Official PokerTracker Support Thread

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have already answered this question about the UK here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...acker-support-thread-216564/post-2492359.html

and here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...acker-support-thread-216564/post-2498771.html

These two posts were right above yours.

PokerStars.UK is a brand new poker client, you must configure this new client to get it to work with PokerTracker 4. It uses different folders from PokerStars.com.

I cannot retrieve the hands played before updating PT. For some reason PT isn't recognising any previous play. I don't know if this is because pokerstars changed the folder that hand history was being saved to automatically. When I try to revert PT to the previous folder and search for hands it says there is no such folder.

It is really important that I get the history on these hands back in my database.

Thanks

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does your pt4 track correct result sof time tournments?

I am sorry, but the person responding to your post on behalf of PokerTracker does not know what "sof" means. We can answer your question if you tell us the network you are playing at, along with the tournament type.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, but havn't played them since i fixed the fact that my pt4 wasn't importing my tourny summaries so not sure if would still be an issue or not.

I'm sorry, we could not determine what topic you were responding to, please elaborate.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot retrieve the hands played before updating PT. For some reason PT isn't recognising any previous play. I don't know if this is because PokerStars changed the folder that hand history was being saved to automatically. When I try to revert PT to the previous folder and search for hands it says there is no such folder.

It is really important that I get the history on these hands back in my database.

Thanks

Contact PokerStars to ask for help. Pokerstars.UK is a new application with new folders, you will need to speak with Stars to get copies of your old hand histories played before you installed PokerStars.uk. This is a PokerStars issue, not a PokerTracker 4 issue - our job is to be compliant with their software, but we cannot find hands if they do not exist after PokerStars.UK was installed.

Last edited:
BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sorry, but the person responding to your post on behalf of PokerTracker does not know what "sof" means. We can answer your question if you tell us the network you are playing at, along with the tournament type.
Lol

Couldn't figure out that it's "results of" as opposed to "result sof"

Ready to ditch PT4 simply due to the condescending nature of this respondent here and in prior posts.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm sorry, we could not determine what topic you were responding to, please elaborate.

It was regarding the above.......btw these responses sound like a robot lol.

Its pokerstars, the timed mtt's, like 15min timed games, or 30min timed games where payouts are determined based on the amount of chips you have when the time limit is up.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Contact PokerStars to ask for help. Pokerstars.UK is a new application with new folders, you will need to speak with Stars to get copies of your old hand histories played before you installed PokerStars.uk. This is a PokerStars issue, not a PokerTracker 4 issue - our job is to be compliant with their software, but we cannot find hands if they do not exist after PokerStars.UK was installed.

The hands were played on the new PokerStars.UK system. For some reason they aren't being retrieved by PT. This was before I had configured PT to the new system. I will contact PokerStars.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hands were played on the new PokerStars.UK system. For some reason they aren't being retrieved by PT. This was before I had configured PT to the new system. I will contact PokerStars.

Sounds like you did not have the option enabled to save hand histories in the new UK client initially. Contacting Stars is your only solution, good luck!

TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars changed where it saves hands, go into stars history and see where it's saving them.. Copy paste into PT4 so it can find new hands. Done! :)

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you did not have the option enabled to save hand histories in the new UK client initially. Contacting Stars is your only solution, good luck!

Thank you.

Now I have the transcript for the hands that I need, how would I go about inputting these into PokerTracker?

Edit: All sorted, managed to input them. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker 4.12.1 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Release Notes - November 26, 2014

Changed:
  • Equity Calculator: Range Selector: Omaha wildcards A2** is now read as A2-any-any
  • Networking: Change the default protocol used to transmit data via SSL connections to ‘TLSv1_2’
  • Site: PokerStars: Include support for launching PokerStars UK in OS X
  • TableTracker: PokerStars: Include support for €0.05 PL tables
Fixed
  • Import: 888: A cancelled hand will no longer be triggered as an “error” during import *
  • Import: 888: Fix import of hands that could not be imported when expected player in the Big Blind sits out, and next player posts Big Blind instead *
  • Import: GTECH: Fix calculation of profit during cash game import caused by improvements made in PT4.12 *
  • Import: GTECH: Address an import error that occurred in select hands with straddles and no action *
  • Import: iPoker: Fix import error that caused an over bet to be split when there are 2 all-ins *
  • Import: PokerStars: Address bug which affected hand importing while a Dead Small blind was in play *
  • Import: PokerStars: Address a scenario that can occur where Tournament Summaries are not processed during Auto Import *
  • Import: PokerStars: Fixed tournament summary import for Spin & Go games *
  • Import: WPN Text: Improve support for jackpot syntax in Omaha hands *
  • HUD: PokerStars: Improved player detection at PokerStars.es and PokerStars.fr
  • HUD: Fix layout sizing when using PNG icons in custom coded stats
  • Currency: Address issues that can occur when setting currency conversion to very small non-zero values
  • Equity Calculator: fix to allow “Sel > Select Range” to display the proper range when a hand is typed in without suits, suitedness, or “+” such as “K9” instead of “K9o”, “K9s”, or “K9+”
  • Filters: Address query errors in the ‘Last X Tournaments’ sidebar filter
  • Filters: Edit Tournament Results: Stop duplicate lines from appearing in the Hands report when ‘Most recent X hands’ is set to anything other than 'all hands’
  • GUI: OSX: Focus has been reassigned to the search box in the Statistics window
  • GUI: Setup Assist: Change the text displayed from "Poker Stars" to "PokerStars" in the Setup Assistant preferred seating and zoom options
  • ICM: Improved precision for 3+way ICM net adjusted winnings results
  • ICM: ICM will now use the prize pool for "lottery" tournaments
  • Reports: Fix query errors when drilling down into the ‘Statistics > Summary > Group by: Buy-in’ report for tournaments, and also the ‘Statistics > Summary > Group by: Buy ins’ report when displaying the currency Kr
  • Reports: Fix issues that could occur when players have an apostrophe in their screen name
  • Stats: Address calculation error found in the ‘5Bet+ Preflop’ stat which accidentally counted some hands as actions without an opportunity, this error occurred only when a player calls a 3Bet and then later raises
  • Stats: Positional stats: Address situations where "case else 0" in positional stats can generate incorrect data if the function in question is average (avg)
  • Stats: Improved the columns ‘cnt_p_rfi_btn’ & ‘cnt_p_rfi_ep’ to test for open opportunity *
  • TableTracker: PokerStars : Improve country-specific application configuration
  • TableTracker: PokerStars : Fix table opening
  • Tournament Detection: Assure "Unknown Finish" checkbox options are applied

Additional Notes:
* This update will only affect newly imported hands, to apply this change retroactively please re-import any hand that would be affected by this issue. We do not advise reimporting your database unless it is absolutely necessary for compliance.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's something I would love to see.

Under tools, an easy filter to display all my recent bust out hands from the tourneys I collect. NOT site related. An option in that filter might be to see the big hands that crippled me before that final bust out hand.

As it sits now, I have to find the tourney first, which IS site specific, then weed thru the hundreds of hands that made little matter to find the few hands I want to review.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Under tools, an easy filter to display all my recent bust out hands from the tourneys I collect. NOT site related. An option in that filter might be to see the big hands that crippled me before that final bust out hand.

As it sits now, I have to find the tourney first, which IS site specific, then weed thru the hundreds of hands that made little matter to find the few hands I want to review.
Sort by pot size?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The Tournament Bust Out Hands report is available in the Download Warehouse . This report displays a list all hands played where the Active Player "busted out" of the tournament. It includes all final hands, if you want to see only the hands where the Active Player lost you can add a filter for Hand Details > Win/Loss > Player Lost Hand - you can save that filter in the report if you wish to use this option.

TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, Im looking to post a hand (cash) that i played yesterday, but as its past midnight, i can only find 'view todays hands', I know im being dumb and there is an easy solution to this, but I cant think much after a long session...

Thanks in advance guys..

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, Im looking to post a hand (cash) that i played yesterday, but as its past midnight, i can only find 'view todays hands', I know im being dumb and there is an easy solution to this, but I cant think much after a long session...

Thanks in advance guys..

View Today's Hands is just one of many reports we have in PokerTracker. We suggest you select Stats > Overview Report > By Date and drill down to the session you are looking for.

Additionally if you frequently play past midnight, you may wish to modify your Reporting options - https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/configure-reporting-options#reporting-options

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, have a potentially stupid question.

I have upgraded my laptop, i have moved a part of my database across but haven't exported it as a whole database i preferred to just export the hands i wanted and imported them into a new database, which is working great and I'm loving it.

is there a way to copy across my manually written notes without doubling up all the auto notes that I don't need to copy across?

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last few days Pokerstars started freezing on me.
First just a few times, but then during a SNG - several times!
I contacted support, gave them the details of the game I was in and asked for help.
Please see below the response I received.
Are you aware of any work being done to fix this problem? And when can we expect a fix?

Thank you very much

Thank you for your email and we are sorry that you are experiencing these issues.

Our development team has looked extensively into the reports from players and it appears that the issues are caused by third party tools that you may have, such as PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager.

To eliminate the issue please shut down PokerStars and any third party tools, restart your machine, and make sure no third party tools start with Windows, and then start PokerStars without any third party tool.

It appears that once the issue has started, shutting down third party tools does not resolve it -- it's a machine restart without ever starting a third party tool that seems to resolve it.

Please rest assured that we have contacted the management teams at PokerTracker and Hold'em Manager to let them know there is a problem. We would also ask that you please contact the vendor of those tools for further information.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and patience.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suggestion.

I play on 2 different systems. I only have PT4 on the one that can handle a heavy load.

So the suggestion is you provide a general folder where we can easily dump all hands from all supported rooms into merely by copying to/from a thumbdrive. Each time PT4 comes up, it scans that folder for new 'dumps'.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last few days Pokerstars started freezing on me.
First just a few times, but then during a SNG - several times!
I contacted support, gave them the details of the game I was in and asked for help.
Please see below the response I received.
Are you aware of any work being done to fix this problem? And when can we expect a fix?

Thank you very much

Thank you for your email and we are sorry that you are experiencing these issues.

Our development team has looked extensively into the reports from players and it appears that the issues are caused by third party tools that you may have, such as PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager.

To eliminate the issue please shut down PokerStars and any third party tools, restart your machine, and make sure no third party tools start with Windows, and then start PokerStars without any third party tool.

It appears that once the issue has started, shutting down third party tools does not resolve it -- it's a machine restart without ever starting a third party tool that seems to resolve it.

Please rest assured that we have contacted the management teams at PokerTracker and Hold'em Manager to let them know there is a problem. We would also ask that you please contact the vendor of those tools for further information.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and patience.

I was having the same problems. There is an update which solved the issue.

@ PT Since the fix I've encountered another issue. It seems my HUD will work in Zoom games up to 10NL, but not at 16NL/25NL. I haven't tried the regular tables and probably won't. Is there any knowledge about this problem?

(I'm using PT4 HL+OM pro)

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT and HM are working on a fix for this known issue

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ATTN PokerStars Players: Known Stability Issues

Last Week PokerStars released a new client update, unfortunately this update contained many changes to PokerStars that the PokerTracker developers at did not expect. Our team pushed a Zoom compatibility update to all PokerTracker 4 users, however this patch only solved part of the problem. We have been diligently working to find a solution, and have ben in communication with PokerStars regarding this matter; both companies hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours.

At this point we believe the problem has been isolated, and a solution is expected to be implemented on Friday January 23rd midday, GMT time. This solution will not require any changes other than a restart of both PokerTracker and PokerStars.

Although we have high hopes that the changes that are expected to roll out on Friday the 23rd will solve the problem that some users have experienced, we must also share that the solution is not guaranteed to work. In the event you experience problems while playing such as random freezes or slow data updates in the HUD, please notify us in this thread and provide support tickets containing your pokertracker4.log and pokertrackerhud4.log file so our staff can review the logs to determine the source of the issue.

We have determined that the problem caused by the incompatibilities between the newly released PokerStars client and PokerTracker 4 mainly affects Zoom 16NL and 25NL users, but all users who have the Zoom HUD enabled may or may not experience stability issues in the PokerStars client, and/or accuracy issues in the PokerTracker 4 HUD.

Temporarily until the solution is rolled out to all users tomorrow, we advise the following options.

If you do not intend to play at Zoom tables, we advise disabling the ZOOM HUD. In PokerTracker 4 select Configure > Site Configuration > PokerStars. Disable Memory Grabber and Zoom HUD. Select OK. Restart both PokerStars and PokerTracker 4.
If you wish to play Zoom tables, we advise you test by playing no more than one table until the new solution has been rolled out. Do not play at other tables at the same time, and restart PokerStars if you wish to open up any other game type besides Zoom.
Some users have commented about issues other than the ones caused by incompatibilities with the PokerTracker Zoom HUD. If you have disabled the Zoom HUD and experience table stalling, please contact PokerStars Support to notify them of your issue - at this time we do not believe this is caused by PokerTracker 4.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, but are happy to report that soon the compatibility issues caused by PokerTracker 4's Zoom support should be resolved, if our assumptions are correct then the steps we are advising to take are expected to only be needed as temporary solutions.

PS: All PokerTracker 4 users should be using 4.12.1 at this stage. If you are not using PokerTracker 4.12.1, we advise updating ASAP at https://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT4/download.php

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OFFICIAL POKERSTARS ZOOM SUPPORT UPDATE:

We are happy to report that The Zoom HUD at the 25NL stakes is now working as of Friday January 23rd. Please restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

We can also report that the problem remains for Zoom 16NL, users of the Zoom HUD at 16NL may experience HUD refresh delays and inaccurate data displayed due to incompatibilities with PokerStars at this time. At this point we recommend either changing stakes if you were previously a 16NL Zoom player, or you can disable the Zoom HUD in PokerTracker 4 by selecting Configure > Sites & Import Options > PokerStars and then uncheck the Zoom HUD box. Click OK to save your changes.

We will continue to provide updates as we learn more.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OFFICIAL POKERSTARS ZOOM SUPPORT UPDATE:

We are happy to report that The Zoom HUD at the 25NL AND 16NL stakes is now working as of Monday January 26th, we have confirmed this with PokerStars. Please restart your computer for the changes to take effect if issues continue to linger for you. The problem is now officially solved.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide