Official PokerTracker Support Thread

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT4 HUD/hand retrieval isn't working with Carbon AGAIN. Any news?

We don't know of any issues that affect Merge Network if you start at a new table with PokerTracker 4 starting a new session if you are using the latest PokerTracker version 4.11.11. But we have a few reports who have come across "can't find start of hand" errors while playing at Merge. It happens when you play a session and the hand history file is not moved before you rejoin the same table later. This occurs because Merge reuses the same hand history file and presumably something about starting to write the new session to the existing file causes a mismatch in data. If/when this occurs you can re-import the hand history file to attempt to import the hands from the session, to do that you must first stop importing and then manually import.

A simpler way of explaining this is that a user plays some hands at a table, leaves the table and comes back later without the hand history file being moved then hands at that table won't import properly (until such time as the file is moved and recreated). Now that you know what will cause the problem, you know how to avoid it in the future until a solution is found.

Last edited:
BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That wasn't it, but thank you for responding. It's just like the last time when Carbon changed their HH layouts; there was no interaction at all between the 2 programs, it seemed. It honestly seemed like Carbon wasn't saving my HH or something. It's not gonna matter anymore, but I'm surprised that nobody else is experiencing it. I thought it was going to be network-wide like last time as it truly seemed exactly the same.

I'm not going to make a support ticket, but if anything comes up, I'll be checking in. Like I said, it doesn't matter for me any longer.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too get the 'Can't find start of hand' error.

I stop importing and then restart importing and it seems to solve the issue. PT4 then re-imports those failed hands, and they show as duplicates but not as errors.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I cannot get PT to link with poker site such as Carbon...maybe download isn't complete? IDK, but I am not going to 'read a book' to figure out how ... process should be easier. I did the configuration thing with sites etc. I was going to try the trial version before buying the full version, but if I cannot get the trial version to work, why should I buy the full version? Here is latest correspondence with PT Spt:

PokerTracker Support
You can view this full conversation here:

Support Ticket #157066
Submitted By: bullishwwd [xxx@xxxxxxxxx]
Submitted: Sep 19, 2014 1:20PM
Category: Installation / Configuration
Support Messages
Message left on Sep 19, 2014 1:36PM
Hi Wallace

please refer to our site configuration guide. Without further information on where you play I cannot be more specific but please check your poker site(s) are configured correctly with PokerTracker 4. Please note that if you are playing a Fast Poker variant such as Zoom Poker, Rush Poker e.t.c then this needs to be enabled in PokerTracker 4 for the HUD to show.

Last edited by a moderator:
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too get the 'Can't find start of hand' error.

I stop importing and then restart importing and it seems to solve the issue. PT4 then re-imports those failed hands, and they show as duplicates but not as errors.

These hands should not appear as duplicates, a duplicate is only possible if there were no hand errors. I think what is occurring is that you may be fixing the problem via manual importing first, then they are imported using our automated import?

If you want us to look into this, we would be happy to - just create a support ticket and attach some of the sample hands for us to review.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot get PT to link with poker site such as Carbon...maybe download isn't complete?

If PokerTracker is running, then the entire application has been downloaded. It is impossible to only partially install. The process is calling "Configuring", not linking. There is no link between PokerTracker 4 and your online poker room, when you configure the "site" you
1) Make sure that hand histories are saved in the online poker room site (some sites do this automatically)
2) Configure PokerTracker 4 to know where these hand histories are located
3) Configure PokerTracker 4 and the site you are playing at for any preferred seating options
4) Start importing

It really is that easy... there are quite a few steps you may have to take and each poker site is different, but once you accomplish the configuration you will see how simple this is in hindsight.

IDK, but I am not going to 'read a book' to figure out how ... process should be easier. I did the configuration thing with sites etc. I was going to try the trial version before buying the full version, but if I cannot get the trial version to work, why should I buy the full version? Here is latest correspondence with PT Spt:

PokerTracker Support
You can view this full conversation here:

Support Ticket #157066
Submitted By: bullishwwd [xxx@xxxxxxxxx]
Submitted: Sep 19, 2014 1:20PM
Category: Installation / Configuration
Support Messages
Message left on Sep 19, 2014 1:36PM
Hi Wallace

please refer to our site configuration guide. Without further information on where you play I cannot be more specific but please check your Poker Site(s) are configured correctly with PokerTracker 4. Please note that if you are playing a Fast Poker variant such as Zoom Poker, Rush Poker e.t.c then this needs to be enabled in PokerTracker 4 for the HUD to show.

We did not ask you to read a book, we only asked you to read a simple 3 page guide to configuring PokerTracker 4 to use the Merge Network, which Carbon Poker is a skin of. Our support answer was correct, everything you were told would have been the same instructions that we would have told you if you posted in this thread first. The process is as easy as we can feasibly make it be for a statistical analysis tool such as PokerTracker that supports many online poker rooms which each have their own unique sets of quirks and needs; the majority of our users do not speak English natively yet they appear to have very few problems understanding the translations of our Site Configuration guides.

The Merge Site Configuration guide is found here: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/site-configuration/merge-configuration-guide

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokertracker 4 trial version issue

I am using the trial version and planning to buy the full version but I encounter this issue.

HUD is not updating for 1 table and the othe table doesn't have HUD stats. See attached file.

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am using the trial version and planning to buy the full version but I encounter this issue.

HUD is not updating for 1 table and the othe table doesn't have HUD stats. See attached file.

I can't attach the file but this is 6-max tables in cash games.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a minimum before we can help, we would need to know the site you are playing on, and the type of cash game. Is this a 6 max or full ring game? Standard or fast poker? Have you contacted our support team at PokerTracker.com?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where Does PT4 Store Processed Hands

Where does PT4 store processed hands? I want to run all the hands where it shows 'Can't find start of hand' back thru.

Th PT4 in programs files has no processed folder, and it isn't using the one in my PT3. There is nothing in postgres folder.

I'm stumped.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Configure > Sites & Import Options -> preferences > Processed Files -> Move Processed Files To. All your hands

In PostgresSQL stored only database...

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found and imported from disk some hands from our FR at Carbon last night where after 6 hands I noticed that the hand count was not increasing. OK, it was a while later, like 34 hands later. I stopped importing at that point and started it again, and caught the rest of the hands I played.

I could notice no problems in the processed file, but it is not easy to read thru. XML format, not a nice easy to read text file. I imported them again and got the 6 duplicates, but no other error.

I have too many hands to be sure the hands that were not processed (according to the PT4 basic action page) originally were processed when I did the above. But there was no error reported in this re-import.

This was not a first time thing. Been going on since the last Carbon changes, and the PT4 update to accommodate those changes.

One or the other has the hiccups.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found and imported from disk some hands from our FR at Carbon last night where after 6 hands I noticed that the hand count was not increasing. OK, it was a while later, like 34 hands later. I stopped importing at that point and started it again, and caught the rest of the hands I played.

I could notice no problems in the processed file, but it is not easy to read thru. XML format, not a nice easy to read text file. I imported them again and got the 6 duplicates, but no other error.

I have too many hands to be sure the hands that were not processed (according to the PT4 basic action page) originally were processed when I did the above. But there was no error reported in this re-import.

This was not a first time thing. Been going on since the last Carbon changes, and the PT4 update to accommodate those changes.

One or the other has the hiccups.

There is a known bug with Merge Network hand histories which we are addressing in the next release, as a temporary workaround if you see an "end of hand" error message in Play Poker > Import Status then you should re-import those hands again. We have been testing the next release for some time, this is a major point release therefore we have no insight as to when it will be ready.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ran into a problem with pokerstars.

PT4 in the configuration for PokerStars displays the following msg in red font: PokerStars is not configured to save hand histories to disk.

I had just moved to the current version of PS7. I had a beta version and the old PS6 both on the computer. Then received an e-mail that on Oct 22nd older Beta versions will be discontinued. I checked and I had an older version so I proceeded to uninstall the Beta I had and the old version - and installed fresh the version as advised.

I have checked and updated all the various settings in the new installation - including the "save my hand history". The box is checked folder is indicated where to have data saved. I even went and checked the folder and the data IS there.

The only thing that is "weird" is that although I have uninstalled the older versions, they did leave behind some file folders with a few items in it, and I don't seem to be able to delete those folders. I wonder if they are confusing PT4? and if so - how can I overcome this problem?

PS. Of course I did put in with the browser the correct path for the data location - but does not seem to work.

Last edited:
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ran into a problem with PokerStars.

PT4 in the configuration for PokerStars displays the following msg in red font: PokerStars is not configured to save hand histories to disk.

I had just moved to the current version of PS7. I had a beta version and the old PS6 both on the computer. Then received an e-mail that on Oct 22nd older Beta versions will be discontinued. I checked and I had an older version so I proceeded to uninstall the Beta I had and the old version - and installed fresh the version as advised.

I have checked and updated all the various settings in the new installation - including the "save my hand history". The box is checked folder is indicated where to have data saved. I even went and checked the folder and the data IS there.

The only thing that is "weird" is that although I have uninstalled the older versions, they did leave behind some file folders with a few items in it, and I don't seem to be able to delete those folders. I wonder if they are confusing PT4? and if so - how can I overcome this problem?

PS. Of course I did put in with the browser the correct path for the data location - but does not seem to work.

Uninstall all copies of PokerStars. Restart your computer. Start PokerTracker 4, delete the hand history locations stored in the PT4 preferences. Download and install PokerStars, select the Options to store your hand histories and tournament summaries - note the location ( a screen capture helps). Start PokerTracker 4 and attempt to detect the location of the hand history and tournament summary files. This should solve your problem, but if it does not your backup plan is to manually enter in the hand history and tournament summary folders we noted earlier if they cannot be detected.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uninstall all copies of PokerStars. Restart your computer. Start PokerTracker 4, delete the hand history locations stored in the PT4 preferences. Download and install PokerStars, select the Options to store your hand histories and tournament summaries - note the location ( a screen capture helps). Start PokerTracker 4 and attempt to detect the location of the hand history and tournament summary files. This should solve your problem, but if it does not your backup plan is to manually enter in the hand history and tournament summary folders we noted earlier if they cannot be detected.

Thanks for responding so quick. I did follow the instructions, but unfortunately the same problem persists. :( PT4 does not "see" PokerStars.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for responding so quick. I did follow the instructions, but unfortunately the same problem persists. :( PT4 does not "see" PokerStars.

Please review our prior email again, part of the advice was to show you how to manually enter in the folder in PokerTracker 4. There are some rare situations where your PokerStars configuration cannot be found automatically, when that occurs our users must manually enter the folders.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please review our prior email again, part of the advice was to show you how to manually enter in the folder in PokerTracker 4. There are some rare situations where your PokerStars configuration cannot be found automatically, when that occurs our users must manually enter the folders.

Thank you very much for your response - and yes I did enter the folder using the "add" button. It did not work. Then had closed and opened the programs (just normak activity) and at some point I noticed PT4 suddenly started working... Strange thing - I went to look at the configuration, and I am posting here what it looks like... but it is working for the most part (except the zoom - which I have not addressed yet - see msg as well)

I have some other questions not huge things - I just probably don't see some obvious setting error I made - but I will mention it here:

1. Is there a way to see the recent hands as oposed to "today's" hands. After midnight I lose from the window all the hands I just played :(

2. For some reason I cannot see under MY HANDS the tournament hands (was able to before) can see only the cash and zoom hands, but I can see the tourney hands under the HANDS SUMMARY button!?

Attachments

• PT4-PS.jpg
    PT4-PS.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 69
  • PT4-msg.jpg
    PT4-msg.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 69
  • PT4-today.jpg
    PT4-today.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 69
  • PT4-Hands.jpg
    PT4-Hands.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 69
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for your response - and yes I did enter the folder using the "add" button. It did not work.

We explained earlier that if you manually add the folder, PokerTracker will recognize that folder even though the application thinks PokerStars is not configured to save hand histories to the disk. You can ignore that warning message if you manually configure the folders.

Then had closed and opened the programs (just normak activity) and at some point I noticed PT4 suddenly started working... Strange thing - I went to look at the configuration, and I am posting here what it looks like... but it is working for the most part (except the zoom - which I have not addressed yet - see msg as well)

Zoom requires that you follow the specific startup order, as explained in the guide we provided. Also it appears that your antivirus software may have deleted the file needed to run the Zoom HUD, please uninstall your antivirus application then download and run the latest PokerTracker 4 installer to replace this file. We suggest you notify your antivirus software provider that it accidentally deleted a part of the PokerTracker application by tagging the pokerstars configuration file as a "false positive".

1. Is there a way to see the recent hands as oposed to "today's" hands. After midnight I lose from the window all the hands I just played :(

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/configure-reporting-options#reporting-options

Please configure "My Day Starts At", we recommend setting this to 5 or 6 am for the needs of most players.

Also consider using the other reports in PokerTracker in conjunction with the date and time filters if you need to further refine the time frame:

2014-10-15_13-57-30.png

2. For some reason I cannot see under MY HANDS the tournament hands (was able to before) can see only the cash and zoom hands, but I can see the tourney hands under the HANDS SUMMARY button!?

This is because PokerTracker wasn't designed to be displayed in such a small window, if the application is grown you will find the buttons needed to switch between Cash Games and Tournaments as shown below.

2014-10-15_13-56-22.png

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THANK YOU - very very much for the detailed answers.
It is PERFECT!
TYVMIzER0.png

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats M shows for last hand , so it should ?

How do to show for the current hand , because when getting new blinds, counts the number M of incorrectly..

With stats BB , the same problem shows for last hand, but need current...

Last edited:
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stats M shows for last hand , so it should ?

How do to show for the current hand , because when getting new blinds, counts the number M of incorrectly..

With stats BB , the same problem shows for last hand, but need current...

PokerTracker gets its data from the hand histories provided by your online poker room. The poker room does not provide a live feed of changes that occur as the hand proceeds, therefore the tracker and the HUD can only display information from the end of the prior hand.

Last edited:
TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT4 Messed up with Stars UK update?!

Hey guys, i live in the UK and so had to upgrade to the stars uk software... only when i did, PT4 stopped tracking hands.. and the old folder with all my old hands and stats in, appears to have gone? Ive created a new folder but now have no stats or saved files...

Is there a way to re import all this info from stars or not? Also, has anyone else had this problem?

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide