Pokerbot clampdown

P

piedmontred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never relized how much of this was going on. This thread really opened my eyes, thanks. Another reason why i dont play big $$ online, too many cheaters.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never relized how much of this was going on. This thread really opened my eyes, thanks. Another reason why i dont play big $$ online, too many cheaters.
This make little sense because well this type of cheater sucks at poker. These bots are NOT big winners. Most barely break-even and rely on volume to get them enough rakeback to make it. So they have no advantage over you. I'm in no way condoning bot play but it's no reason not to play online poker.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This make little sense because well this type of cheater sucks at poker. These bots are NOT big winners. Most barely break-even and rely on volume to get them enough rakeback to make it. So they have no advantage over you. I'm in no way condoning bot play but it's no reason not to play online poker.
^^^This. They seem to bang out points for clearing bonuses and rakeback. There are in fact many losing bots, which I find amusing.

B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
refunds

Anybody else still getting refunds from tilt?. Or have they all been sent. With thousands of bots i'm sure this is gonna take some time to sort out. Thanks in advance.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody else still getting refunds from tilt?. Or have they all been sent. With thousands of bots i'm sure this is gonna take some time to sort out. Thanks in advance.

it would be nice if ftp sent some of the rake they made off the bots to the players affected. tho i won't hold my breath.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely plan to, I will probably send Becky a direct link to that post on their site. She has been awesome at answering questions in the bodog thread and I don't want to cause a shit storm in there if the Bodog haters jump in.

Thanks for the kind words :) Send me a PM if you'd like!

Thanks,
Becky

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skanky Admin said:
It would be difficult to describe their actions as anything other than stealing,...
Oh, the irony!

Their indignation just laugh-out-loud unbelievable. Okay, so you acknowledge that it was always against TOS, and now you blame them for deciding to enforce it? LOL. Also, to suggest FT tacitly "approved" and turned a blind eye to it is also laughable. Witness the 3-year old post on Poker Kings that Poofy linked to. They've obviously done these purgings before. It just takes a lot of time and resources to organize, and as you can see the bot community is constantly changing their tactics to avoid detection. So it isn't surprising to me that they can't keep up on a daily basis. I'm honestly surprised that Stars can, but then again I think they have more resources, and have certainly been known to have the beefiest security team.

BTW, this relates to the concerns I've voiced about Stars not enforcing their ban on sharkscope while playing, or their anytime ban against PTR. While they've stated in forums that they won't enforce these bans, as I've pointed out recently the bans are still explicitly listed in their TOS. If/when Stars decides to enforce this again, there'll be a ton of people crying about it, too. And I expect some of them will be CC members. ;)

I only play micros, and never thought there would be so many bots at that level.
The micros are actually where bots excel. They're not very good, and a good player at higher stakes would likely be able to identify and exploit a bot. As others have said, these count on high volumes of very slim (if any) winrates in order to clear bonuses and RB.

EDIT: Oh, and forgot to mention: one reason why it may have taken FT awhile to catch the bot users, is that they may have coded a client update to detect them. So they may not have had a really good idea of who to go after until a recent client update that was written to specifically detect the bot users. Once identified, then they had to backtrack their playing history to get an idea of what refunds to pay out to whom.

Last edited:
robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, you have no idea. I just went to the site and saw the email one person recieved, and I got butterflies in my stomach .........
My favorite was some tool with a bot saying he was down $400 bucks, I would love to see how bad he sucks without the bot, lol
I too would to see his level of play without the assistance of his Prog. He'd be eaten alive.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the kind words :) Send me a PM if you'd like!

Thanks,
Becky
I will, unfortunately I cannot send the direct links anymore as they have since made almost every section private, and took down the register button so I cannot join, but I will let you know what they had in the open last week, and see if I can find anything to link in the one section that they have open.
Maybe you can pass the info on to security or whoever.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will, unfortunately I cannot send the direct links anymore as they have since made almost every section private, and took down the register button so I cannot join, but I will let you know what they had in the open last week, and see if I can find anything to link in the one section that they have open.
Maybe you can pass the info on to security or whoever.

And post the relies/info here? I think people would generally be curious to know.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely plan to, I will probably send Becky a direct link to that post on their site. She has been awesome at answering questions in the bodog thread and I don't want to cause a shit storm in there if the Bodog haters jump in.

Thanks so much for sending along the link, I have forwarded to our poker security department!

In the meantime, I can assure you that bodog Poker works hard with both bot prevention and bot detection and if someone is caught using a bot Bodog will close their account and seize their funds.

Thank you,
Becky

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome, too bad they made alot private there, I would love to read their whine post about you guys all of the sudden turning on them too, lol.
Thanks Becky!

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did anyone ever find out what other sites they are currently recommending, I'd really like to find out so I can stay away from those sites!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listed them on the first page, I know ub and sitex (dunno what site X is)
I cannot remember the 4th as I know I don't play there.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listed them on the first page, I know Ultimatebet and sitex (dunno what site X is)
I cannot remember the 4th as I know I don't play there.

From Pooffy's page 2 post... (it helps to read the whole thread if you are truly interested in a subject)...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BetnGo Fixes: Beginner tables now fixed, and custom bet sizing has been improved so there should no longer be instances where it bets the minimum after typing in a custom bet size on any PC.

The list of supported poker rooms is now:

• Ultimate Bet

• Bodog (I am crushed this is on the list)

• Site X (1.0 software)

• BetnGo (iPoker network, no USA players)
-----------------------------------------------

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't it interesting that Shanky Admin states in his explanation post that they are VERY unhappy with Full Tilt 'stealing' from their members even though the warning is in the Full Tilt Terms of Service prohibiting bots .... so, the warning is there.

at the same time time... Shanky Admin is making it quite clear that THEIR Terms of Service clearly state the risk involved .... therefore, in other words, they will NOT be offering or paying any refunds or compensation to ANY of their members who lost money in confiscated BR's....

Guess 'Terms of Service' only means something on one side of their fence...

L O L
----------------------------------

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like ftp is sending out another round of reimbursements.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I hope that means they caught some of the other ones that a few were bragging about. Sick to hear one person, "6 of mine got caught, I still have 3 running now" etc...

B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be nice

. It would be nice tomget sum chips back. I work my butt off trying to learn. Just when u think you have the poker game end of it down. Then u gotta learn to chat and post etcccc. this online stuuf is tuff.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. It would be nice tomget sum chips back. I work my butt off trying to learn. Just when u think you have the poker game end of it down. Then u gotta learn to chat and post etcccc. this online stuuf is tuff.

I KNOW! There are just so many damn skills to learn.

B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
evry day i try to learn

I KNOW! There are just so many damn skills to learn.
Every day I try to learn alittle more about this onlone poker. Bad enough as hard as it is someone or some Bot throws a wrench into the whole scheme of play. You try your'e best to improve and learn, and whamo a sceemer cheater trys to bust ya out. I hope the fulltilt scam is not only the beggining to outing these cheaters but becomes the norm to keep us safe in our online poker play.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every day I try to learn alittle more about this onlone poker. Bad enough as hard as it is someone or some Bot throws a wrench into the whole scheme of play. You try your'e best to improve and learn, and whamo a sceemer cheater trys to bust ya out. I hope the fulltilt scam is not only the beggining to outing these cheaters but becomes the norm to keep us safe in our online poker play.

Well you shouldn't really fear the bots. Most are too nitty to concern you, that is unless you're in the business of giving away free $$$$!

M

manofthehour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im happy they are doing this because I getting sick of people cheating. They should use their own brain and thinking to play because in live poker u cant use any of that stuff.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a bot :) the only reason FTP has not banned my account is because there is no money in it due to never winning any :p

thanks for all the 411 :) can't wait to hear BB's response from bodog .