Hellmuth vs Negreanu - The Challenge is on!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will be a very interesting match.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth to win. Live tournament plus he's naturally lucky.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Negreanu a lot,he is very entertaining player to watch

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Epic collapse by Dnegs. Or is it epic comeback by Hellmuth? I wish I could have seen it.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Negreanu and Hellmuth because of his hot-headed nature, they are definitely two very strong players with a lot of experience. In my eyes, Daniel Negreanu remains the funniest poker player in the world :)

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm gonna keep an eye on this.
A fellow Canadian mentioned that they will go with Danny and I am onboard also.
Phil is also very good for Poker, so this is relevant if you are a fan.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I think this crazy bet will end? Easy - it won't.

I've seen so many of these over the years that never end or get called off before 1/2 way complete (either because one party got so deep in the red, they forfeited or both parties never agreed to schedule more games)

So with that being said and both players being publicity whores - I'd chalk it up to another random measurement of egos that will never be final.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting in a manner.

I detailed the fiasco that the stream was (first open to all then taken behind a paywall that had technical difficulties) on another thread.

But I then caught up with the breakdown of play, the key hands and how the match had turned around.

First, I can't say I like either of them too much but Helmuth was yet again cringeworthy pre-match berating both Negreanu and then Nick Shulman (?). Then the match got underway and frankly it was a boring grind for the first 1 1/2 hours before it got taken 'off air' behind the paywall. I then tried to watch blind with Joey Ingram but he gave up after 3 hours.

Around that time was when Helmuth started chipping back up. I would have preferred Negreanu to win following the pre-match crap from Helmuth but Negreanu is his own worst enemy. Since playing Polk he has been fronting like he has morphed into a GTO whizz. That's absurd regardless. However, I always feel like Negreanu sharpens his game up occasionally then sooner rather than later reverts to type... and it just feels from the match breakdown, when holding a convincing lead he just took his foot off the gas, played a casual game and paid the price.

Which lets face it is pretty embarrassing for Negreanu.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phil will come out on top, he's just hell-bent on beating Daniel.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
2 big-name players so this should get lots of attention among poker players and others. Hopefully this will be good for the game.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I gave in and signed up to a month of poker go to watch it. They got me, lol! I thought it was so entertaining and I love them both, but did anyone else think there was a lot of calling preflop and checking and not much aggression overall? I found that part a bit shocking, but I'm use to playing the micros, lol! I guess nobody wanted to inflate the pot.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I support Denis, although he lost the first duel, 200 hands do not talk about anything.
However, "white magic" does its job

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's interesting looking at Phil's Hendon Mob (link below), there aren't a lot of cashes over $10K and very few of them in the past three years. It would be interesting to know if people are prop betting this and what odds are being offered on Phil completing this, let alone winning the bet.

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=117

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tHE kID vs THEbrat I pick the brat everytime

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Negreanu is the best

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be interesting. I think Phil will do better than Daniel on this one. If this was cash I would jump all over Danial to win.
I dont know man, Dnegs has been in the lab since playing Doug Polk in HUNL. I think Phil will have to get lucky over the course of their matchup to turn a profit.

D

DomDoctor01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would be extremely funny for Phil Helmuth to get coached by Doug Polk.Maybe get on social media and make a little fun of Dnegs haha .

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loved round 2 last night! Very entertaining and I thought the plays were much better, and more interesting, than round one. Wow, Hellmuth pulled off some great bluffs, really impressive. His nitty image helps him get away with a lot, lol! Daniel did a great one as well, but I felt Hellmuth really milked it. Love to see it! In my opinion, one thing a computer can't really do so well is tell if someone is weak or strong, and that's a skill both of these players have in spades, ha ha. I guess poker go got me for another month subscription.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am always rooting for my idol Daniel Negreanu, he brings a lot of joy to the world of poker!