Pokerbot clampdown

H

HyperHoopZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full tilt today has begun a huge clampdown on pokerbots. It's believed that hundreds of accounts have been locked out today. Maybe we will see how many of them were actually being used if the tables go quiet lol.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full tilt today has begun a huge clampdown on pokerbots. It's believed that hundreds of accounts have been locked out today. Maybe we will see how many of them were actually being used if the tables go quiet lol.

Source for this info please. Or a link.

H

HyperHoopZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been watching the shanky bot forum for some time and the threads have been moved to the private section now but about 20 or so members within 15 mins all appeared whining that there accounts had been banned.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That Poker King Article is 3 weeks old. Odd this is the first we have heard of it.

H

HyperHoopZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On my phone browser at the min I will try and get some links soon!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That warms the cockles of my heart.
Oh, you have no idea. I just went to the site and saw the email one person recieved, and I got butterflies in my stomach with each person who said their account was shut down, and an ear to ear grin with each "money gone" statement.
Gawd this made my day:D
My favorite was some tool with a bot saying he was down $400 bucks, I would love to see how bad he sucks without the bot, lol

Last edited:
H

HyperHoopZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Automated systems recently discovered indicators of account misuse, which violates the full tilt poker Site Terms and End User License Agreement.

A comprehensive review of your account was completed by Full Tilt Poker Security and we have determined that your account is in violation of our Prohibited Software Policy, explicitly the use of the Shanky Technologies Bot.

This is a serious breach of the terms and conditions that you agreed to, when registering your account and as a result, your account has been closed and your Full Tilt Poker playing privileges removed permanently. The balance of your account has been forfeited and will be redistributed to the victims of your actions.

Please refer to our policies on prohibited programs here:
"http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/prohibited_programs"

In particular; "It is the sole responsibility of the individual player to adhere to Full Tilt Poker's rules and standards for acceptable conduct at all times. For additional details, please see our Site Terms. In particular (but not limited to) clauses 8, 9 and 10."
"http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/site-terms"

To be clear, players on Full Tilt Poker must make their own decisions, without advice or support from software programs or algorithms. Full Tilt Poker exercises a zero tolerance policy on the use of these prohibited programs. Full Tilt Poker is committed to maintaining the fairest poker games available anywhere. We do not permit or condone any conduct that could diminish the integrity of our games.

Using such software is grounds for immediate closure of the account and forfeiture of account funds. (100% of confiscated funds are distributed back to the victims).

You are not permitted to play on, or set up any more accounts with Full Tilt Poker. Should you do so, the accounts will be closed and their balances forfeited.

Security & Game Integrity
Full Tilt Poker

this seems to be coming up alot

maybe we will get some money back lol

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm getting a chubby reading this.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol look again that article is 3 years old
lol I did not even notice that, I just saw today's date above the article date. I seriously have no attention for detail....

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, you have no idea. I just went to the site and saw the email one person recieved, and I got butterflies in my stomach with each person who said their account was shut down, and an ear to ear grin with each "money gone" statement.
Gawd this made my day:D
My favorite was some tool with a bot saying he was down $400 bucks, I would love to see how bad he sucks without the bot, lol

LOL, did you see how many people were logged in? Today is a record number of people who logged in. They must of nailed alot of players and they are all there to whine. Love it.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, did you see how many people were logged in? Today is a record number of people who logged in. They must of nailed alot of players and they are all there to whine. Love it.
Ya, lol I am going to register there tonight, and just start quoting them and typing in hahahahaha! after each one until I get banned.
I should see if I can do the free trial for one and program it to auto respond in their threads for me.

Last edited:
P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone clearify what a poker bot is for me. Sounds like you sign on your account, pick a game, then let a computer program actually play the game for you.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone clearify what a poker bot is for me. Sounds like you sign on your account, pick a game, then let a computer program actually play the game for you.

Correct. They are illegal.

T

TorreyB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They banned me this morning while I was sleeping, I wasn't even logged in since last night. This year I worked hard as hell on my game from studying books, signed up at coaching websites, and even got poker academy to practice with. I emailed them back so I'll have to see how that goes. The variance and gameplay was really weird last night and I tilted bad before I signed off, so maybe that's when FTP was up to something? I haven't checked their list yet, but the software I used during regular cash tables was HEM, which I thought was fine to do?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOLZ! Karma is a bitch. I hope the bot users lose tons of money.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They banned me this morning while I was sleeping, I wasn't even logged in since last night. This year I worked hard as hell on my game from studying books, signed up at coaching websites, and even got poker academy to practice with. I emailed them back so I'll have to see how that goes. The variance and gameplay was really weird last night and I tilted bad before I signed off, so maybe that's when FTP was up to something? I haven't checked their list yet, but the software I used during regular cash tables was HEM, which I thought was fine to do?
HEM is fine to use, I believe. You should email support.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am actually amazed at how many users there are.
There was also a thread discussing that many of them are moving to nlhe-not sure how much that should worry me.
I did find it humorous they call people like us "Poker-bot hating online poker players"
They are moving the posts as fast as they catch them and I am a little bummed because I don't see a register button next to the log in where the instructions say it should be, I guess only people with bot software can see it? is that possible?
Anyway, my favorite post of the day:)

I just had my account suspended and my bankroll of 1200 seized. I havent used the bot in 2 weeks and just closed my account today. Im somewhat pissed because the money ive won was without the bot. Just be careful guys guys my online poker days are over cause i refuse the other sites.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wondered why FTP didn't take a much more aggressive stance against bots. Even pokerstars runs their "bot checks". This is definitely nice to hear.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just recently for entertainment purposes mostly.. I've been putting in a few hands at 2nl (usually while busy doing other stuff online & feeling like playing poker... but not really feeling like playing poker... if that makes any sense?).

Curious about a few of the players I'd see regularly I checked a few of them out. 750,00 hands, 960,000 hands at 2nl? (in 6mos.?). wtf? Got me thinkin', "who would play that many hands at 2nl?".. unless perhaps it's a bot?

Personally I've never been concerned with bots on the tables. I mean sure it sucks that people are cheating but I don't see any threat/problem playing/beating them. Good to hear about a bunch of them getting dumped though. Now if they could get rid of the ma'rs in the mtts.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just recently for entertainment purposes mostly.. I've been putting in a few hands at 2nl (usually while busy doing other stuff online & feeling like playing poker... but not really feeling like playing poker... if that makes any sense?).

Curious about a few of the players I'd see regularly I checked a few of them out. 750,00 hands, 960,000 hands at 2nl? (in 6mos.?). wtf? Got me thinkin', "who would play that many hands at 2nl?".. unless perhaps it's a bot?

Personally I've never been concerned with bots on the tables. I mean sure it sucks that people are cheating but I don't see any threat/problem playing/beating them. Good to hear about a bunch of them getting dumped though. Now if they could get rid of the ma'rs in the mtts.

ya the micros on ftp were riddled with bots just earning pennies an hour in rakeback. i posted someone who had played like 300,000 hands of 5nl playing 12 hours a day, and only making pennies an hour. made no sense. there's tons of them tho. will be interesting to see the changes at the tables. i wasn't really worried about them either, they just make the games nittier than usual and take up a seat.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, since I play mainly STT and MTT (like PO, do the occasional low stakes cash, but usually stud hi hi/lo) I guess I dont deal with bots so no refunds coming to me. But I am happy they are getting the guns turned on themselves. I looked at the bot site too, lots of LOLZ there. Keep posting their posts Pooffy, makes me chuckle, and let us know if you were able to sign up and how long it takes you to get banned.....lol.