johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, the Nats behind Gio Gonzalez, beat the Mets again. Terrible conditions, 42 degrees
and maybe colder later, howling wind and rain going sideways in the late innings. One
more game tonight, can the Nats make it 3 in a row? Hope so. The Nationals go to the west coast for 9 games at LA, San Fran and then Arizona. I'm sure that they are looking forward to warmer weather. I won't see much because I am on the east coast and the games are late, way to late finishing for me!

Go Nats!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We shall see if Washington can have sustained success.

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i lov the nats.....

and its so strange,see ive been a braves fan since i was old enough to watch them on tv,im from n.c. and i could as many braves fans watch 150 games a season on tbs.but,i moved to va 10 years ago and the braves was moved off of tbs and i couldnt watch them anymore.i had to have my baseball fix and masn was on cable in va.it was watch balt or the nats.i dont like american leauge baseball as much as i like the national leauge game,so i choose the nats to watch and fell in love with the team.even bob and f.p. seems like family now.hope we get completely healthy soon.it will be a very interesting year if we get healthy.playoff run for sure!go nats!.......and btw,i love what the braves are doing in the minors,they have drafted a great bunch down there,they remind me of a young astros minor leauge of 4 or 5 years ago,and we seen what they have done,so im excited about the braves near future!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Love the NATS, nearby in Maryland. Watching the Nats and Dodgers right now.
Just started. Hope we can get the rubber game. On ESPN tonight.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mets got revenge for the first game they blew~
Replying again, did not see my post. Mets got a great win over the Nats, strong finish.
Congrats on your 1st place finish in Poker jho. Great feeling isn't it.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dang, the Nationals lost to the Dodgers 4-3 last night. At least Michael A. Taylor
had a good night. It's on to San Francisco now for 3 games. !0:10 eastern start time so I won't see much of the next 3 games.

Go Nats!

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nats are going to be looking up at the phillies this season. Not enough pitching, hitting or speed. The phils have put together a nice lil club, and if they they can overcome Kaplers inexperience, they could contend.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the NL East is going to be very competitive this year. Right now the Nats do not look too good, hopefully they can put some hitting behind their pitching, which is actually pretty good.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Replying again, did not see my post. Mets got a great win over the Nats, strong finish.
Congrats on your 1st place finish in Poker jho. Great feeling isn't it.

Thank you! The NL East has been a very interesting year so far, with several teams playing above expectations.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nats are below expectations, Phillies, Braves and Mets are doing great. Another
4-3 loss last night to San Fran. Hope it can improve. 3:45 start time this afternoon
so I will get to watch.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oh Boy. Nats beat the Giants 15-2 yesterday. It's a shame that they could not spread those runs over the past 3 games, we would have won 3 instead of just 1. I'll take it.
Now it's on to Arizona for 3 games with the D-backs. Off day today, series is FridaySaturday and Sunday.
Go Nats!.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Diamondbacks beat the Nats last night 5-4. Seems like we cannot get the timely hit to break a game wide open. Bases loaded with one out and we cannot get a run?
Getting old now, the hitting has to come. The Wizards lost last night to the Raptors in NBA BB so their season is done. Tonight the Nats play d-backs again.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
D-backs beat the Nats again yesterday, 4-3 this time in 10 innings. We are really having a rough start. It's really tough with 3 starters out with injuries. Murphy has been out all year, Eaton 3 weeks and Rendon 2 weeks. That's a lot of hitting lost.Hopefully Rendon may be back tomorrow. We need a win today, Gio Gonzalez is pitching for Washington..

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yay, Nationals won over the Diamondbacks 3-1 this afternoon. One in a row.
I hope this is a building block, Pirates are next with a four game series.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. The Pirates have won 4 in a row coming into today. I don't know todays outcome.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great. The Nationals beat the Pirates 3-2 last night. The Pirates were on a five game win streak. Washington has won 2 in a row now. Maybe, just maybe, Anthony Rendon will be back tonight or tomorrow. We need his bat and glove. Tonight Mad Max Scherzer is pitching. Game is 7:05 EST.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Big win last night. Washington 12, Pittsburgh 4. Dave Martinez had Bryce Harper batting leadoff, hoping that he would see some decent pitches rather the getting walked. With Trey Tuner behind Harper, the wisdom was that Harper would see some good pitches because you cannot put the leadoff man on with no outs. Worked. Harper had a 3 run homer in the 6th inning starting the blowout. Matt Adams had two homers. Washington is on a three game win streak. Can it continue?
Strasburg pitches tonight.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, Nats beat the Pirates again last night 9-3, on a 3 game roll over PB now.
Can we sweep the 4 game series? Harper and Adams had home runs and Strasburg was sharp pitching. Day game at 1:05 today.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Big Win! Nats beat the Pirates again today for a 4 game sweep. Turner and Zimmerman homered. Doolittle came in during the 8th inning , and closed out the inning, Pitched the 9th for the save. My son was there behind home plate with a friend and we saw them on the TV telecast! Next up Philadelphia.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well Toddy, Nats and Phillies coming up. We will see how it goes. Early, but a good test for both. Hope they are good games.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
First round goes to Washington, 7-3 win against Philly last night in a game with a 39 minute rain delay. Washington opened up a 7-0 lead. Harper opened the game with a solo homerun, and added a 2 run 473 foot shot on his next at bat.
Gio Gonzalez got the win. Anthony Rendon might be back at 3rd tonight after being out 3 weeks with a toe fracture. Round two tonight.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, the second round goes to Philadelphia, 3-1. Tanner Roark pitched a good game but the Phillies pitching was better giving up only 1 run. Today Mad Max is pitching for Washington, hopefully with a better outcome. Caps beat PB to go up 3-2.

Go Nats

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great finish yesterday. Cy Young winner Max Scherzer struck out 15 in 6 plus innings before he was pulled because of his 111 pitch count. The Nationals won the game in the bottom of the ninth 5-4. Wonderful finish. The NL east is tightening up with only 2 games between first and fifth place. It's getting interesting. Washington is now 7 and 3 for it's last 10 games. On to San Diego now for a three game set with the Padres.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hot Dog,
The Nats beat the Padres 8-5 last night in San Diego. Matt Adams had 2 more home runs and Trey Turner had 1. Stephen Strasburg got the win. Tonight we have a second game with the Padres at 10:10 east coast time. Really tough to watch those west coast games. End way past my bedtime. Nats are 8 out of the last 10.
Not too shabby.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We won last night, 4-0 against the San Diego Padres. Jeremy Hellickson had a
no-hitter through 6 innings. He has had trouble getting through opponents the third time through the batting order but not last night. No walks or hits into the seventh inning so he stayed in. Relief pitchers held the Padres scoreless and for the night, they only got 3 hits. One more game in San Diego tonight at 9:10 East coast time.
Nats are 9-1 for the last 10.

Go Nats

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Okay, the Padres got the last game 2-1 over the Nats. Gio Gonzalez pitched well but did not get any run support, Washington seems to have a really tough time hitting left handed pitching. Oh well, on to Arizona for a four game stand. 9:40 start time tonight.

Go Nats!