they are being thrown from one extreme to another.
I'll try to find some complete games.
First game with San Diego and again like a roller coaster. Up and down and up again. Nervous victory.:)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last night was rough for the Nats. We had the Padre's on the ropes for a win that would have given us a 3 out of 4 series but we let them escape and ended up with a 2-2 split. That hurt. The final score was 9-8 San Diego. Now onto a series with the Giants.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ouch, Washington lost 3 in a row to the Giants. Amazing that the rest of the country
is at 100 degrees plus and in San Francisco an amazing 68 degrees? Crazy. Now we get the all star break and the Nats don't play until Thursday. We need the rest. Max Scherzer is the National League starting pitcher tonight. This is Scherzer's 8 consecutive All Star appearance. I'm watching the home run derby now, more to follow later. Juan Soto has made the second round, he knocked out
Shohei Ohtani, Ohtani leads MLB in home runs up to this point. Trey Turner and Kyle Schwarber are also all stars.for the Nats.

.P.S. Soto is out of the home run derby now but he had the longest home run of the night, 520 feet, Not too shabby.

Go Nat's :):):)

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Nat's fans. Back in town after a week at the beach, Really good time, good weather good food. Long time coming with all the COVID restrictions. Now, baseball. The Nat's lost the first 2 of a three game set to Baltimore. Nats are up 4-3 now with no outs in the ninth inning, Baltimore batting. Dang. Sacrifice fly, tied 4-4 now, one out. Run scored an infield grounder. 5- 4 O's win Ouch.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last night Washington had a 2 run lead in the ninth inning and ended up losing to the Phillies 6-5.. Very sad . Now Washington is expected to be sellers because they are out of the race and they will be looking to unload big payroll stars. I really hope that they keep Trea Turner. More to follow......

Go Nats :):):)

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We won last night 6-4. No trade information yet but there is a problem. About a dozen Nationals players have tested positive for covid. I know 85% of them have received the vaccine so i'm not sure what is actually happening. Tonight's game with the Phillies is cancelled. Oh boy. More to follow.

Go Nats :):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington had a fire sale, We traded I believe, 12 players to contending teams. The Dodgers got Scherzer and Turner. Blockbuster trade. Schwarber went to the Red Sox, Gomes, Harrison and Lester were also among those traded. On a bright side, we beat the Cubs 2 out of 3. For the traded platers, we got alot of future talent for the farm system.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they still have soto one of the best young hitters in the game

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i havent been to a game in yrs sadly. but for sure imma go see the red sox play at some point in the near future. never been a nationals fan but i suppose they are becoming americas team.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington got 12 players for their farm system in the trades. 6 pitchers, 3 catchers
2 outfielders and one infielder. One of the pitchers from the Dodgers, who got Scherzer and Turner, is starting tonight. Josiah Gray RHP with a 1-1 record. We start a 4 game series with the Phillies tonight.

Last edited:
A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they are playing well, it would not be a surprise if they eliminate dodgers