Official PokerTracker Support Thread

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Merge changed how the hand histories are written, PokerTracker is working on an update.

Correct

I'm assuming they just relocated the hand histories or something.

I used set up assistant twice but can't get the HUD to work.

ideas?

The hand history text changed, part of the change was intentional but another part of the change was a bug. We released an alpha that will partially fix the issue, but we are still waiting on one final fix from Merge. We are in communication with Merge, and expect a resolution early this week.

It has been several days since the update and PT has given no estimation as to a fix. I am surprised that they would allow this HH change to derail their program for this period of time.

Your assumption is incorrect. We have responded many times on this topic explaining what is occurring, and our estimates as to when the problem will be solved. We helped Merge catch the hand history bug when the change occurred, they fixed the first bug we found but this led to another issue which we expect Merge to fix early this coming week. Everyone involved is working quickly to implement the necessary fixes. In the meantime if you want to try our alpha release which is still in the testing stage, you can do so by visiting our website forum - because it is a pre-release alpha we have kept this release to our forums, it is not publicly available yet.

L

LBofNard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for clarifying that here. It would have been nice to have received this info in response to the support ticket I filed. Instead, you merely stated:

"I don't have a timeframe for that but as I say, when it's released you'll get the email."

That was a very open-ended statement -- especially now that we are going on a week without resolution. Maybe when there are software issues in the future, the same information can be shared in support tickets in addition to random chat sites so that those affected aren't required to scour the internet for this information.

Correct

The hand history text changed, part of the change was intentional but another part of the change was a bug. We released an alpha that will partially fix the issue, but we are still waiting on one final fix from Merge. We are in communication with Merge, and expect a resolution early this week.

Your assumption is incorrect. We have responded many times on this topic explaining what is occurring, and our estimates as to when the problem will be solved. We helped Merge catch the hand history bug when the change occurred, they fixed the first bug we found but this led to another issue which we expect Merge to fix early this coming week. Everyone involved is working quickly to implement the necessary fixes. In the meantime if you want to try our alpha release which is still in the testing stage, you can do so by visiting our website forum - because it is a pre-release alpha we have kept this release to our forums, it is not publicly available yet.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for clarifying that here. It would have been nice to have received this info in response to the support ticket I filed. Instead, you merely stated:

"I don't have a timeframe for that but as I say, when it's released you'll get the email."

That was a very open-ended statement -- especially now that we are going on a week without resolution. Maybe when there are software issues in the future, the same information can be shared in support tickets in addition to random chat sites so that those affected aren't required to scour the internet for this information.
+1

It would be nice if everyone in PT support were on the same page, but it is appreciated that we can get the info here. Of course, it was unfortunate for me to require reading it here as well. I certainly try to figure things out through support first so as to not distract from people here who are working through issues.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

+1

It would be nice if everyone in PT support were on the same page, but it is appreciated that we can get the info here. Of course, it was unfortunate for me to require reading it here as well. I certainly try to figure things out through support first so as to not distract from people here who are working through issues.

Our forum support team and our private support ticket team members are on the same page. Forums are public and therefore the responses are tailored to everyone and are very general, not just the person asking the question. We only answer between 10 and 25 forum questions a day - forum answers typically take between 30 minutes and 2 hours of our day, this is a fraction of my job responsibilities (StevenM is responding to this post). Support tickets are personal and therefore our responses are very specific, we respond to hundreds of support tickets every day and must complete each ticket as quickly as possible so other tickets can be answered quickly; our support ticket staff does nothing except help users via support tickets, our goal is to respond to each ticket within 24 hours but often there are so many questions that it takes 48 hours or more to get all of the answers for any one given day's new tickets. Since forums are just a fraction of my responsibilities I can afford to take the time to write out extensive answers to questions but the answers tend to be very general and not at all specific, in turn our support ticket reps crank out support answers that are very specific but also very short.

L

LBofNard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do appreciate your information here and I am not interested in telling your customer support department how to operate. That said, I think it would be wise to consider a mass email updating everyone who has opened a support ticket on this matter with the type of information that you shared here. The response to my ticket stated that I would be emailed when the updated program is available. Why not in the interim to keep the natives not so restless?

Our forum support team and our private support ticket team members are on the same page. Forums are public and therefore the responses are tailored to everyone and are very general, not just the person asking the question. We only answer between 10 and 25 forum questions a day - forum answers typically take between 30 minutes and 2 hours of our day, this is a fraction of my job responsibilities (StevenM is responding to this post). Support tickets are personal and therefore our responses are very specific, we respond to hundreds of support tickets every day and must complete each ticket as quickly as possible so other tickets can be answered quickly; our support ticket staff does nothing except help users via support tickets, our goal is to respond to each ticket within 24 hours but often there are so many questions that it takes 48 hours or more to get all of the answers for any one given day's new tickets. Since forums are just a fraction of my responsibilities I can afford to take the time to write out extensive answers to questions but the answers tend to be very general and not at all specific, in turn our support ticket reps crank out support answers that are very specific but also very short.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do appreciate your information here and I am not interested in telling your customer support department how to operate. That said, I think it would be wise to consider a mass email updating everyone who has opened a support ticket on this matter with the type of information that you shared here. The response to my ticket stated that I would be emailed when the updated program is available. Why not in the interim to keep the natives not so restless?

We tell the user that they encountered a bug and that there is nothing that can be done until we code a solution and put out a new release. We deal with customers who speak many different languages and come from different cultures from around the world - we have learned from experience that in support tickets that less is more. In the end what really matters is that we tell the user are working on a fix and he/she will be notified when the fix is ready. That user can still ask more questions if they like.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker 4.11.10 - AVAILABLE NOW

Release Notes - July 22 2014

Added:
  • HUD: PokerStars: Add HUD support for PokerStars 3-max tournaments[/*]
Fixed:
  • Import: Merge: Compensate for Merge poker client update changes to hand history formatting
  • Import: Merge: Incorporate the gametype code for Omaha Hi/Lo tourneys to compensate for the recent bug in the Merge hand history which accidentally removed the gametype text
  • Import: Merge: Compensate for the removal of the version attribute from the game tag which caused import errs
  • Import: Merge: Compensate for the 2nd Merge client update which returned the game type attributes
  • Import: Merge: Fixed auto-import halt after x hands bug
  • Import: PokerStars: Allow “Zoom” to be included in the hand history path without automatically tagging all hands as FAST
  • Import: PokerStars: Fix a bug that allowed summary imports of the new 3-max LOTTERY (Spin & Go) table type to incorrectly detect as BOUNTY
  • Import: Generic Summary: Prevent improperly formatted PokerTracker 3 Bounty Tournaments from importing with improper data
  • HUD partypoker: Fix table detection with MAJOR tournaments at Party.dk
  • HUD: Address issues with positional button stats & allow stat to use both position and has position flags at the same time
  • GUI: Move the Log Cache Update to a Debug menu accessible only by developers
  • GUI: Mac OSX: Fix a bug that could lock up the user interface when the Help Popup is displayed
  • Note Editor: Fix the display of player names that have ampersands
  • GTech: HUD: Add support for GTech 8-max tables
  • TableTracker: PokerStars: Update PokerStars table opening

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the notification of the newest version of PT4.

In case reps from all those US available sites who are not supporting trackers read this thread, please be advised that your sites are not amongst the sites I want to play at frequently. Supporting trackers will actually increase your traffic. Please think about it.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the notification of the newest version of PT4.

In case reps from all those US available sites who are not supporting trackers read this thread, please be advised that your sites are not amongst the sites I want to play at frequently. Supporting trackers will actually increase your traffic. Please think about it.
+1

Many thanks. Got the e-mail this morning and was elated. Some of us have goals to attend to! Lol

M

mattmig

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a question about Poker Tracker 4. How do I see all hands played in the HUD instead of just the current session?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a question about Poker Tracker 4. How do I see all hands played in the HUD instead of just the current session?

While in game the HUD displays stats for your opponent's lifetime experience with them, filtered if you chose any specific HUD filter options. Conversely the HUD only displays the current table session for the HERO because it would not make sense to display the lifetime for the HERO since your opponents all have different lifetime experiences with you.

You can however view the HERO HUD using the Show Hero Lifetime Stats option in the Replayer. We personally advise that you use PT4's reports for this function because you can group reports in multiple ways and add filters, but the HUD does work equally well for unfiltered results.

2014-07-28_09-21-34.png

M

mattmig

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I meant my opponents. Does it show lifetime stats automatically or do I have to set something in the options.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
two questions

1/ can you make a way to show our total stats v villain, i.e. a pop up on their hud that shows our basic stats in the sample they have?

2/ is there an auto note for cold 4bets, and if not how would i go about building one?

thanks

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I meant my opponents. Does it show lifetime stats automatically or do I have to set something in the options.

I assume you mean in the replayer because lifetime stats are automatically displayed in-game unless you added a filter. Deselect Hud Stat Values at Time of Hand in the replayer.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
two questions

1/ can you make a way to show our total stats v villain, i.e. a pop up on their hud that shows our basic stats in the sample they have?

Thats impossible, PokerTracker is designed to accommodate everything from full ring to heads up - each opponent has a different experience.

2/ is there an auto note for cold 4bets, and if not how would i go about building one?

thanks

NoteTracker Autonotes are designed to allow you to quickly and easily create your own notes. Stats are complicated to design and requires programing, but Autonotes only requires you to make a filter. AutoNotes have two filters, Player Filter is typically what you want to use because your triggering the note for an action filtered on this player, not based on actions of opponents that faced this player. First select the filter for Actions & Opportunities > Preflop Raises > Any 4 Bet. Then take a step backwards and add Preflop Opportunities > Opportunity to Cold Call a 3Bet. Click Add to Filter. The Filter text will say (Raised Preflop Any 4Bet) AND (Cold Called Opportunity Opportunity to Call 3Bet Cold)

Whenever you add your own notes, when you are ready to start playing go back to the Status tab and set the Create Autonotes for Hands Since Date to the start of your database or earlier, then select RUN. Autonotes will be created in the background for you.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1/ why is that impossible, if iv played 5k hands v someone, they have played the same 5k hands v me?

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
I installed trial version of PT4 and is satisfied to buy the product. I want to know that after buying product, if I changes my computer then I have to buy again or previous key is used in this computer.

W

Wickedonesin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I installed the trial version of PT4 on Friday July 25th. I have had a huge issue with how the stats are displayed under the names for Carbon. I have my seat set as preferred in Carbon as the bottom middle position but my stats are displayed under someone else's name. In fact, no one's stats are under the right name.

When I ran PT4 last night for the Black Chip site game, it ran perfectly. Was so useful, I am almost certainly buying it but since Carbon is my main site, this stats under player issue needs to be solvable first. Any ideas?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1/ why is that impossible, if iv played 5k hands v someone, they have played the same 5k hands v me?

Because you haven't played 5k hands vs "someone", you have played 5k hands vs one person and 200 hands vs another person, and so on. Our database is designed to accommodate everything from full ring to heads up, what you are asking about would only useful for headsup players and impossible to implement for any other table size using current tracking database technology.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I installed the trial version of PT4 on Friday July 25th. I have had a huge issue with how the stats are displayed under the names for Carbon. I have my seat set as preferred in Carbon as the bottom middle position but my stats are displayed under someone else's name. In fact, no one's stats are under the right name.

When I ran PT4 last night for the Black Chip site game, it ran perfectly. Was so useful, I am almost certainly buying it but since Carbon is my main site, this stats under player issue needs to be solvable first. Any ideas?

Carbon is a skin on the Merge Network. Please see the Merge Network seating Guide to solve your problem. This is fairly simple to fix: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides...n/merge-configuration-guide#preferred-seating

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because you haven't played 5k hands vs "someone", you have played 5k hands vs one person and 200 hands vs another person, and so on. Our database is designed to accommodate everything from full ring to heads up, what you are asking about would only useful for headsup players and impossible to implement for any other table size using current tracking database technology.
I understand why it's hard to see why this can't be done; after all, they've got the same hands on us that we've got on them. It just seems like it would be simple reversal of roles. Instead of seeing the stats that they've produced in the hand sample that we have against them, we want to see the stats that we have produced against them. This could be done for every player at the table just the same way as it is now, it seems, except with the stats in the HUD being the stats that they would see on their own about us. If that makes sense.

What I'm understanding you say is that the technology isn't there yet, but if they can see our stats in their HUDs, why can't we see the same thing they can?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand why it's hard to see why this can't be done; after all, they've got the same hands on us that we've got on them. It just seems like it would be simple reversal of roles. Instead of seeing the stats that they've produced in the hand sample that we have against them, we want to see the stats that we have produced against them. This could be done for every player at the table just the same way as it is now, it seems, except with the stats in the HUD being the stats that they would see on their own about us. If that makes sense.

What I'm understanding you say is that the technology isn't there yet, but if they can see our stats in their HUDs, why can't we see the same thing they can?

PokerTracker does not provide this option, and neither does any of our competitors... nobody has the technology to do this in the HUD, and I doubt we will see it anytime soon because none of the HUD + Tracker solutions on the market ignore full ring players. I'm afraid this is not a debate therefore we don't think it would be advantageous to continue answering your questions on this topic, we only use this thread to answer questions about our product for technical support and provide occasional basic insight into our decisions. We let you know why, thats as far as we should take this topic.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Re; 'I wanna see what he sees me doing.'

I'm gonna venture a guess as to why we can't get that picture of ourselves from a particular other players POV.

No one has described the issue well enough for the programmers to have written it into a subroutine.

That and the idea that we can get that picture would really stretch the notion about how useful the trackers are. It would be almost like mind reading, and lets not kid ourselves, that is what has been described. I can see the hording masses in a massive revolt! Not to mention most sites deciding it was taking tracking one step too far, and then banning trackers.

From a practical standpoint, it is like we want to know how Player Q plays against Player K. We may or may not be either, and it doesn't really matter. What we are looking for are the stats for the cumulative games those 2 players where they have gone to showdown AND are at a table we are at and have collected hands for. The (special) HUD stats would ONLY reflect those particular hands, and could easily be vastly different than either players stats against the general population.
(^ If that is confusing, forgive me, it is actually a somewhat confusing notion.)

It might be possible after the fact, as we can see all the hands (Player Q vs Player K) that have gone to showdown, but we don't know if under those circumstances we might be seeing specific stats (one against the other) or general stats (vs the general population).

Another guess is that it would be a computational nightmare that would affect the performance at a crucial time in a hand.

Might be best put on the PT5 wish list.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's fine. I still feel as though the initial request/suggestion/inquiry is being misunderstood to some degree, but I may be misunderstanding also. I wasn't arguing, just trying to see if all are on the same page because I've wondered the same thing.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide