Official PokerTracker Support Thread

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker does not provide this option, and neither does any of our competitors...

Are we not talking about what HM2 offers with "vs Hero" stats? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the request, but it seems the same?

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's more Hero vs. Villain that we're looking for. So, at a 6-handed table, each player's HUD might have a pop-up that shows HERO's VP/PF/3b in hands played against each villain just as the main HUD shows each villain's VP/PF/3b etc. in hands played vs. Hero.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we not talking about what HM2 offers with "vs Hero" stats? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the request, but it seems the same?

I was more looking for totals over my sample with each opponent. i.e, I sit at a table with 5 people with varying samples, and on each of their huds, i have a pop up which shows my stats in the sample of hands used to create their stats. I really don't get how this is only for HU games or how this would change with 6 handed/full ring play.

but since its a no go ill leave it at that.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was more looking for totals over my sample with each opponent. i.e, I sit at a table with 5 people with varying samples, and on each of their huds, i have a pop up which shows my stats in the sample of hands used to create their stats. I really don't get how this is only for HU games or how this would change with 6 handed/full ring play.

+1 Didn't mean to extend it so much, just had thought of the same thing before and wasn't able to articulate it.

S

soonerisaacs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HELP

Bought the program but cant get to work

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Okay, I guess maybe I'm being thick. :eek:

I don't pay much attention to vs Hero stats in HM2 so don't claim to be that knowledgeable about them, but it still sounds like what you're talking about to me. It allows you to add stats to their HUD/popup that show how they play against you, apart from everyone else.

For example, the sections marked 4 and 5 in the below HM2 popups show 3bet and Steal stats on villain vs everyone and vs hero only (there are a number of other vs Hero stats available as well):

popup_preflop.png

popup_steal.png

Here's an article previewing an early internal release of PT4 that discusses why they dropped vs Hero stats in PT4. Yes, PT3 actually had them (I didn't remember that). Also here's a PT4 support forum post arguing for the feature ala HM2. PT makes compelling arguments (I guess) for why they're useless, but HM2 users really seem to like them.

Again, maybe not exactly what you're wanting though, and we don't have to keep rehashing it here since it's PT's thread and they don't want to discuss it further.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, I downloaded the newest version, but I still cannot get the HUD to work.

i've used set up assistant, and reconfigure for sites.

i've looked on Carbon for where the hand histories are kept, and it seems to be the same place that I've got selected in PT4.

other ideas? I am really not great with computers, so I am probably overlooking something very simple and stupid.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@dmorris: Pretty sure duggs doesn't want "vs Hero stats." He wants to see his own stats from each villain's perspective.

The reason "vs Hero" stats don't work is because sample sizes are almost always pitifully small, and people would always over- and mis-interpret them.

What duggs wants is more of a "reverse HUD." If we have X hands against villain, we see all his stats over those exact hands, just like he sees our stats over those SAME hands. So it shouldn't be that hard to show the hero's stats right alongside the villain's.

I actually really like the idea and have thought about it in the past. Yeah, our stats converge in the long-run (if our play doesn't change), but we don't really reach the long-run against all villains, and some villains may have notably different stats on us. Particularly in small samples, it would be helpful to know if villain has seen us run 32/25 over 200 hands as opposed to our lifetime 23/19 or whatever.

Edit: And btw, I couldn't get my HUD to work on Carbon either. Latest version of PT4, Mac running OSX Mavericks.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to find out the number of sit n gos you are most profitable at multi tabling while using pt4?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think not. But I don't have HM2, I have PT4 and this is the PT thread.

For simplicity, lets use HU (or ISO) situations; between us and any particular villain who also tracks, we should have identical stats for all the hands that went to showdown. Right? Well, sort of. For those hands that do go to showdown, the stats should be the same, but all those that never get to showdown still produce stats, and they may (or may not) be very different from our POV vs his POV.

The stats we currently get are our own lifetime, or perhaps session stats, but they may be polluted in the sense that they include all stats against all players, and all we want to deal with is our stats against that particular player. But what we really want is to see what that player is seeing in their stat windows as he plays against us. It doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to calculate and display an alternate HUD as if we were the villain looking at us.

So it is sort of like Villain vs Hero, but we get to see what Villain sees in his HUD. Stuff like, How often do I fold to his 3bet on the turn?

It would probably be good to separate this discussion out of this thread where it could be parsed to death until we had a good description of what it is we been talking about and desiring.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did find the info that you provided for how to get the HUD to work in iPoker for "speed Poker". The 4 steps* in the right order - work WONDERFUL.

HOWEVER - for some reason - I was not able to get the HUD to work today in MTT. Is there some specific trick to that too?

* In case anyone else is struggling with it - there is a specific order for logging in that will work:
1 - Open PT4
2 - Open Ipoker
3 - Get hands while playing (PT4)
4 - Select a table in iPoker
It works every time - but did not work for MTT

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Vs Hero is not the same as what he is requesting. He is asking for a reverse HUD, something that none of the online poker tracking companies provide. We know exactly what he is asking for.

Here's an article previewing an early internal release of PT4 that discusses why they dropped vs Hero stats in PT4. Yes, PT3 actually had them (I didn't remember that). Also here's a PT4 support forum post arguing for the feature ala HM2. PT makes compelling arguments (I guess) for why they're useless, but HM2 users really seem to like them.

Again, maybe not exactly what you're wanting though, and we don't have to keep rehashing it here since it's PT's thread and they don't want to discuss it further.
To clarify, we did not have Vs Hero stats in PT3 either, and the article is accurate about the flaws in Vs Hero stats. Instead we advise using Vs Hero NOTES - create autonotes in NoteTracker that records the players actions, while the opponent is the HERO (Using the Opponent filter in NoteTracker, the add a filter for Player is HERO).

Our philosophy is simple. We provide Vs Hero notes, we do not provide Vs Hero stats or Reverse HUD. HM2 provides Vs Hero stats and if you purchase third party add-ons, you can get some Vs Hero Note capability as well - but it is not as full featured as what we can filter for in NoteTracker. Like us, HM2 also does not provide a reverse HUD. Anyone who does not agree with our policies and research on the topic of Vs Hero Stats can either use our solution to create Vs Hero notes instead, or switch to HM2 which does provide Vs Hero stats even though they have fundamental flaws. If you disagree about our policies on reverse HUDs they you're just out of luck... nobody provides that and I doubt very much that will change.

@dmorris: Pretty sure duggs doesn't want "vs Hero stats." He wants to see his own stats from each villain's perspective.

The reason "vs Hero" stats don't work is because sample sizes are almost always pitifully small, and people would always over- and mis-interpret them.

What duggs wants is more of a "reverse HUD."

Correct, and correct.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i've looked on Carbon for where the hand histories are kept, and it seems to be the same place that I've got selected in PT4.

other ideas? I am really not great with computers, so I am probably overlooking something very simple and stupid.

Carbon is a skin on the Merge Poker Network. Merge recently changed their hand history formats numerous times in a 2 week period, the lastest change was this monday - it only affected tournaments. Cash games were unaffected. We put out a new PT4 update on Thursday the 31st to compensate for the changes made by Merge.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to find out the number of sit n gos you are most profitable at multi tabling while using pt4?

I honestly don't know if we can do that, I suspect we cannot because we do not measure sessions in the same way as we do in cash games. In PT4 a Tournament is the equivalent of a session.... sorry!

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did find the info that you provided for how to get the HUD to work in iPoker for "speed Poker". The 4 steps* in the right order - work WONDERFUL.

HOWEVER - for some reason - I was not able to get the HUD to work today in MTT. Is there some specific trick to that too?

* In case anyone else is struggling with it - there is a specific order for logging in that will work:
1 - Open PT4
2 - Open Ipoker
3 - Get hands while playing (PT4)
4 - Select a table in iPoker
It works every time - but did not work for MTT

We cannot duplicate your issue, we just tested an On Tap MTT and the HUD worked as expected. Can you please create a support ticket and attach the hand histories from the session you played where the HUD did not appear, along with the pokertracker4.log and pokertrackerhud4.log files from that session? We need this data to review what is occurring and advise you how to solve the problem. Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket.

W

Wickedonesin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
downloading PT4 update now. Carbon Tourney problem was very frustrating this week :(

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We cannot duplicate your issue, we just tested an On Tap MTT and the HUD worked as expected. Can you please create a support ticket and attach the hand histories from the session you played where the HUD did not appear, along with the pokertracker4.log and pokertrackerhud4.log files from that session? We need this data to review what is occurring and advise you how to solve the problem. Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket.

Thanks for checking for me. For one thing really not sure what to say. I played an MTT today and HUD worked just fine! Last time - it just would not kick in. I have restarted iPoker, Have restarted PT4 etc - it just would not work. Unfortunately, should it happen again, I do not know how to find the files you are talking about. So will just hope it works. Also I have yet to download the newest version, as Norton is giving me trouble. But will get around that.
So thanks but not much can be done for now.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I have a question

I have customized setting PT4 notes,
think after several 100K hands, the notes look a lot longer, any ideas, how to selective delete some notes, I mean, I organized some notes and want to delete the PT4 record.

thank you in advance.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

FYI: The 2nd update fixed it just fine. the first update did not.

thanks!

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
downloading PT4 update now. Carbon Tourney problem was very frustrating this week :(

FYI: The 2nd update fixed it just fine. the first update did not.

thanks!

We warned users in this forum that we expected more changes from Merge which would break support before we put out 4.11.10. After we put out 4.11.10 Merge rolled out the additional change we predicted, which required yet another release (4.11.11). Nothing we can do to improve this situation, when Merge recently put out their client update there were some bugs in the hand history that we found - we worked with Merge to notify them about these bugs so they could get those bugs fixed, but as there fixes rolled out we would of course have to put out new releases to compensate for the fixes. These things take time, its the nature of the beast.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for checking for me. For one thing really not sure what to say. I played an MTT today and HUD worked just fine! Last time - it just would not kick in. I have restarted iPoker, Have restarted PT4 etc - it just would not work. Unfortunately, should it happen again, I do not know how to find the files you are talking about. So will just hope it works. Also I have yet to download the newest version, as Norton is giving me trouble. But will get around that.
So thanks but not much can be done for now.

Sounds as if there was a malformed hand history that caused this problem, perhaps the hand history name did not match the table name. We can help you solve that, but we would need to see the original hand history and a screen capture of the table to accomplish our goal.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I have a question

I have customized setting PT4 notes,
think after several 100K hands, the notes look a lot longer, any ideas, how to selective delete some notes, I mean, I organized some notes and want to delete the PT4 record.

thank you in advance.

NoteTracker Autonotes are written on the fly as you import hands. The more notes you create, the slower the import per hand. Each note requires a filter to be performed, each filter adds time to the import process - usually only a few milliseconds but if you have 100+ note definitions to scrub through and process then a few milliseconds accumulates quickly.

For help please see our Guide: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/notetracker

You cannot delete a single note, you must delete all notes and then rebuild your NoteTracker notes. Info on how to do this is in the guide.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone having issues with the pt4 hud on ftp rush tables?

Just sat to a table and have been there for a while now but still no hud, hh's are being picked up in the database fine it seems but just the hud.

i do have it turned on and know it worked sometime in the past but it has been a while since i played rush on ftp.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide