Cake Poker Will No Longer Service US Players after Sept 27

GOIVIT

GOIVIT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did a transfer with a player I have played with over a long time and trust him. Sent him my Cake and Colt balances and gave him a 20% bonus. I'm just happy to get some of my money. Not a lot but it all adds up. ;)

Now if I could just get my money off of intertops.

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering about rakeback as well. Will it transfer over? Should we create an account there now are wait for the transfer?

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so glad I do not play on cake... Intertop's I did away with and left to go to a far superior site... Bovada... I feel sorry for you guy's being "outsourced" to juicy stake's... sounds like you should all cash out and hit Lock up if you must be on the Revolution skin...

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a mess having a poker site create an account for you on another site ffs another hit for USA (a free Country?)

A free country ( see term's and condition's attached LOL)

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've not had any problems. And since they've been offering WU that's the only way to go IMO, pays in 2 weeks which for US player is as good as you're going to find anywhere, better than the vast majority.

But what do I know, I've only been playing at Lock almost exclusively for 18 months -- pre and post Revolution -- and have cashed out a half dozen times. If you follow the support threads of all the US facing skins, you find horror story after horror story on ALL of them. US cashouts are tedious at best on any site. Lock cashouts on Revolution have been better than Cake's by far. 5 months was the norm at Cake lately.

Support sucks? Yep
Cashouts slow? Yep
Any other US-facing site any better? Nope

BCP is far better in terms of cashouts and support actually answers my questions in almost always <24 hours. There's a reason when you trade lock for BCP you pay a vig. BCP money is simply worth more. Too bad you can't find any 200nl+ that runs consistently on merge anymore. I really don't understand why Lock/Revolution has all the games running when they do everything worse than BCP. I guess Lock advertises better or something and the regs gonna follow the fish.

But yeah I've gotten BCP check cashouts in ~2-3 weeks now 3 times (used to just sell it on 2p2 when the rate was closer to 95%). I requested my first check cashout from lock almost 2 months ago now. I probably shoulda picked WU but the check limit was 3k and WU only 2k. But yeah if it takes months for me to get a 3k cashout I better hope I don't actually start winning on this site or I'll be winning far more than I can cash out. I know that sounds like a brag but it really isn't, it just means I only get 80% of my money because I have to cash some of it out via site xfer.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never played there. Does anybody think US player will be banned from all online sites in the future?

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never played there. Does anybody think US player will be banned from all online sites in the future?

Bite your tongue sir!!

Seriously tho. I hate your question.

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cake Poker has announced that it will no longer service US players at Cake, Colt, Fugu or Hilife. All real money players will be moved to the Juicy Stakes brand. Player balances, gold chips, and loyalty levels will all be moved to the players Juicy Brand account. The accounts at Juicy Brand will automatically be created for the real money players at the other sites.

A few more down the tube for us.

sorry for the dumb question above about account creation. Just an FYI juciy stakes site seems to be down. Not very encouraging.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BCP is far better in terms of cashouts and support actually answers my questions in almost always <24 hours. There's a reason when you trade lock for BCP you pay a vig. BCP money is simply worth more. Too bad you can't find any 200nl+ that runs consistently on merge anymore. I really don't understand why Lock/Revolution has all the games running when they do everything worse than BCP. I guess Lock advertises better or something and the regs gonna follow the fish.

But yeah I've gotten BCP check cashouts in ~2-3 weeks now 3 times (used to just sell it on 2p2 when the rate was closer to 95%). I requested my first check cashout from lock almost 2 months ago now. I probably shoulda picked WU but the check limit was 3k and WU only 2k. But yeah if it takes months for me to get a 3k cashout I better hope I don't actually start winning on this site or I'll be winning far more than I can cash out. I know that sounds like a brag but it really isn't, it just means I only get 80% of my money because I have to cash some of it out via site xfer.

I agree that BCP is the best of all the Merge skins. And Nathan is an awesome support rep who provides immediate service via their support threads on 2p2 and DTB. Email support is still highly spotty though.

As far as cashouts, BCP has little (or nothing) to do with it. They don't process cashouts, the Merge cashier does. A Merge cashout is a Merge cashout, whether BCP or Carbon or whatever skin. And Merge is all over the place. They swing from 2 weeks to 4 months to bouncing checks to US players, just like others do. If you follow the cashout/support threads for any of the Merge skins, including BCP, you see the same griping. Hence my point that they all suck in terms of cashout consistency.

I have to give Lock credit for finally giving up on checks drawn on US banks and using Canadian checks instead, at least that should prevent the seizures and shady processors that often take the sites' money and run. But it creates a new complication in that some banks won't accept them, or want to hold them for 4-6 weeks for collections to go through.

That's why WU despite its high vig is the way to go. And Lock refunds one cashout fee per month so unless you cashout more frequently than that the vig isn't an issue anyway. As a US player if I can consistently have cash in hand in 2-3 weeks, I have to be pretty happy. And for WU withdrawals Lock has pretty consistently done so since they started offering them.

Finally, since Lock left Merge the games I favor have dried up on Merge. Lock has far better game selections of my favorite type, and they're soft as hell. 'course you couldn't tell from the downswing I've been on lately, but as much as I'd like to be a rigtard and blame it on Lock, I can't. :(

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
/minor derail

When you're on Merge skins is your login useable for all skins? Or do you create a seperate acct for each skin?
end derail/

edit: Answered. Thanks dooley!

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
/minor derail

When you're on Merge skins is your login useable for all skins? Or do you create a seperate acct for each skin?
end derail/

separate accounts for each skin

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that sucks.how come they make that decision? is it because of the cash thingy prob?
not that it affect me in any way but quite curious why

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn. And Juicy Steaks looks just like Cake. Why? Still no way to deposit for Americans. Still the same old freerolls and such, just the same as Cake. Time to step out of my comfort zone.

otari

otari

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never liked Cake poker anyway, my rooms of choice are bovada and carbon.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your email. Organizational changes will not hinder/slow or impede pending CakePoker cashouts in anyway. Our Cashier Team are working in earnest to deliver your cashout asap.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance

Kind Regards,
Murray
CakePoker Support

I think they meant "Organizational changes will not hinder/slow or impede pending CakePoker cashouts ANYMORE THAN THEY ARE ALREADY.

SS of Colt and Cake cashiers taken.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fingers crossed.

I think they meant "Organizational changes will not hinder/slow or impede pending CakePoker cashouts ANYMORE THAN THEY ARE ALREADY.

SS of Colt and Cake cashiers taken.

yeah u will get ur money somewhere in 2013 is what they meant to say !
got 129 left there gonna burn it and close account not going to be forced to juicy

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn. And Juicy Steaks looks just like Cake. Why? Still no way to deposit for Americans. Still the same old freerolls and such, just the same as Cake. Time to step out of my comfort zone.

Umm, because it's another network on the same skin and they all use the same software and player pool. Just like Merge.

I don't know anything about Juicy Steaks and Cake deposit options, but Lock (same network) allows US deposits. Credit cards and WU.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cake leaving

Cake was once my favorite,when they first started,now I rarely play there.500 to cashout was the final straw,I took the hint.
I guess they were hoping the elections would see changes in poker by now.Looks like the same ole crap from the gov.Obviously,theres not enough poker players to make a big difference in elections.Sadly poker in the usa,looks very dim..

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hav'nt logged on onto my cake or similar clients in some time, head there now see what is going on. Guess I can uninstall a few poker Apps now, should still leave me with about 20 of them.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is Cake going to let us get our money out, even if it it less than $500, because they are no longer servicing us?

I certainly wish they would have the courtesy of sending us all an email. Maybe that will be forthcoming.

R

reaper60

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sigh...I was about to move my money over to Cake too!!! I don't even know what rooms are left because I'm really disliking Bovada :(

I just finished my last game last night with Bovada I'll ever play. I've been playing several months there and I have either gotten worse or their software favor's bad players.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just finished my last game last night with Bovada I'll ever play. I've been playing several months there and I have either gotten worse or their software favor's bad players.

Well I know which of these two I would lean toward, but tbh there are prob a few more explanations... Like, um, I don't know, variance?

/end derail :)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance, bad players, and rigtard theories aside, Bovada has to be about the worst poker experience ever. If that were my only choice, I'd give up on real money online poker entirely. I don't even consider it in the same league as Merge or Cake, as bad as they are compared to Stars and FT.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a peep by email about this change, interesting. What, they gonna tell everyone that has no idea the day before? Or maybe they are pushing back date since Juicy website was down a few days. Snazzy looking webpage.....

I thought maybe they were changing to .eu

How in the world could they stay on .com :confused:

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is really bad, now it only matter of time before they go after merge and ACR