PokerTracker Reference Thread

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly agree with you I think. online poker is pretty different. It's probably just me, but I'm often not ready to make a decision in 15 or 20 seconds, for example. Never -the-less, if you were playing online chess, wouldn't you consider it cheating if your opponent used a computer to make his/her moves? Probably not the same thing, but my point is there is a line that shouldn't be crossed somewhere - I'm just not sure where the line should be in this case.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed, it would be considered cheating, but that isn't what tracking software does. It doesn't tell you what moves to make when, it just tells you what your opponents have done in the past. There are some other programs that will go through and tell you what moves to make based on your hand strength/odds/opponents tendencies(or are just all out bots) and those are the programs that the poker sites have on their banned software lists, and those programs I disagree with completely because in that sense you are not playing against a person who just has a lot of past information at his hands(like with a tracker), but rather against a person who is explicitly being told what to do by a program. I would say that would be the line you're talking about being crossed, but that's just my opinion.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have convinced me for the most part. Collusion, software that reads hole cards (is there still any that do this?), that type of thing is over the line. Plus, let's face it, software won't help you avoid your opponent getting runner runner to beat you (lol).

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am positive there is software out there that still does this, but I don' think much of it is widespread. More custom programmed and private I would assume. From what I have read about the bot software these days it is the same way. That is really the only way for the cheaters to be sure that their programs won't be caught on by the poker sites so they won't get caught(granted there are other ways to catch them if they wanted)

W

wetyeti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grrrrrrrr
Having the hardest time trying to configure my HUD. All I'm trying to do is add a fold to a preflop 3bet percentage and fold to a flop cbet percentage. The tutorial on PT3 walked me through it but nothing.
Any tips?

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you trying to add it to the default HUD or have you made a custom HUD?

W

wetyeti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both. i tried a custom and then tried adding to the default.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, so the latest update of PT3 is different then when I made my HUD.

are you having trouble finding the stat to put in your list of stats or does it not show up when you sit down at a table?

A

akcash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the different between poker tracker 3 and poker tracker 3 beta?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the different between poker tracker 3 and poker tracker 3 beta?

You must be trying to download it illegally and it's an OLD download, so it was from when PT3 was in Beta.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what could be confusing him Hamm. You see 2 dl's available from the PT3 DL section.

The Beta is the newest test version that is being worked on. It will usually have some new features that are not fully tested but may also include some changes/fixes that one would want NOW instead of waiting for them to be officially released.

For me I'm using the current Beta as it now supports Merge network HH's.

Attachments

• PT3DL.JPG
    PT3DL.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 39
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, I gotcha, I really haven't been to PT3's site since PT3 was in full beta, so that is what I was thinking. Should have known, HEM is the same way with their updates calling them Betas.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know if PT will be showing equity in the HUD like HEM does? I saw this function in HEM recently and it is very useful, particularly in PLO where equity is harder to figger...

BTW I figured out the PLO/PLO8 problem I posted above. Its in the filters...

A

akcash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know if PT will be showing Equity in the HUD like HEM does? I saw this function in HEM recently and it is very useful, particularly in PLO where equity is harder to figger...

BTW I figured out the PLO/PLO8 problem I posted above. Its in the filters...

interesting . im not familiar enough with all the stats on pt3 to answer that. but that would be handy.

A

akcash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what could be confusing him Hamm. You see 2 dl's available from the PT3 DL section.

The Beta is the newest test version that is being worked on. It will usually have some new features that are not fully tested but may also include some changes/fixes that one would want NOW instead of waiting for them to be officially released.

For me I'm using the current Beta as it now supports Merge network HH's.

yes that was exactly my dilemma.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide