Bot players

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think so, bot will make the site loss all his player, it's too risky for the website.
so i think no BOT

kriss22m

kriss22m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think there is a successful BOTS that is working in all poker sites. I think there is no evidence to prove what you say and I think that until now no one has checked it, it is difficult to believe that a poker site does it to lose customers making them losers to all, in the end they would be left without players
poker sites gain money from comissions from the tournaments. I dont think they have bots. Will lose customers very fast.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the table 20 one wins hands with the big banks, the big calls raises with different garbage, then thoughts arise is not very good!

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah some probably do. There's some posts around the net of people claming they're coding bots and letting them run on different sites. Although I can assure you I can also recognize set-ups where I can suck you out with full houses when you go all in on the river and may decide to call you at different times. You don't need to be a bot to do that. You can be a donkey or a regular who has seen so many set-ups that you just get that feeling to pull the trigger. If you got action flops, then generally, if you got the best hand on the flop, you probably won't still have it by the river in a multi-way pot. If I'm on a gutshot straight and I have pot odds or looking to take a risk to chip up for a tournament, I'll call all-ins and raises like that but after all that's what you should want with top pair. For people like me to take those chances and try to knock you out, because more often than not you will win, but sometimes I do, and when I do, I usually get paid. It's situational.

If I raise with a very strong hand for example, and you smooth call me, and I miss the flop, but I put you on a weaker draw hand, it looks very dangerous for me, but I am sitting on AK suited hearts and you have a weaker hand, like AQ and hit 2 pairs, well I still remember my preflop odds and those need all 5 cards to work out. In this situation I was a huge favorite preflop, and that includes hitting boats on the river when a weaker hand has top pair or in this case 2 pairs on the flop? So could this be case where the turn and river bring a J and a 10 or 2 or a KK. Let's find out. I pull the trigger in these cases sometimes.

Remember winning odds doesn't mean AA is an 80% when people only have 1 pair it also includes situations where someone has straights by the turn or on the flop, and AA ends up quading or pulling off higher straights, or hitting that one outer flush. That's why you should generally try to play it to the river to get the full 80% benefit. You will more often than not be wrong, folding a hand like AA even if it seems you are beat on the flop or even the turn. And this concept applies to many other hands.

Last edited:
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
By the old times there were some cases where online poker rooms did some kind of cheating, but, nowadays they earn so much money that they really don't need it. So don't worth any risk. But we're not free from little collusions like players (friends) communicate with each other by other means but table chat.

P

profa1989

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you get the feeling that most pokersites have bots sat at the tables, not saying they all do but I'm pritty sure most have them. For reason been to take all ur money 💷 as I have had great cards n raised only for someone to call me n hit full house from nothing n im getting pritty peed off as its happening to often now. :confused::mad::confused::eek:

I think the same , can't 10 times I have full house the strongest cards and when the river turn i lose with 4 or better full house or I have flush 2 and K on the flop turn 2 of the same coler and the player vs me have 1 A and ofcourse 4 same color and he has a A and have Flush with A i have with K

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that bots do not have the players, but when your cards are moving with garbage hands begin to think about it

iWin210

iWin210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like ACR has bots. Or maybe just the software?

AIexander K

AIexander K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding the hypothesis that the "stars" themselves fix poker bots in their room in order to drag money from their visitors, it seems that such statements are not entirely fair and objective.
You must admit that any confirmed information of this kind would almost immediately force the players of the room to refuse poker at PokerStars.
Each poker bot would deliver a stunning blow not only to its reputation, but also to the attendance of the Starz room.
And this fact is unacceptable for PokerStars in principle.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Straightened out the record

For anyone who believes the thought of bots are on the internet you can be reassured,that the reason why it seems like that certain person is playing a perfect game and making outrageous calls with runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner perfect. I'm sorry to inform you that that perfect play it's not a bot. it's I not a bot. It's ( ME ) Im so good at cards people think its a robot. Gl have fun

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BOTs or not?

I'm pretty sure there are BOTs out there, however the most disturbing aspect of this, in my opinion, is when I queried pokerstars to the possibility of BOTs or bad software they punished me for asking by stopping my chat ability for a period of time. So BOTs or not, the answer from Pokerstars is "Don't ask or we'll punish you" Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in Pokerstars veracity.

B

BundesBurger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say from a very safe source, quasi first-hand, that the absolute majority of opponents are bots. No matter which side, this is part of the 'online poker' business model! Depending on the game up to 90%. Unfortunately so. It's also easy to check. You have to figure out how to do it yourself. Sorry. :fight:

B

BundesBurger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For anyone who believes the thought of bots are on the internet you can be reassured,that the reason why it seems like that certain person is playing a perfect game and making outrageous calls with runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner runner perfect. I'm sorry to inform you that that perfect play it's not a bot. it's I not a bot. It's ( ME ) Im so good at cards people think its a robot. Gl have fun

Hi, could I please have your player name to check that? Thank you.

B

BundesBurger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the old times there were some cases where online poker rooms did some kind of cheating, but, nowadays they earn so much money that they really don't need it. So don't worth any risk. But we're not free from little collusions like players (friends) communicate with each other by other means but table chat.

Hi, how long has a company that has made a lot of money stopped making more money? especially poker stars who sell stocks and have to justify themselves!

J

johnen5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
answer

Small correction: you did NOT have 'the nuts'. At best you could have called it 'nut flush' as you have a flush with A as highest card; nuts limited to flush....but another card to come, with a risk of 1) full house and 2) straight flush.

LOL

B

BundesBurger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker sites gain money from comissions from the tournaments. I dont think they have bots. Will lose customers very fast.

earn money with commissions from the tournaments and thus that the winnings are paid out to their own bots

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lived it like hell, especially since the last update from Pokerstars. For instance, just now happened to me, i have QQs with 1 card off for a flush. The other dude follows me all in like super instantly..... then i loose my hand on the last card flipped regardless of having 34%, 85%, and even 98% and 99% chances for having the win.

This starts to drag a long while, when i first started a month ago, most people wouldn't follow these kinds of bids, especially not after the flop, now and more and more, i see people doing random all ins with random cards and winning them.

I really start to feel like a rip off....

I've had similar experience with Pokerstars lately. That is weird.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aren´t there bots better than players now? i mean the algos exist already that beat the best poker players..

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes wonder about this. I played some cash games on partypoker recently. There was this player that I would always lose against no matter how good my hand was and how bad his was. No matter how much I raised my good hands, he would always call and call with garbage and he would win. I have no proof but I believe that it was a house bot and a very greedy one. How can anyone have proof about this, though? All you can do is contact customer service. But it's not like, if they do use bots they'll admit to it. Just my opinion.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
earn money with commissions from the tournaments and thus that the winnings are paid out to their own bots
This pretty much is the incentive. The top prizes make up the majority of the prize pool. If those go to the site rather than the players, the site profits.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like playing cash tables, for that reason. They are there, to get there money back, if you win a tournament. That's why I just play in tournaments. They probably want you to sit and play cash tables but I wont after I learned my lesson. Sat at the table got pocket As I went all in 1000 dollars and someone quickly called me and flop came qq 10 and the person who called me had q 10 off suit. wont play cash tables anymore.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This pretty much is the incentive. The top prizes make up the majority of the prize pool. If those go to the site rather than the players, the site profits.

I believe you feel the need to live in make-believe land.. aka dreamworld.
The thing is, if you were to play even just a bit, you'd understand that the guys who are playing all the time... well many of them know each other. It's not as vast of a community as one might think.

I would like to make you an offer...
I'd like to give you an opportunity to become a winning microstakes cashgame player. In the micros you will face some BOTS on occasion... .but I believe they are mostly in ZooM format type games & I don't feel like I'm seeing many at all lately (awhile back Partypoker had quite a few... these days I can't tell if they do but doesn't seem to be as much.. & fwiw, I don't detect them by how the cards run out.... as this has nothing to do with 'bots').
But you know... fk it. I don't focus on that type of stuff... I try to focus on trying to get better at the game & I have a LONG WAY TO GO (which is great!).

I think you are probably an intelligent person so I'm wondering what blocks you have to keep you from getting better at the game? (I know what mine are .... :( but I'm working on them (there's many!) )
So what do you say?
Maybe we could put it in a Challenge Thread??

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have that feeling that bots playing in rooms first time seeing post like this but everything is possible :D

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG, Playing hands at th exacter same second and multi-zoom tables, YES BOTS.

J

Jak0diamonds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Highly suspect when im on pokerstars and i see so many of the same profile pics of the jester or the bear with red eyes...there are more but i cant recall.. Anyways point is theres no way that many ppl have the same pic and stars doesebt have generic photos you can select tgat i know of. ???? Like buddy said there always was and there always will be.