Why do players not chat anymore?

K

kraton890

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
about poker

because everyone is now focused on the result and does not want to lose focus on communication

V

vitaliyk20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they want to stay incognito

K

KDKane1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to chat and make friends while playing, but I think most people are playing multiply tables and listening to music.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time players are rude and insulting without any provocation.They just dont like the way you play ,calling you donk,idiot,fish etc...So how do you wanna chat? I just tend to ignore them

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In most cases, people began to communicate less. Before, when there was no Internet, there was more communication. When I play online, I try to talk to people and in 35% of cases they answer me. People are focused to get results and don't want to be distracted by conversations. At low rates, I think you need to be easier on everything, you can relax a little and chat, at high rates, the professionals of each other both online and can communicate live.

R

ravv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now many people play many tables at once so there is no time for chatting but if you play live there is more talks. I don't really chat playing online

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think because it's so easy to multitask
when im on a table (MTT) i barely look at the chat, just the cards
perhaps in a final table, otherwise i'm just on another monitor doing work

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as you open your mouth, you are giving information, false, or otherwise.

It sounds blunt, and unfriendly, but it's true. I don't do much chatting, but I do a lot of chat watching.

It's a very important online "tell" tool.

I

inv1ctus34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
many people played 3-8 table and cannot see chat window

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Yes, I noticed this trend long ago. I think this is due to the fact that people have become more violent materialists.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Myself I find that I am not paying enough attention to the task at hand. I also end up feeling guilty for knocking someone out for instance if I am chatting with them....

Besides that, I find that if someone takes what you say wrong, they will follow you around and mess with you. Too many people try to be offended for no reason.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are many people with multiple tables, so they cannot concentrate on the chat.;)

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The chat can be 'toxic' nowadays and I like to concentrate on my play and not the negative things some people say(I also play multiple tables and it's not easy to be interactive with the people at the tables anyways lol)... Still, the home games and/or some community tournaments are exceptions and I like interacting with fellow members :)

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
I always want to focus on the game not on the chat.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do agree with you that there used to be more chat in game, even just 6 months to a year ago. Especially in the cards chat games there used to be a lot more chatter but it's actually been very quiet compared to normal in the few I've been in.

Otherwise, the only chat I see is players mouthing off being jerks and I know most of the time it is their way of trying to get into the other players heads but for me, it actually makes me play better.

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't chat because mostly people just talk a bunch of smack. I just laugh and concentrate on my own game.

ItsThePits

ItsThePits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I believe it is because it is so much easier to play multiple games at once, that players don’t have time to concentrate on chatting.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is because it is so much easier to play multiple games at once, that players don’t have time to concentrate on chatting.

I agree! You also need to take into account the fact that for many players poker is first of all earnings and secondly it is pleasure, including from communication:cool:

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

I do not chat because it´s a waste of time and concentration
Also i never ever show my cards. There is no gain on it

Rgds

AndryxaDovolen

AndryxaDovolen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, what is there in the chat?) Some insults, mostly .. Yes, and of course this useless communication distracts. I hope that someday we will become more polite!) (I do not generalize)

D

Dannyzandro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat seems to have become a lot more toxic than it used to be. When somebody does chat it's usually just to fire out and insult of some sort or call somebody for a bad play. Because of the distraction I typically just turn chat off, I'm sure others have been led to do the same thing.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many idiots saying the expletives', Not really worth the effort.

An expletive is a swear word, a curse you let out when you are startled or mad. ... An expletive is a vulgar word that will greatly upset your grandmother if you say it in her presence. An expletive usually sneaks out because you get surprised or angry, like if you stub your toe, you might yell out an expletive.

PockerGod

PockerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The chat systems are always bad of poker software. I they had voice chat you would have a lot more people willing to communicate!

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many persons play for cash and don't want to be distracted, I think.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that before the game was entertainment for the players, but now it has turned into earnings. Therefore, everyone who used to communicate now considers this an interfering element.