Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably a combination of many players playing multiple games at once, it is distracting, chat windows are very small, maybe not good typists, etc...

1player1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a combination of many players playing multiple games at once, it is distracting, chat windows are very small, maybe not good typists, etc...
Good points, but it's a kind of booring trend.
I normally only play one table, and I like a good chat, so it makes me a little sad, and less fun to play!

They might be busy playing other tables or watching netflix.
Haha, good point, but it miss the time before NetFlix :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends, did you go up with buyins?? Bigger buyin more multitabling plaxers=less chat... Most there is on freerolls :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I briefly played online poker on I think it was Full Tilt back in 2006, and back then the microstakes cash tables were almost like a chat site. I even made some "friends" that way, or at least people, whom I got to know a little bit. But as you say, those days are long gone. Its mostly a function of the fact, there are less truly recreational players these days and more people (like myself) playing for profit AKA "regulars". As others have said, most regulars multitable, and that leaves little time for engaging in friendly chat.

Quite a few also dont speak english, which on most sites in the only allowed chat language. Finally the situation has also been created by idiots, who abuse the chat to go crazy on other people rather than engage in friendly conversation. After being informed a few times, which unspeakable things, someone wants to do to their mother after losing a big pot to them, some people have selected to simply disable the chat all together.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is really very little chat at the tables. Why is this? I think everyone is busy with themselves.
I think a lot of people play on multiple tables at once, others do something else, watch a series, and so on.
I am one of them, I don't usually chat, only rarely.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not all players speak English, and a lot of the chat is really negative.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I like to chat only in CC freerolls and especially in League Games, have a fun and enjoy the conversation. Other tourneys I use the chat very rare.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

why do you want to talk? This is very distracting and interferes with your game and making the right decisions

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I think it's because a lot of players play a lot of tables and there is no time to chat( WHile before it was not so popular to play a lot of tables at the same time.

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have much other thing they doing than to chat, listen to music, tv, MTT

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
When I started playing online poker some years ago, there was a lot of chat at the the tables.
Today players do not chat much.
Why?

Why? Cause they may easily be playing in weird sites where isn't even option to talk lol ...

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I rarely ever chat at the tables. I find it to be a distraction and keep it turned off.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's because players usually play multiple tables, it's difficult to be focused on the tables and chat at the same time.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat

It seemed like a few players would get out of hand with their chatting.

B

Butchbigdog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on pokerstars PA and because it only has players who live in PA there seems to be some good chat going on. I never see people chatting on ACR

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For myself its too much of a distraction. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the game itself let alone trying to keep up with chat, though in cc games I am a little more inclined if I only have 1-2 tables up

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe because alot of the chat is really negative or people just want to play poker.

1player1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe because alot of the chat is really negative or people just want to play poker.
Good point, I don't like the negative part of chats either, but i miss partitioning or listening to a good chat.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like to chat during the game

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't pay attention to the chat anymore except in some CC's freerolls. Sometimes if I am in the mood I chat with other CCers but in real money games it's very rare to chat with someone in a friendly way 9/10 times the swear and curse to each other. So I don't care participating in non sense swearing by unpolite human beings.

1player1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay attention to the chat anymore except in some CC's freerolls. Sometimes if I am in the mood I chat with other CCers but in real money games it's very rare to chat with someone in a friendly way 9/10 times the swear and curse to each other. So I don't care participating in non sense swearing by unpolite human beings.
Good points, I respect that,