PokerTracker Reference Thread

goffman73

goffman73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks alot man....saves me the time of waiting on support to contact me.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks alot man....saves me the time of waiting on support to contact me.

No problemo. Although, to give them their due, they actually got back to me well inside 24 hours and it was, checking the date on the email, the day after Christmas.

goffman73

goffman73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok now I have another question.After installing this it recommended I run the housekeeping to update the database cache,etc........so I did and it has been updating for over 3 hours!!!!!!Is this normal?

A

ac30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok now I have another question.After installing this it recommended I run the housekeeping to update the database cache,etc........so I did and it has been updating for over 3 hours!!!!!!Is this normal?

Depends how big your database is; how big is it btw? one of mine is 4GB and it regularly takes 4-5 hours to vacuum, cluster, analyse & cache on a Turion 64 bit dual core.

My advice; let it run overnight - if it's still going after 12 hours, kill the process, goto the pokertracker.com support page and create a ticket.

Phil

A

ac30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok,so to install the beta version do I need to uninstall the regular version and will I lose my data that I have accumulated?

For the incremental updates to betas and the general build releases, just download the version WITHOUT postgres, DO NOT uninstall via Add/Remove programs - just the new install over the top - this will preserve all your hand data and any custom layouts/stats/reports you have created.

DO NOT re-install postgres unless specifically instructed by the PokerTracker release notes or one of the forum's [verified] Mods - doing this of your own accord will run the risk of purging all your hand data:eek: .

By the way, if this did happen, it would be no problem, coz you've got the database(s) backed-off to some other medium; havent you...????:confused:

HTH

Phil

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way, if this did happen, it would be no problem, coz you've got the database(s) backed-off to some other medium; havent you...????:confused:

HTH

Phil

Amen. FIRST Commandment of computer use. "Thou shall always back up thy data!" Burn it into your brain, 'cause if you don't you will regret it.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

M

mzdavis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having some trouble figuring out PT2, with bodog hand grabber. I'm able to mine hands from cash games... but when I played in the $1,500 guaranteed earlier, it was not mining any of the hands. Any idea how I can get the hand histories from these MTT tournaments?

I

ihavea4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this program seems pretty useful for the most part, but i'm still confused when i see people say that they can't see playing online poker without it. is it that big of a difference? what makes having this program so important that things would be a lot different without it?

M

MaxxxW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hm i use pokerelephant atm but it doesnt assist SNG / tourneys , so i´m thinking of buying tracker , but it would cut about 50% of my actual winnings .

Is there a way of getting it costless ?

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
hm i use pokerelephant atm but it doesnt assist SNG / tourneys , so i´m thinking of buying tracker , but it would cut about 50% of my actual winnings .

Is there a way of getting it costless ?

You can try it for free for 60 days, but it is copyrighted software, so, no, you can't get it for free, short of stealing a copy.

M

mzdavis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So now I have pokerace hud, PT2, PT3... and I'm trying to figure out how to get pokerace hud to work correctly. I sit at cash tables, mine hands, and for some reason the stats that pop up on Bodog are not accurate. Sometimes they don't pop up at all. Anyone happen to know a lot about this progra that might be able to help me? I've scanned forums and everything, but no luck.

DuveL

DuveL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokertracker for free!!

Download pokertracker (crack incl.) for free and lots of other cool pokersoftware for free on *removed link*

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gribbley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think FTP is banning PokerTracker and other datamining programs.

I'm not sure if that is true, but I've heard they're freezing accounts for it or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think FTP is banning PokerTracker and other datamining programs.

Care to share where you got that particular piece of information?

I know for a fact that pokerstars specifically forbids datamining programs, but allows the use of PT, HEM and similar programs, so I assume FT and the other big sites have a similar policy. Since they only track player information in games you are actively involved in, and, from my experience, at the table you are playing at, I don't think they qualify as "dataminers" since they only provide information you could acquire for yourself by meticulous note taking, etc.

Benjammn

Benjammn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try it for free for 60 days, but it is copyrighted software, so, no, you can't get it for free, short of stealing a copy.

If you go to pokersoftware.com and deposit through the site to FT/PS/etc., you can get PT3 for free, I think. At least that is what it looks like, but I haven't done it for myself.

scphillips87

scphillips87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been hearing alot about PT. I want to know, does it make you a better player in general by keeping you aware of what others are doing or do you tend to rely on the program. Do you make decisions based on what it is or isn't telling you or does it just influence you? Just wondering, cheers.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm manually entering my tourney results from pokerstars - has anyone figured out how to load results from the "congratulations" email PS sends when you place in a tourney? I saw that there's a way to load from a POP email server, but my server isn't set up that way, so I'm looking for a way to load from the *.txt file directly...

X

Xyphon

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Worth it?

55 Bucks! Maybe if I can get my bankroll up. Too many bills at the moment. Is there any way to "sticky" or save this post so that I can get to the links later when I get some cash? Guess I could put it in favorites.

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check your HUD options; by default it pulls stats from the whole db for the villans and the current session for the hero...

I can't find in the HUD options where I can set if I'm interesting in the current session stats or whole session stats.

Regarding Bodog, it should be supported soon if I remember well what I've read on PT3 forum :)

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been hearing alot about PT. I want to know, does it make you a better player in general by keeping you aware of what others are doing or do you tend to rely on the program. Do you make decisions based on what it is or isn't telling you or does it just influence you? Just wondering, cheers.

I'm not the most advanced user with the PT HUD (which is what I think you're asking about), but FWIW, here's what I'm doing with it. Before I say what I'm doing with it, suggest you look at ChuckTs 1K post and c9's 3bet post, both in the Golden Archives.

I generally track VPIP and PFR - this gives me an idea of how tight/loose and aggressive/passive the player is. A player with a VPIP of 6 (i.e., 6% of the time they voluntarily put money in the pot) and PFR of 4 (raise pre-flop 4% of the time) generally has what they're representing (i.e., you know what they're range is for playing and raising - very very good hands) - a player with a VPIP of 40 and a PFR of 25 generally is will frequently not have what they're representing (their range is enormous). A player who has a tiny steal percentage is someone you can generally steal against. Etc.

The more I try to multi-table (I am doing 4 FR tables or 2 MTT tables, going to try to increase the FR multi-tabling in April or so), the more I rely on the HUD to identify player tendencies.

That's just for the HUD - I actually find PT most useful in tracking my results, and in session reviews. How well am I playing position? Which types of hands cost me the most money? Which situations are costing me money? How aggressive am I? Very useful stuff, I've been able to identify several major leaks that I'm trying to fix now.

P.S. FWIW, PT3 is more expensive today. I think it's around $90. Still well worth the money.

S

swampdonkey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not personally use these programs however just last evening in a poker forum one player reported, who says he does use them, said that PokerStars has a method for detecting the use of PokerTracker and he was aware of someone whose account was locked (would not allow cashing out) due to an investigation as a result of it's use.

He also mentioned a competitive program he thought was comparably good called PokerCrusher. I went to both sites and an analysis of my "style" of play was comparable......

Merlin333 :cool:

No legitimate poker web-site should allow these programs to be used.
Perhaps I'm mistaken but if these programs track the play of you and your competitors and report the results to you then that is BS.
If you can't take notes and/or follow the play of those you're competing against then you are a poor excuse for a poker player and a cheat.
Programs such as these ruin the on-line game by giving lazy, inadequate players an advantage.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps I'm mistaken but if these programs track the play of you and your competitors and report the results to you then that is BS.
If you can't take notes and/or follow the play of those you're competing against then you are a poor excuse for a poker player and a cheat.
Programs such as these ruin the on-line game by giving lazy, inadequate players an advantage.

I think your condemnation of the users of these tools is a little harsh, and a bit uninformed, especially since many of the participants in this forum use PT or HEM. But it's a legitimate opinion. Suggest you read through this thread and other threads regarding PT and HEM.

The sites generally distinguish between data-mining tools, which collect data on all hands for all players, and tools that track the hands you are in. In theory, you could do the latter with pen and paper - hard to do even at a single table at 50-75 hands an hour, but theoretically possible - the first is impossible for you to do as a player.

PT and HEM track the hands you're actually in (for the most part - the exception is "observed hands" where you're waiting to post the BB or equivalent), which in theory you could do with pen and paper. Many sites (all the major sites, I think) prohibit the usage of data-mining tools.

That doesn't mean it's necessarily legit to have a tool that replaces my pen and paper - but that's the distinction.

Note that there is a great deal of skill and hard work involved to become good at using the HUD to inform your play - again, try reading through a few threads about the topic. The guys who are deriving the most benefit from these tools had to put in a lot of hard work to develop those skills - I don't think the words "lazy", "inadequate", and "poor excuse for a poker player" apply here - regardless of your opinion on whether using the tool makes such a player a "cheat".

P

phea1dave

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the great info......i've been wondering about this for a while. Great Thread!!

MATelford

MATelford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your all software sucking cheapskates who cant play proper poker, so you try using a silly program a guy invented to make money from any gulible **** on earth.

MATelford

MATelford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

True but I dont mind people using them. I have the advantage then.
I know exactly how to play a "HUD" which is what you are doing against a "trek" (which I call them because they think they're in star trek).
Using what the "HUD" tells a player against them is great. Also the info they're given against me is futile. I play poker, not patterns. His "HUD" says im aggressive and i wake up with aces on the BB... Thats right, its alllll over. Thanx to your "HUD".

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide