Landon Tice vs. Bill Perkins - Headsup match begins June 2 (chat/comments)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Landon Tice is an extremely intelligent young guy who studies relentlessly - he also for what it is worth he seems very personable.

All signs indicate he will handily beat Perkins but will it enough to recoup $720,000 over the 20K hands - not sure? Negreanu had some very good days against Polk...and I am not sure his game and coaching had improved as much as people say. Variance is such a factor in HU. I think it will depend on how much MJ Gonzales has managed to improve Perkin's game as his coach. Gonzales initially declared Perkins was perhaps the worst player he had coached...and then things went fairly quiet on that front, so who knows how the coaching has been going?

Perkins is a contradictory figure. Obviously brilliant in his area of expertise (hedge fund manager regarding energy?) but outside of that I find him oddly juvenile and with his public pronouncements (implying a murder in Texas was a police hit and the recent home game cheating scandal) a bit of a muck raker.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So, Bill was definitely playing his A-game and managed to win the 2nd session.

Bill Perkins Notches Day 2 Victory in Heads-Up Match Vs. Landon Tice

As above, no doubt Tice is the better player but if Perkins is not playing recklessly (as per usual) and he is running well, there will be little Tice can do about it. That $720,000 hole is a large one to climb out of.

I have only followed the challenge a little at this point (the commentators dreadful) - how many hands are they averaging per session?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Okay just checked- they have played just over 900 hands which means around 32 sessions left.

Obviously not insurmountable for either to take a serious hit and climb back up...but as the article states, Landon Tice simply cannot afford, under the terms, to start falling behind at the start of the challenge.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It will be interesting to see the outcome of the next session.

I haven't done too much research other than check the twitch calendar and nothing has been scheduled for the next week, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well let's see how it will turn up to be after 10k. This HU is much like Mayweather Vs O'Connor, which is the same as what felins do with their food, you enjoy the foreplay, then u finish it in one take

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Frankly, good for Tice - he is undoubtedly the better player.

Its odd because if Perkins played conservatively and ran well, it could have been an uphill climb for Tice...I am trying to be as neutral as possible on this one.

However, if Perkins gets reckless to try to square things it could be a bloodbath

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anybody have action on this? :)

It’s been interesting so far :) Curious to see how their play changes once they’ve reached 1k, 2k, 5k hands against each other

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Anybody have action on this? :)

It’s been interesting so far :) Curious to see how their play changes once they’ve reached 1k, 2k, 5k hands against each other

Agreed, but I do not gamble haha- just play poker, and only that!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bill is back on track (technically) after the latest session...still trailing but back on track.

I have yet to find some kind of schedule (I have to be blind or just skimming over stuff too fast) then I might actually catch some of the Twitch stream. Anyone have any ideas when the next one will be? (no upcoming dates/times seem to be on either Bill or Landon's Twitter account, either)

Winning Session Puts Perkins Back on Track in Heads-Up Challenge

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been able to get interested in this. I have tried to watch it a few times now but my interest fades quickly. Maybe it's because I don't really care who wins? I don't know. Landon Tice definitely does not have the charisma of Doug Polk or Daniel Negreanu. So I just haven't found it very entertaining up to this point.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything here was initially clear, no intrigue. All the same, Perkins is an amateur, as they say, a recreational player.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been fun to follow. I'm glad that CC is covering the event with great writeups.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I haven't been able to get interested in this. I have tried to watch it a few times now but my interest fades quickly. Maybe it's because I don't really care who wins? I don't know. Landon Tice definitely does not have the charisma of Doug Polk or Daniel Negreanu. So I just haven't found it very entertaining up to this point.

Well I am a little on the fence regarding these challenges. The initial challenge of Galfond v Venividi was epic and novel.

Negreanu v Polk was compelling but the Holz v Malinowski challenge was a farce. I think Dara O'Kearney sort of nailed these challenges a few months ago saying they were really not that interesting (format and presentation) and he thought interest would wane.

I realized recently I have no idea what is going on with the subsequent Galfond challenges...and do not really care too much. I then just checked the Twitch stream numbers on the Tice v Perkins challenge and it appears a paltry 3k or so are watching the stream. The You Tube uploads are not faring any better except for the last stream where Joey Ingram was brought in to commentate and that only got 17k in total views so far.

The one good thing about the Holz v Malinowski challenge was they set up a camera on both players so it was that much more engaging (though the play was poor) and I think with visuals and a strong commentary these challenges are watchable. Without, not so much anymore.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well I am a little on the fence regarding these challenges. The initial challenge of Galfond v Venividi was epic and novel.

Negreanu v Polk was compelling but the Holz v Malinowski challenge was a farce. I think Dara O'Kearney sort of nailed these challenges a few months ago saying they were really not that interesting (format and presentation) and he thought interest would wane.

I realized recently I have no idea what is going on with the subsequent Galfond challenges...and do not really care too much. I then just checked the Twitch stream numbers on the Tice v Perkins challenge and it appears a paltry 3k or so are watching the stream. The You Tube uploads are not faring any better except for the last stream where Joey Ingram was brought in to commentate and that only got 17k in total views so far.

The one good thing about the Holz v Malinowski challenge was they set up a camera on both players so it was that much more engaging (though the play was poor) and I think with visuals and a strong commentary these challenges are watchable. Without, not so much anymore.

A dozen years ago, HeadsUp poker, no cards revealed, no commentary, no streaming, no breakdown of hands, etc. etc. still drew in 10's of thousands of viewers! The days of Tom 'Durrrr' Dwan & Isildur on FTP! That stuff was hugely entertaining!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A dozen years ago, HeadsUp poker, no cards revealed, no commentary, no streaming, no breakdown of hands, etc. etc. still drew in 10's of thousands of viewers! The days of Tom 'Durrrr' Dwan & Isildur on FTP! That stuff was hugely entertaining!

What I do not understand at this point is why can't they get them in a studio live? I am sure they have both been vaccinated...

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure that will be much more interesting if the players are live in studio...

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I do not understand at this point is why can't they get them in a studio live? I am sure they have both been vaccinated...

Appreciate your feedback, I will send it to the department in charge.

ACR Rep

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Appreciate your feedback, I will send it to the department in charge.

ACR Rep

Thank you!

Love the fact that the ACR responds like no other poker site rep on Cards Chat. Kudos for the attention - if nothing changes I'll still appreciate your focus on behalf of CC members!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The support rep here at CardsChat is one of the best and has an awesome approach to answering issues even when folks are very upset.

Last edited:
E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bill is back on track (technically) after the latest session...still trailing but back on track.

I have yet to find some kind of schedule (I have to be blind or just skimming over stuff too fast) then I might actually catch some of the Twitch stream. Anyone have any ideas when the next one will be? (no upcoming dates/times seem to be on either Bill or Landon's Twitter account, either)

Winning Session Puts Perkins Back on Track in Heads-Up Challenge

Is there another thread to follow the updated count, or have they not played another session in a while?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there another thread to follow the updated count, or have they not played another session in a while?

Hi, we constantly posted the Heads Up battle directly in our Twitter account, you can follow us to get the latest clips and stats here:

https://twitter.com/ACR_POKER

Thanks for your interest in this EPIC Battle between Landon“AbsoluteGO” Tice vs. Bill “Gas Trader” Perkins

Live stream and most important clips you can view it directly on our twitch channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/americascardroom

Also, find additional information here in our website:

https://www.americascardroom.eu//landon-tice-vs-bill-perkins/

Hope you enjoy it!

ACR Rep