Hellmuth vs Negreanu - The Challenge is on!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Total posts
Helmut agreed to Negreanu's bet: play 50 tournaments for $ 25,000.

There doesn't appear to be a set schedule so this challenge could take up to a year to complete - even with the high stakes games played a couple of times a month at the Aria in Las Vegas. Phil H. has stated he will begin playing as soon as he is ready since they are in the midst of a pandemic he will likely wait till he has received his vaccine then return to the live tables.

How do you think this crazy bet will end?

(the information was found first here >>> https://vk.com/official_poker_ru )

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
I just felt it worthwhile to link to the 'No Gamble, No Future" podcast outside of the News Update above.

3 minutes in Negreanu and Helmuth start arguing with each and do not stop for an hour. Platt and Hanks let them go at it. Funniest thing I have seen in ages.

The argument explains how Helmuth agreed to a prop bet to play 50 Aria 25K high rollers where Helmuth has to show a profit to win $400,000 - separate and nothing to do with their High Stakes Duel coming up.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
Thanks for that, DS! :)

LOL...they fight like siblings!

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Just have to be interesting.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I don't know what the outcome of this will be but I hope you keep posting the result here on Cardschat too because I'm very curious how this will turn out. :D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
This will be interesting. I think Phil will do better than Daniel on this one. If this was cash I would jump all over Danial to win.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I hope negreanu kicks the brats A-S-S.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I think phil will win in that long of a game.

K

KLDUFF1987

Visionary
Total posts
This would be interesting to watch, shame there won't be a stream involved

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Total posts
What a great bet! I like both these guys, both huge characters - Negreanu is impossible to dislike even when he's beating you senseless! Will be following this one with great interest.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
I am somewhat on the fence with this one or to be precise, ambivalent.

Negreanu has just come from a months long duel with Polk during which he was coached and should have really upped his game. He also made a good argument in that Helmuth largely succeeds because he does not put himself into situations where variance evens out over time - and the people that Helmuth have defeated failed to adjust for Helmuth's game in the short term.

The problem being (which Negreanu underlines) is this duel will be over three relatively short handed sessions. It can go either way -but it will be embarrassing if Helmuth comes out on top.

Regarding the prop bet of Helmuth playing 50 x 25K Aria High Rollers ( its a 2 to 1 bet where he wins 440k if he profits, if not he pays Negreanu 200K) my guesss is he will sort of slide out of it. The high rollers are held every weekend, but my guess is Helmuth will not show with any regularity meaning it could take years to resolve with Helmuth hoping everyone forgets about it.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Total posts
This crazy bet will never end, Phil just won't complete it

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Total posts
Awards
RO
who is the underdog in this battle ? :D:p

F

fifille07

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I'll follow that one closely as I hate Hellmuth so much.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
In my opinion Phil is stronger than Dani

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Good luck to both, but I think Negreanu will win

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
overall be great to watch,but being Canadian gotta go with Daniel

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
This sounds like a fun matchup, these are 2 guys that I started watching during the poker boom. Must be nice for them to have that kind of money to throw around eh :).

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Negraneau vs Hellmuth

This sounds like a fun matchup, these are 2 guys that I started watching during the poker boom. Must be nice for them to have that kind of money to throw around eh :).

Yes I agree these guys are part of the reason for the overall popularity of Hold'em, going to be a fun contest but would bet on Negraneau to come out on top...Thinking before playing defeats aggressiveness and bluffing...it's not always true that "Bull Shit baffles Brains":):):)
Go canada

Jimlad999

Jimlad999

Enthusiast
Total posts
Will be an interesting watch but I would go for hellmuth