PokerTracker Reference Thread

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think this would be useful for a very serious player, someone looking to actually make a noticeable living from poker. i like to judge my play by the results i see, i dont worry about stats and all that, i am more concerned with each table and how the players there act. each table is so different you cant always go by probability and all that

I cant take a cat with a lime on its head seriously, unless they can show a winning graph. He he.
My living from poker is not that noticeable, but I can pay for a bag of dog food every once in a while.
PT3 helps for holdem, as does any other tracker..

A

ac30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Beta 14 is fresh off the press.

Savage, purge your database (this should wipe it out), then download and install install beta 14, then re import all your processed hands, it is likely the play money games will not process. Otherwise there is no way to manually manipulate individual results yet.

to get your ROI's correct on MTT's you need the tourney summary (preferably the one written after the tourney has finished); on FT this is written to the hh folder when the tourney lobby is closed, on stars, request it via email and manually import - then your money stats will be good to go...

philip

G

GrantGreen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, I'm having a better time with Hold'em Manager than with PT3. Will try PT3 again when they get Boss support.

A

ac30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Next Beta Expected: on or before August 9, 2008 will have BOSS support...

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey does anybody know if there is a version of pokertracker or a similar software for macs? I don't have access to my PC for a while and I would like to check out the software.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice, PokerTracker can be a very confusing program if you don't know how to read it. I found a decent tutorial on it back awhile ago on thepokerbay.org and it was pretty helpful.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been using poker tracker 3 to record my online play since I started playing regularly almost three months ago. Just to clarify I have only used the program itself for maybe 6-7 weeks but saved all my hand histories previously.

I have never deposited and my bankroll has gone up, then down, then up again. Usually what would happen is I'd win around 2 bucks in freerolls over a period of time, and lose it in cash games over the span of a week..typical story. I have since then gotten a bit smarter about my play. With the money that I have now I only play in 1.25 SNG's and private tournies that cost two bucks or less and this month has been profitable. Not triple digit or even close but from nothing, its not bad.

I'm half decent with stats since I did it in university and I find poker tracker similar in some respects to when i've used SPSS. I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas for pre-generated reports they use on a regular basis? I think these kind of reports have alot of potential value in them..would appreciate any comments.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, not to go off topic, but now that you mention that it somewhat reminded you of SPSS, it kind of does...And I HATED that program with a passion. So damn confusing, but that is funny that you mentioned that.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Tracker

This Poker Tracker sounds like a decent deal. However, to much information can have the opposite effect. I use a simple excell spreadsheet built by a guy at work who plays on line also. The program calculates win, losses, % ITM, finish in top 10%, winnings/hand, winnings/hour played among other things for each different type of game. Not bad for a couple of silly engineers.

B

bobboss171

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Poker Tracker appears to be an excellent program,
do not have this program, I have interest,
in a near future acquire it.
Parace be an optimal investment, the price is
very good uss 55.00, offers many advantages
on how to play of their opponents.
I have only one doubt! if all sites of poker
allow the use of this program? Sites like poker stars
full tilt poker and party poker allow?

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
am considering downloading it and testing it. i play on stars, cake, absolute and pokertime. which all sites will it work on? and also i play a lot of non holdem games, so will it still be useful?

for someone whose never used it before whats the first thing i need to know? does it use up alot of memory on ur computer? is there any kind of codes i should use when i download it to get a longer free period? can i move it from one computer to another? i really have no idea what to do. wish someone could show me in person how to use it.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beta 18 has been released.

Lots of crashing issues apparently resolved. The only remaining problem I had is fixed, and initial replies from the fanbase look favorable.

Auto-rate is added.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Poker Tracker v3 legal at the pokerstars? i looked at their allowed software and it only mentioned Poker Tracker nothing about v1 or v2 or v3.. few months back v2 was on the banned list its not there any more and it not also on the allowed list. So do they mean any version of poker tracker is allowed by listing Poker Tracker? or do they mean Poker tracker v1? Im so confused..

btw. What happened to the MAC version that was promised to be released?

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To the best of my knowledge, Poker Tracker is fine in all versions. The folks at PT have said they work intimately with the sites to insure PT isn't used unfairly.

In a nutshell what PT does is act as if you had perfect memory, and unlimited historical bookkeeping skills. It will remember the last hand you played or one 7,000 hands ago. It will keep track of your finances, to a point, on the sites they are currently importing. It will show you your tendencies, and from that YOU will determine if they are leaks or not. It will NOT find a leak and show you that leak with a large red flaming arrow.

Reading through the PT forum today shows that beta 18 is largely being applauded, and the nature of the problems today seem to be with the newly added auto-rate function. Even then it seems that the problems are mostly clarification issues on just how to implement the feature.

Apparently MOST of the crashing issues have been fixed, and focus has turned to providing PT3 with more and more of the functionality of PT2. No new sites were added, and none seem to be planned for the next beta which might be an actually fresh release, PT3 build 3.

Many folks swear by the HUD. They make many decisions based on what that HUD is telling them at that instant. I don't use it that way primarily because I haven't found a nice way to display the stats while actually playing. In my case I primarily use PT3 to help me keep track of my money, and help me find my leaks. Leak finding would be nearly impossible without something like PT3 or Holdem Manager.

Many folks have ported the PC version to their MAC's via linux. I am not a MAC guy, but it seems they are running a Windows emulation and then PT3 on that.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Tracker 3 build 3 has been released.

With beta 18, the program got very stable, and with a few tweaks, build 3 has been released.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Tracker 3 build 3 has been released.

With beta 18, the program got very stable, and with a few tweaks, build 3 has been released.
Hey deej, do you know if Windows ME would support Poker Tracker??:eek: W/ a Celeron processer??:eek:

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still use PT2 version because I heard that the PT3 version was not very stable. I have a free upgrade b/c I bought the program so close to the release date of PT3.

Are there still problems? And what are the main differences/benefits that PT3 adds? Also, is it easy to import old hands?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ultimate answers for both Rick and nutz would be to visit the Poker Tracker forums.

Most of the stability problems have apparently been worked out. They are now concentrating on getting PT3 up to snuff function wise to PT2. I never used PT2 so I have no clue what that entails. They have proven over the years that they are constantly tweeking PT and with the new PT3 will be able to continue that tradition.

As long as your option on PT3 doesn't run out, and if you are happy with PT2, then you might wait for build 4 if you are playing sites that PT3 isn't supporting yet. And apparently the movement from PT2 database to the PT3 database is only time consuming. It appears to be a one click thing.

L

lucky10477

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AG excellent stuff.
but I would rather rely on being into the game

C

ChurchSkiz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone know if you can show in the HUD the stats for each player from your entire database and not just the current session? I may have 1k hands on a guy but if I join a new table with them it only shows me the stats from the current session. If I want to see the details I have to go into PT and look them up manually.

C

channing73ny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very good thyead

i agree totally i think its ashame though about the hole thing of cheating the system but i think its funny how yu vcould be in ring game theyll raise like mad men then soon as u have a hand the hole table folds

A

ac30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know if you can show in the HUD the stats for each player from your entire database and not just the current session? I may have 1k hands on a guy but if I join a new table with them it only shows me the stats from the current session. If I want to see the details I have to go into Poker Tracker and look them up manually.

check your HUD options; by default it pulls stats from the whole db for the villans and the current session for the hero...

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree totally i think its ashame though about the hole thing of cheating the system but i think its funny how yu vcould be in ring game theyll raise like mad men then soon as u have a hand the hole table folds

maybe you should just stop playing like a nit...

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide