Pokerbot clampdown

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty amazed just how rampant these are. looks like they dropped ftp support. they sell profiles for all different sites and stakes.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep posting their posts Pooffy, makes me chuckle, and let us know if you were able to sign up and how long it takes you to get banned.....lol.
lol I will, like I said though, they are moving them to a "help" section of the forum which is not visible for non-members, and the register button does not appear to me, just the log in does. I think you must have the software to see it, not sure.
The head admin did make a post last night asking members to not email him, he has a ton of emails to sift through and that it had been a rough day and he will make a statement when he is ready, lol poor guy...
He did put up a warning yesterday morning telling the members if they had not used their bot on FT yet, to not do it, they are working on updates to combat the clampdown, but it was too late and many had already had their accounts closed, lol.
Yesterday was an awesome day.:)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The admin posted this last night, I missed it with the invasion. Hats off to Full Tilt.

Today, October 14, full tilt poker came out of nowhere and took aggressive measures to stop the use of our poker bot software at their online poker room. There was no warning given to anybody, and this was after years of tolerating us to such an extent that most of us felt they welcomed us with open arms.

To be certain, the use of such software has always been against their “official” terms of service. We all knew that. But for the past few years that part of their agreement was always perceived as being given with a wink. There are hundreds of us who have been active there on a daily basis and the overwhelming majority of us have never heard so much as a peep out of them. If they suddenly decided that they didn’t want us, given the fact that they have allowed us to proliferate unrestricted up to this point, one would expect a warning and a chance to stop using the software.

This was not their approach. They came out of left field and froze all our accounts and have confiscated all our funds. This was a very sudden and calculated move on their part. It would be difficult to describe their actions as anything other than stealing, if you understand the environment.

We were all taken by surprise and are somewhat shocked. We at Shanky Technologies now wish to offer a sincere apology to all our customers who have lost funds in this development. We are guilty of being lulled into submission by the permissive practices of this company and in fact have made statements, even recently, that we felt Full Tilt was a safe room to use our software at. Especially with all the stealth measure built into our poker bots.

Those kinds of statements were never posted publicly on our web site or in our download materials however. We have always made proper disclaimers and given warnings about the risk involved on every page of our website and in our download materials. You are ultimately responsible for the risks you took in using our product.

However in private emails, and in some posts in our support forum, we did make statements that we thought the room was safe from this type of thing, given the long history of tolerance that we have there. And we are very sorry for that. We would never intentionally mislead our customers about the risks involved.

As an example, we get constant requests to support poker stars and party poker. We always have replied that those poker rooms have no tolerance for bots and as a result we will not even ever attempt to support them. There is no point, as the risk is simply outrageous. So we always focused on poker rooms that are known for high “bot toleration” in their practices.

This has obviously now changed. Consequently we must seriously consider un-supporting Full Tilt poker. They apparently do not want us there anymore, and would rather have our account balances than our business. We see that as an incredibly unethical move on their part and must question anybody who wishes to continue to play there even manually. Look at the people you are trusting with your money. See what kind of people they really are. We would recommend not giving them even one more hand of business, whether you ever used a poker bot before or not.

Who knows, one day they may take all your money because you visited sharkscope.com or Tableratings.com and they scanned your browser history to find it. (Don’t laugh, the only way they are catching us is by blatant privacy violation and scanning your PC.)

If we decide to add more stealth measures and continue support, we will be issuing stern warnings about their history and the risks involved. Botting there will not be recommended by us again, ever. We think the way forward is to simply support other poker rooms instead, ones that have a more bot-friendly attitude.

As a reminder, we still support at least four other good rooms at the moment, and a couple of these have shown a great interest in having our bots play there. We think that “bot-friendly” is really the wave of the future, and that soon smart operators will realize how much online poker players love tinkering and playing with bot software and will make a “bots welcome” official policy as a result. Yes, we really do believe that or we wouldn’t be in this business. Some of our currently supported rooms are getting close to this in fact.

Some of you will stop botting because of this experience, or at least put it down for a while. But those of us who love this hobby will pick ourselves up and get back in the game at greener pastures. Shanky Technologies isn’t going anywhere. In fact we have exciting things planned in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

Shanky Technologies team

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...... one would expect a warning and a chance to stop using the software......

.....They came out of left field and froze all our accounts and have confiscated all our funds. This was a very sudden and calculated move on their part. It would be difficult to describe their actions as anything other than stealing, if you understand the environment.......

......Consequently we must seriously consider un-supporting Full Tilt poker. They apparently do not want us there anymore, and would rather have our account balances than our business. We see that as an incredibly unethical move on their part and must question anybody who wishes to continue to play there even manually. Look at the people you are trusting with your money. See what kind of people they really are. We would recommend not giving them even one more hand of business, whether you ever used a poker bot before or not......

Sincerely,

Shanky Technologies team

This whole letter is totaly OMFG but these were the most troubling I think and almost laughable.

DeadlyV18

DeadlyV18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'Bout that Admin guy... Is he out of his freakin' mind? Bot friendly my arse!

I'm glad Full Tilt finally woke up and took good care of the "bot friendly" players.

H

HyperHoopZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, since I play mainly STT and MTT (like PO, do the occasional low stakes cash, but usually stud hi hi/lo) I guess I dont deal with bots so no refunds coming to me. But I am happy they are getting the guns turned on themselves. I looked at the bot site too, lots of LOLZ there. Keep posting their posts Pooffy, makes me chuckle, and let us know if you were able to sign up and how long it takes you to get banned.....lol.

These guys weren't just playing cash games they were playing mid stakes mtts too so keep your eyes open I read on one post someone lost 6k from a banned account from a mtt win just a few days ago. Were these things really good enough to be largefield tourneys?????

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How this makes me feel:
grinch_santa.jpg

Their mouths will hang open a minute or two, then the Bots down in Botville will all cry, 'Boo Hoo'.

-----------------------------------------------------
New business idea:

1) Set up an anything goes poker room for bots, cheaters, colluders, chip dumpers, etc.
2) Let them grind away at each other while I collect the rake.
3) Profit!

Last edited:
B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unbelievible!. Hanky sounds like Skanky to me.

These guys weren't just playing cash games they were playing mid stakes mtts too so keep your eyes open I read on one post someone lost 6k from a banned account from a mtt win just a few days ago. Were these things really good enough to be largefield tourneys?????
Total farse zereo tolerance right from the start is how it shouldve been. I like to know how long and how many games these a h's got away with. Anybody gets money returned please post it here. Anybody know how to find out who has been banned?. And if so is it possible to check hh to see if you have been at a table w/ such ppl or bots?. I had a good run early this week won 5 games in a row, then lost the next 5. That's variance and me not knowing when to stop 4 the day. But it would be nice to know if I lost sum to bot's. Thanks 4 reading.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^The admin has a warning up for them to not use their poker site names as their names on the forum. I am not sure if all listened but not really worth it to start checking, I am sure most of them are a little smarter.
It is funny they are talking now about posting on forums to try and ruin FT's rep by saying it is rigged (how original). One person is talking about starting a facebook page against FT.
It is so funny how they are whining that it is unfair that FT took their money, lol.
This sooo made my week:)

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently FTP is sending out a ton of reimbursements. I can't believe the amount of people receiving them. They literally must have closed thousands of accounts that were botting.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm surprised but I guess they were playing up to at least 50nl because I just got this:

The Full Tilt Poker Security department has recently concluded an extensive investigation and we have determined that some of your opponents were in violation of our site terms.

We have permanently closed all of the offending accounts. In cases of proven cheating, 100% of the confiscated funds are returned to the players who were victimized. The reimbursement calculation is based on the number of tournaments or hands played against the offending players, and the amount won or lost against them.

We have determined that you are entitled to a refund of $12.19 which will be placed in your account in the next 72 hours.

The $12.19 was credited a few minutes later.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got $12 in reinbursement lol

dude there's someone who was only playing 2nl and got 24$ in reimbursement. lolz. 12 BUYINS WOW.
apparently ftp has turned a blind eye to the bots for almost a year? wonder why it took them so long to act.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do they work out how much people get back? Seems a bit random. They'd surely have to trawl through a TON of hand histories to get anywhere near an accurate number. Also, I've never really heard of poker bots before, whats so wrong with them?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never really heard of poker bots before, whats so wrong with them?
It is a program playing, not an actual person, it is cheating.
I have no reimbursement:(

Last edited:
coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty interesting ftp turned a blind eye to the botters until they made their rakeback changes.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious, was there heavy amounts of pressure being put on Full tilt to do something about this, any threats of legal action?
It seems to show a ton of integrity on FT's part, if they could have just kept a blind eye towards this and reaped the huge amount of rake these bots generated.
You have to applaud FT, I would think they took quite a financial hit on this.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The admin posted this last night, I missed it with the invasion. Hats off to Full Tilt.

Who knows, one day they may take all your money because you visited Sharkscope.com or Tableratings.com and they scanned your browser history to find it. (Don’t laugh, the only way they are catching us is by blatant privacy violation and scanning your PC.)

Um what do the terms say :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I may have to check my email..

I am loling at them now

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a refund today as well for $21.60.

I've been mainly playing 9-handed Step 2 SNGs, $26 45-handed SNGs, and a .25/.50 9-handed ring, mainly in shallow tables.

I see "alot" of the same ppl in the shallow tables. Alot of push/folders for $10 bucks a pop there, makes me think that many of them are bots now.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hats off to Full Tilt and thank you for the refund of 8.71 whoot whoot :)

intiekkeko

intiekkeko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this and then read poofy's copy of the admin letter

do these guys live on the same planet we do are they seriously saying it is FT's fault they broke the rules and stole real players money?

and now they got caught they want to badmouth FT untill they figure a way around it

I had to lol all the way thru this thread

inti

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I so love this.

As a reminder, we still support at least four other good rooms at the moment

Anybody know what sites those are? Probably minor one that I don't have to go out of my avoid anyway, right?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know what sites those are? Probably minor one that I don't have to go out of my avoid anyway, right?
I am not sure what site X is, they are not saying out loud, any posts I see refer to it as that, I know it is not pokerstars. I have a couple guesses as they mention a couple others on their site in various posts. Mind you, this does not mean the sites endorse the use, as Full Tilt was on this list, it just means they have no problems for the most part there.... I think.
Here is the list after they took FT off:

BetnGo Fixes: Beginner tables now fixed, and custom bet sizing has been improved so there should no longer be instances where it bets the minimum after typing in a custom bet size on any PC.

The list of supported poker rooms is now:

• Ultimate Bet

• Bodog (
I am crushed this is on the list)

• Site X (1.0 software)

• BetnGo (iPoker network, no USA players)

Lol I have been hanging out there alot the past couple days.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rumor has it there are bots there that run 24hr a day and bodog does nothing about it.
Very well could be, I actually just yesterday became aware how big this is.
They do for the most part run them on every site, I even saw a couple brags from a couple ppl that only a few of their accounts got shut down on tilt, they still have a couple that did not get detected etc...
Every time I see one of the whine posts, what can we do, I feel like typing in, try learning how to play