Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I remember bunches of chat during my play money sessions. Never noticed it at the real money tables.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to talk or listen to the nonsense of some players and I prefer to focus on the game.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
There are some player ... They talk too much. saying ugly words. I don't need that. I feel offended. So I don't chat. Newer.

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in online poker people communicate less. because they play at a lot of tables. and if Timing tells ends and the cards fly off into the pass. if you play on the same table then you can talk

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Seems this topic has been rather comprehensively discussed with the glaring exception of nobody mentioning the obviously covered-up conspiracy orchestrated by Big Peanut Butter to boost sales.

Decreasing player chat at tables will inevitably lead to an increase of individuals thinking about their appetite and, by association, peanut butter, which in turn leads to a spike in players heading out to the shops after the grind to buy peanut butter and make sandwiches (possibly with jelly*).

Their peanut-oily corporate tentacles are all over this...

*Or jam, depending on your location.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing poker at multiple tables leaves no time for talking

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chatting is distracting and you may give away your hand.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes they dont understand, they dont want or they are still ignorrant :p
i like it to have a talk at the table but the niveau has to be high

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that now in online poker, chatting comes down to rudeness.
Maybe also because people use a headset. Everyone has forgotten how to write and read. :pcguru:

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
That is not true. The times I play, they hardly chat, but from time to time there is always someone out there who does it, there are very few times of course but they do, even I do it too from time to time playing my micro limits, to Sometimes I get an answer and sometimes they ignore me, it is according to the mood in which I am,

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. Today, players have no time to talk. So many buttons have to be pressed, to keep up with everything. Surely many people play not only poker, but also programs such as calculators and other things.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe people may just be too busy playing multiple tables to chat.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still chat a little bit, and throw a trophy (or an egg lol) when theres a good play :)

K

KDKane1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think never before have so many ignorant illiterate people populated this world. Now we're starting to see the fallout from it. Thank you John D. Rockefeller and your university sponsorship program.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear from many friends that they find it very annoying because sometimes there are very annoying people on the chat. I also turn off the chat if possible, it takes too much time and it's too busy.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I used to play at a table some time ago, I used chat on one site or another, after i started playing at 4 tables, i don't know what goes on there (I currently use chat just playing live :))

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm new at online poker and am not using chat . It distracts me from the game , and gathering info about my opponents . You never know when you'll need it .

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I can only give my opinions and my reasons for chatting or not. I usually begin my session multi-tabling MTT's and so I really don't waste the time, watching the chat. In fact, I usually don't even have the chat showing, I set the box to show the position of the tournament. If I get to the final table, then I will turn the chat on, just in case , there is some issue or someone wants a deal etc... When I used to watch the chat it was always the worst donkeys yelling at someone , and it is usually a person who makes a standard play and the donkeys will start berating them. I use to needle these guys for fun, but it became too tiresome. When I was just starting out, seeing a guy in a $2 tourney claim he was awesome at poker used to crack me up, now I just focus on the actual play and leave the chat to the same guys , saying the same things ,for the same years. LOL

To each his own, if people want to chat , it is OK with me. Once in awhile in A CC freeroll, I might comment to someone I have played with for a long time, but not a long conversation, just nice hand and Hi
Well said, everything happens to me as well. Respect dude, shake your hand!

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Most sites have replaced chatting with this emoji crap. Can't stand it. Hate emoji spam.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sadly most of people use chat just to provoke or insult

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing online poker some years ago, there was a lot of chat at the the tables.
Today players do not chat much.
Why?

I believe it has been since the moment Negreanu said that "everything you do at the table conveys information" classic statement. It's like proverb already :D People turned out become robots. Actually, I didn't play like ten years ago, I don't know how it was then. But your question is similiar to "why don't people socialize like they used to do back then?" Pretty close topics to discuss with a sociologist, I guess.

A player just sits at the table with money in mind, nothing else. Except those are sly talkative. And some are enjoying the game, just having fun playing and socializing. And that's why they're targeted by piranhas.

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cause, lot insults happpens----i would meet them live sometimes...showing how a Pirate acts!!! AYE!!!

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Because it is not convenient to lose concentration, just to establish a little conversation