The Venom ACR

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think they are doing this because people would gain like a 25k stack and then sit out on purpose and wait for players to be KO and then they would get their ticket without even playing. So what I think ACR is trying to do is limit those types of players from receiving a tickets because at 33 places you have to play because that blinds get so big

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thant is awful to hear. I’m sorry you have to deal with this. Having your hard work taken away from you in the form of all those possessions is terrible. It’s a complete violation. Good luck with the recovery. Hopefully you will have some good fortune very soon.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thant is awful to hear. I’m sorry you have to deal with this. Having your hard work taken away from you in the form of all those possessions is terrible. It’s a complete violation. Good luck with the recovery. Hopefully you will have some good fortune very soon.

This was in response to the OP informing the thread of a break in. I must not have hit the reply on that quote so if this comment seems odd that is why.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody online last night during the step 1 bonanza?? Think I reg'd around 20 of them and managed to place in 2. Will be interesting to see if that was a one time ordeal or not.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have personally made it a goal to reach the top for this. I'm currently hover around step 4-5 after working all the way up from step 1. I suggest always playing step 1 when the pop, building a nice nest egg of step 2s, and constantly trying to build tickets at the lower levels so you dont have to drop very far when you lose.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is nice that they run every 2 hours now but will be harder to cash and less total tickets will be given out on a daily basis. Not sure I'm a fan.

I think it will make it much harder to clear step 1 although maybe easier for highly skilled players as step 1 is now every 2 hours. I really liked the 113 places though, made it quite easy to get a step 2 ticket.

Yes, the initial tickets will be harder to come by now :( I have a lot saved up so we'll see how I progress now that the others are running more often now.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone been able to pass to the target event for free?

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a great opportunity for plays to advance but not me. I have played so many in the last few days and HAVEN'T placed....so aggravated hahaha

Such a pain when you do well up until like the last 5-6 tables

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah the fr step is a bitch , i'm so glad i won my Venom seat in Feb. I'm workin on #2 now , it's way harder.

gl all.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope that the 7PM is a fluke since it is only paying 12 seats for step 2. I know it's a freeroll, but this is getting harder.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I played a few games the other night. Not sure if I like the new format. I haven't given it a real chance yet. Definitely no more building up chips and sitting out. I expect it to run like the ten dollar on demand now though.

palinho07

palinho07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn´t know about Venom steps tournaments. :eek: But it looks like a big challenge. I just tried my first freeroll and I was succesful and lucky of sure. But it will be very hard. I will try to accumulate as much steps 2 tickets as possible and I will try to go higher and higher. GL guys ! :)

Attachments

• Venom step 1.JPG
    Venom step 1.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 99
zippo5667

zippo5667

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea don't sit out your better off them blinds get high.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an awesome value freeroll tournament. I have been doing quite well lately in these. Tonight I just got my step 6 ticket for first time. I'm gonna wait till Sunday for the 3 seats guaranteed tournament. What a chance............to get a $2650 ticket for $0. I almost wanted to bubble on step five tourney. Payout was 7 tickets and 8th place got $590...........not bad considering I started with freeroll.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope that the 7PM is a fluke since it is only paying 12 seats for step 2. I know it's a freeroll, but this is getting harder.

the 12 seat one starts as soon as 300 people register, the 33 seat one registers for 2 hours and can start with 600 or more. Although the 12 seat one has 2 hours late registration so you end up with 600 plus anyway. Play the skip ones once you get a step 2 ticket, they are easy and you skip a step. I just got my step 6 ticket for first time tonight. I am registered for final step on Sunday.:D

Has anyone been able to pass to the target event for free?

Just got my step 6 tonight, I'll find out on Sunday lol

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a free roll you cant expect players to play the same as when money is on the line . once you do finally get past step 2 people actually start to play but you will find loose players at every level . like varga said gotta develop a mental toughness because there will be many of bad beats and suckers out there

I would be worried about entering this directly or paying for one of the more expensive satellites/steps due to the huge amounts of freerolls. To pay 2.4k and have a joker shove any two at you that has managed to climb the steps entering hundreds of freerolls would be a worry. At the same time if you can win through the freerolls what fantastic value! Bet this tournament attracts tons. Never seen such a huge amount of money shoved into free satellites.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally think they are doing this because people would gain like a 25k stack and then sit out on purpose and wait for players to be KO and then they would get their ticket without even playing. So what I think ACR is trying to do is limit those types of players from receiving a tickets because at 33 places you have to play because that blinds get so big

This is a good point and may well be the reason although you still had to be in the top 10-15% and now often its the top 2.5%. Its great if your in college or something but very hard now to get enough tickets around work. The 113 ones were very easy though.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are they putting a year expiry on the step tickets when you will not be able to use them past July, makes you think you will be able to sue them for something else, the expiry should be the date of the main event.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i got a step 6 and just won a free 5 today and didnt pay anything freerolled it up

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are they putting a year expiry on the step tickets when you will not be able to use them past July, makes you think you will be able to sue them for something else, the expiry should be the date of the main event.

The Venom series runs twice a year from what I've read. There will be another one toward the end of this year that you could use the ticket for.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been doing the freerolls. I got up to step three and blew it, got up to step 2 and blew it again. I'll keep trying. Why the hell not? Hopefully something works out. Good luck to all of you and I hope to see you at the tables!

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need some luck

Starting my first venom game - Step 1. Wish me luck.

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So Step 1 is brutal... any suggestions on how to get through to Step 2?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
So Step 1 is brutal... any suggestions on how to get through to Step 2?

Not much different that the rest of other freerolls on all other sites ....
You should be aware of how the Cannibal Poker style has to be played, and you are the winner :top:

I would be playing Step 2 tomorrow, and give my impressions how it goes at that level :D