PokerTracker Reference Thread

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It might be better to start a new thread, very few people read this one (or BBB&V).

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha for PT3 questions

I just noticed the new beta version also imports omaha which is great, BUT...

It also imports O8, and mixes the results of O and O8 games together. Can't find a way to filter for one or the other...

Haven't tried the HUD yet but it can't use same stats for both games... can it? Does not compute...

Tried the PT forum but it is way confusing, dont c any answers there...

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on my third month of using PT3, I find it stable and helpful. My only concern is that after a time pokerstars forces me to turn it off for 30 minutes. Not very helpful when playing a long tournament.

I think it's worth it just for the sake of having an easy to see graph of your winnings. it helps me from going on tilt a lot of times.

B

bluffmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to date analysis?

I like the idea of this thread, but cant help thinking its a little outdated, I am using PT3, is there any "recent" ebooks/software/websites/threads which talk in detail about poker tracker 3 analysis, and if not can we make a dedicated thread for an up to date version of events... and ive probably skipped 90% of this thread after reading only the first and last page so apologies if someone has already come to this aid...

THANKS!

popo12

popo12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many people actually use this??

I don't see how analizing your past mistakes will improve your play ...yes you may get the same cards again sometime...but will your opponent have the same cards they had..don't think so. poker hands are different every time...there must be a better way to improve your play than this pokertracker???

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how analizing your past mistakes will improve your play ...yes you may get the same cards again sometime...but will your opponent have the same cards they had..don't think so. Poker hands are different every time...there must be a better way to improve your play than this pokertracker???

Until you use one, you can't be convinced they are useful. I was once like you. I saw the light.....

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
popo12..Analyzing your past mistakes is something that every poker player who shows long-term profits does, from what I hear..That is one of the things I see over and over anywhere I read about poker. If you do not analyze your play; than you will not know what you are doing wrong, and you will not know what to do in a similar situation when it arises. Software to analyze your play won't make you a winning player, but analyzing your play will definitely help you realize your weak points. So why would you not want a program that organizes all that info for you and displays it how you want on a HUD or in graphs or whatever. I should have gotten one long ago. A lot of players use them, I dunno exact #'s tho. Anyone who multitables most likely uses one, as well as many other players.

P

PokerBrat010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This post doesnt help much ad doest show you how to fully use the HUD ad what the stats mean.

M

mexican

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker tracker

There never really is a true way to really improve your play..........What I mean by this is that one can never control the outcome of the sequence of cards.....

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why isn't there any information on PokerOffice here?

Probably because this is the "PokerTracker Reference Thread" not the "PokerOffice Reference Thread".

Sorry I know this thread was started awhile ago and these are from last year but I couldn't stop laughing at work. Maybe I'm just going semi-psychotic due to my tech support job.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker tracker can help your play. examples...

i noticed that i was losing a lot with AJo in EP. so i stopped playin AJo in early position unless im at a nitty table. and i wont call a nitty players 3 bet with AJo cause i lose money that way. by using HH's and replaying the hands u lost with u see a pattern in how you played your big losing hands.

it also tells u how much u win or lose in certain positions which can be very enlightening. youd be surrprised how much u win from the button and how much you can lose from the BB/SB.

and thats to name a few.

1 question i have(someone also asked it but got no response), maybe someone can help me. how does the BB/100 hands work. ive noticed that BB doesnt mean Big Blinds. so Big Bets then??? and what is a Big Bet exactly?

M

myragswinlol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im new to online poker and everything that I read is saying that pokertrackers are the best way to go to gain info and track stats. Whats the best one that is MAC friendly??

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 question i have(someone also asked it but got no response), maybe someone can help me. how does the BB/100 hands work. ive noticed that BB doesnt mean Big Blinds. so Big Bets then??? and what is a Big Bet exactly?

I think it refers to Limit, where Big Bets are 2x the big blind.
In NLHE a Big Bet is 2x the big blind.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This post doesnt help much ad doest show you how to fully use the HUD ad what the stats mean.

This thread wasn't intended to tell you how to use the HUD or tell you what every stat meant, it was mainly intended to give a reference to links, posted here or elsewhere, to common questions that people ask all of the time on here about PT. Also, if you have a question, just ask it here. As far as you wanting to know what the stats mean, you can check out my guide for Tracking Software stats. It says it's for HEM, but realistically, they both have about the same stats. Tracking Software Stat Guide

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys

I want a "donk bet flop" statistic. I found one on PTs site and imported it but i can't get it to show up in my HUD(yes i did the configure HUD thing and put it under the Flop Popup)

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly, some of the links in the OP don't seem to be functional anymore. I'm wondering if anyone has some links to threads with good reports/filters for analyzing your own play? Just kind of wondering what good places to start are, daunting thing to approach cold.

For instance, is it worth it to get that $20 guide?

DonkyKilla1

DonkyKilla1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to online poker done ok in the cash side and won a few tournaments... I have read some about this holdem manager..... iwhat does it do that makes it worth having??? I don't mind the 55 bucks at all just currious

W

wetyeti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All sorts of pt3 issues

I am not a cpu savvy fella so I hope someone can shed a bit of light..

In tourneys my HUD is not coming up. In cash it comes up but does not update as villains play.
My auto import does not come up either. When I open pt3 the import status box gives the time of opening pt3 but does not continue. If i close pt3 and reopen it, it updates to the time opened again but not constantly.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently have pokertracker 3 and I love it. A lot of people say that hem ( however it's spelt) is better then pt3. If anyone knows which one is better could they please tell me please

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem Manager is better.

Actually it is going to be all up to personal preference. I would check them both out and decide for yourself.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Tracking software probably IS cheating. Whatever would not be allowed at a real time table shouldn't be allowed at online tables I guess. Sadly, I just downloaded Holdem Manager (15 day trial). I'm violating my own rules of fair play. There are several ways that I could rationalize this. Most notably, HM did not stop my A high Q kicker from getting beat by A high J kicker (all-in).

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Tracking software probably IS cheating. Whatever would not be allowed at a real time table shouldn't be allowed at online tables I guess. Sadly, I just downloaded Holdem Manager (15 day trial). I'm violating my own rules of fair play. There are several ways that I could rationalize this. Most notably, HM did not stop my A high Q kicker from getting beat by A high J kicker (all-in).

So being able to use the internet, your cell phone, watch TV, play Rush poker etc., etc. should be banned from internet poker, because you can't do that at a live table either, but I'm pretty sure the majority of online poker players have done at least one, if not all. Online poker is a lot different than live poker, therefore there are different acceptable policies for each. Everyone has the opportunity to use software like HEM or PT3, whether they decide to take advantage of the wealth of information available to them or not is their own fault.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aah ... the rationalization I referred to earlier. You have a point, but your annoyed tone tells me that whatever you personally choose to do should be morally acceptable because, ... well ... it's easier that way.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not annoyed, just trying to prove a point. I started out playing live poker just like many of the people who are playing online. I'm not saying that you were really arguing one way or another, I was just defending against what has been argued about thousands of times before ;)

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide