PokerTracker Reference Thread

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True but I dont mind people using them. I have the advantage then.
I know exactly how to play a "HUD" which is what you are doing against a "trek" (which I call them because they think they're in star trek).
Using what the "HUD" tells a player against them is great. Also the info they're given against me is futile. I play poker, not patterns. His "HUD" says im aggressive and i wake up with aces on the BB... Thats right, its alllll over. Thanx to your "HUD".

Mat this is the second thread you've contaminated with these opinions of yours

we get it, you dont like HUDs and feel you have an advantage over them. thats fine but stop clogging up threads where we talk about them, we dont need your opinions in them

MATelford

MATelford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mat this is the second thread you've contaminated with these opinions of yours

we get it, you dont like HUDs and feel you have an advantage over them. thats fine but stop clogging up threads where we talk about them, we dont need your opinions in them

Well soooouuuurrrr EEEEEEEEEE! thatll sort ya! lol oj. There are no negative comments for curious posters. We are the truth of the poker world. There needs to be a positive and negative view in a debate.

rileyl

rileyl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can having more information at your disposal be a disadvantage? (As long as you use it right) And Lol at your aces on the big blind example, you truly are clueless.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MATelford, this is a serious thread about the use of Pokertracker.

If you have contrary opinions post them elsewhere, but if you plan on trolling the forum your posts will be deleted and you may end up banned.

Any further off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted.

carmont

carmont

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have Poker Tracker V2 Hold 'em.
I only play at poker stars and Full Tilt.
I'm so lost on how to even use this program. Even considering myself
a fast learner, I have attempted to read the Help on the thing that
takes me back to website.
I attempt opening my saved folder, then get so confused what it is
doing. Oh well.. very frustrating and not playing alot lately, maybe
that hand history folder don't hold much and don't think hi lo omaha
works on this version.
If anyone will send me a message for with help - appreciate it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those using PT3 and looking to take advantage of the advanced HUD configuration possibilities, but are either too lazy or don't have the time to figure it all out from scratch (like me, both counts), there's a pre-set HUD setup you can download from the PT site, at the bottom of this webpage:

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11188

There is a screen shot of the HUD and of the popup screens, and explanations of the stats displayed, so you can see whether it looks like it'd be worth your time. I just downloaded it today and will be playing with it for a while, but I already like it better than the default HUD - cleaner appearance, less clutter on the table, and more information.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those using PT3 and looking to take advantage of the advanced HUD configuration possibilities, but are either too lazy or don't have the time to figure it all out from scratch (like me, both counts), there's a pre-set HUD setup you can download from the PT site, at the bottom of this webpage:

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11188

There is a screen shot of the HUD and of the popup screens, and explanations of the stats displayed, so you can see whether it looks like it'd be worth your time. I just downloaded it today and will be playing with it for a while, but I already like it better than the default HUD - cleaner appearance, less clutter on the table, and more information.
Before we begin: This guide is not for the faint of heart. If you are not willing to get your hands a little dirty, and think about what you are looking at, this guide is not for you. Also, the techniques described herein are only available for registered PT3 users. If you haven't registered PT3 yet, you cannot access the custom statistics interface, so you will need to register PT3 in order to gain access to these functions. Also, I created this HUD for FTP and for small tables. If you use other sites or other sizes of tables the HUD will work properly but you will need to reposition the stat boxes appropriately.
Interesting link, but as it's designed for Full Tilt and it won't work unless you have a registered version of PT, I'll have to leave it for a while. :p

B

billyth3kid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do they still make ones that tell you your playing style? shark bomb calling station.. stuff like that... Poker-edge use to keep track of that... but i think they fell off since none of there info is ever updated

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
party poker recently cut the price of this software in the Points Store (it was 1000, now it costs 800 points), so I am thinking about getting it.....However.....

When I checked it out in the store, the description said...

Once you have successfully purchased your PokerTracker 3 software (please note this version of PokerTracker 3 is for exclusive use on the PartyPoker network) from the store, you will receive a link.....

So am I to understand that this version of PT3 will only work with Party Poker??? If that's the case, I'd rather buy a version that will work with all my poker rooms and use my Party Points for satellite buy-ins instead.

Has anyone got their copy of PT through the Party Poker Points Store? And if so, can you confirm if it only works on the Party network??

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I certainly wouldn't spend 800 points on it if it only works with partypoker! PT3 supports all sorts of networks and sites now...

tgarner

tgarner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a video or a page to go to for set up for dummies? I have been dinking with it and it says its running, but that is all I am getting. I need someone to walk me through setting it up, explain it to me like I'm a 3 year old. LOL

tgarner

tgarner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I did use that, but still wasn't getting it to work, guess I am just to thick headed or I make things more difficult than they really are, lol. Anyway, after reading and re-reading I got it to work. It's going to take me a while to learn the percentages to look for and what percent is good and bad. Another question and it's probably in here somewhere, but would you leave it running to build up some hand histories when not playing? And if so, for how long? I have it recording hand histories on 15 tables right now on the stakes I have been playing at. I'm just to tired to play tonight. Any input would be appreciated, I like to keep it simple stupid. Things I should watch for and things I should do to the program from time to time? It does look like it could be useful, especially if someone was multi tabling.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I did use that, but still wasn't getting it to work, guess I am just to thick headed or I make things more difficult than they really are, lol. Anyway, after reading and re-reading I got it to work. It's going to take me a while to learn the percentages to look for and what percent is good and bad. Another question and it's probably in here somewhere, but would you leave it running to build up some hand histories when not playing? And if so, for how long? I have it recording hand histories on 15 tables right now on the stakes I have been playing at. I'm just to tired to play tonight. Any input would be appreciated, I like to keep it simple stupid. Things I should watch for and things I should do to the program from time to time? It does look like it could be useful, especially if someone was multi tabling.

Running it to capture hands without actually playing is close to data mining, imo. I won't argue the ethics of this, it's a tired discussion, search the phrase here for further info if desired.

Also, search for "PT3", "PokerTracker", "HEM", and/or "HUD" on this forum. There are many discussions to get you started - suggest you look at Golden Archives first.

Also, PT3 is good for self-analysis - getting HH's for other players is good for the HUD, but also look at the same threads for discussions of your own stats.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In tourney play, you can get a workable idea about the other players after 50 hands, but it only helps. 50 hands is not a decent sample by a long way. For your own stats, you will want 10,000 hands (comes way faster than you can imagine).

In ring, with villains you see often, you MIGHT depend on the stats being useful after 100 hands, but you would sure prefer 1000 hands. But unless you are playing in the rarefied zone of huge buy-ins, you are unlikely to get 1,000 hands on any ring villains for a long time.

I've been playing the same CC folks for a long time, and collecting data on them for about 20 months, and there are only a few I have over 1,000 hands on.

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive just downloaded poker tracker and ive just experienced one of its great benefits, i was short stacked and went all in with Q8s(i wouldnt normally play it but was so short stacked) i luckily got called and got lucky hitting an 8 and doubling up,

anyway the next hand the villain from the previous hand pushed all in i had pocket threes but saw his VP Rating was 50 and so was his PR rating so i figured he had an average had at best, so i called and knocked him out,

great tool

D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a Query about Poker tracker, on the tournament bit it says i have a -100% ROI and hasnt got any of my cashes in and says i havent cashed on the tournaments i have, is there any way i can fix this or does it just take time to update?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a Query about Poker tracker, on the tournament bit it says i have a -100% ROI and hasnt got any of my cashes in and says i havent cashed on the tournaments i have, is there any way i can fix this or does it just take time to update?

The results of tournaments from pokerstars do not load automatically. I was manually entering my results (it's in the toolbar, something like "Enter Results", I forget), but I understand there's a way to have your emailed notification of your result loaded automatically - try searching PokerTracker's forums for the details - unless someone else knows how to do this (I don't really play tourneys anymore, so I didn't bother to figure it out)?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The results of tournaments from Pokerstars do not load automatically. I was manually entering my results (it's in the toolbar, something like "Enter Results", I forget), but I understand there's a way to have your emailed notification of your result loaded automatically - try searching PokerTracker's forums for the details - unless someone else knows how to do this (I don't really play tourneys anymore, so I didn't bother to figure it out)?

Each of us can request, via the Stars Support system, the Tourney results of our last 200 tourneys. You would receive this via email, and then go through the still somewhat clunky email import process in PT3.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if someone knows about a french tutorial cause i can't find none in my native language, which would be easier for me to master.
Thank's peeps.

damon789

damon789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cheers A.G.

Very helpful post sir much appreciated. Washington foreva yey!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daleyboy1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my poker trackers started being wierd it only pops up the HUD occaisionally and for one hand then dissapears, any idea why this is?

tgarner

tgarner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had originally posted this in a thread in B,BB&V, because there were talking about it there. But I got no replys, so I thought I would repost it here in hopes of getting some good answers. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgarner
Forgive me for being stupid, but what is BB/100 and BB/Hour?

Ok I know when I posted this reply some of you may have looked at it and thought, he's and idiot, go look it up, lol. But I was serious, people seem to pay close attention to this, and I couldn't understand the big benifit of this stat. LOL

Anyway, I did finally go look it up and I may be thick headed, but I need someone to explain it to me like I'm a 3 year old.

I did figure out that is Big Bets per 100 hands and Big Bets per hour. The Big Bet is on the turn and the river and is double the big blind from what I read(if I read it correctly).

If someone could please explain how this stat is helpful to your game, in detail. And what the stat should be for the different levels of play.

I do have the trial version of PT3 and have read a lot of stuff on it, but you have to read so much to find the particular part you are wanting to learn about then. If I feel that it may greatly help my game, I may purchase it. I don't play more than four tables at a time, so I wouldn't be getting it for that, just to grade my own play.

Any and all help and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide